IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, BrianLS said:

Hi Foxman50 - Sorry about that :)  I know what you mean.  I absolutely will not audition the W20 in my system.  I'm using a Nordost USB cable to a DCS Vivaldi DAC.  I lived quite happily with that N100H for some time, though - It's a really nice sounding streamer/server.

I have followed a similar path as you did, although my first Aurender was an X100L. The upgrade to the N10 was indeed a huge one. A few months ago I had the chance to once again make an upgrade, when I was offered a used W20 by my dealer. I was curious, but also a bit sceptic w.r.t. any improvement from the N10. I shouldn't have been. It literally took me 10 seconds to be able to know there was no way back. It's really hard to explain what you're missing until you hear it for yourself. The W20 is way too expensive for me to be considered to buy new. BUT: it does deliver and also compared to the N10 it is simply in another league. So happy I could lay my hands on this perfect second hand sample! ?

13 hours ago, Foxman50 said:

I haven't updated to iOS11 yet, however as an N100 owner id be really interested in your views of upgrading to the N10 when you get a chance. Im sure Aurender will provide an update on the app pretty soon judging by previous responses.

Before plopping down 7900 on a N10 try the A10 for 4900. Depending on your connectivity it may be worth a listen. I went from an N100S ( Solid State 2tb) with an Oppo 105 Modwright Tube dac with LPS, Regenerators,  yada, yada and the A10 trounced it. With the N10 I am sure you will want a DAC that does DSD as well so you are looking at least is the 5k range. Add all your cabling, Upgraded power cord and fuse, isolation on the 2nd box, LPS and you could easily add another 2k. So know you have 10k to upgrade your speaker which will make the biggest improvement in your system.

I think Aurender screwed itself by promoting the A10 as basically a N100 with a dac. I don't know if its the implementation or what but the A10 is a great sounding player. I just upgraded to Magicos S3 and just realizing how good this player really is. MQA is icing on the cake. 4,500 titles and counting.  Just a thought.       

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Hi Vincent - LOL!  I know!  I've heard the W20 in other systems and it always sounds great.  But you can't really grok a component until you've heard it in your own system for a while.  I have no doubt that the W20 would sound better in my system - But I just did a major upgrade with the N10, cables, and some other goodies.  If I don't stop and remodel the kitchen soon, my wife will kill me.  And then she'll have the stereo all to herself.  I can't let that happen.  And to be honest, I'm really waiting to see if Aurender and DCS will ever support DSD-256.  Anyway - Consider me jealous of your W20 :)  Brian.

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

2 hours ago, BrianLS said:

Hi Vincent - LOL!  I know!  I've heard the W20 in other systems and it always sounds great.  But you can't really grok a component until you've heard it in your own system for a while.  I have no doubt that the W20 would sound better in my system - But I just did a major upgrade with the N10, cables, and some other goodies.  If I don't stop and remodel the kitchen soon, my wife will kill me.  And then she'll have the stereo all to herself.  I can't let that happen.  And to be honest, I'm really waiting to see if Aurender and DCS will ever support DSD-256.  Anyway - Consider me jealous of your W20 :)  Brian.

LOL! Aah yes, our wives... ? W.r.t. to dCS and DSD-256: their current platform certainly should be powerful enough to support it. Their own statement is to wait until enough music material is available, which sounds reasonable to me. But for now I'm especially eagerly awaiting their MQA update. Already in beta since May.. Let's hope it'll be worth the wait.. ?

3 minutes ago, dminches said:

I own both an N10 and w20. I bought both of them used which is why it was affordable. I have never played them in the same room. I should do that to compare the sound. I also have a microRendu which I should add to the comparison 

Anyone interested in participating in the shootout?  I am in South NJ. 

Should be an easy one. ? Unfortunately I live in Europe, so I cannot attend.. ?

I'd be thre with an armload of wine and beer, but I'm in Colorado.  If you're in NJ, have you ever made it over to GTT Audio?  The have the new AudioNet Heisenberg amplifiers that I'm eager to hear.  Let us know how the shoot-out goes.

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

2 hours ago, dminches said:

I own both an N10 and w20. I bought both of them used which is why it was affordable. I have never played them in the same room. I should do that to compare the sound. I also have a microRendu which I should add to the comparison 

Actually I would really be interested in participating in this “Shoot-Out”!! I have an N100H and I just recently purchased a Synology NAS and have been even contemplating if a uRendu may be a better option vs. the Aurender to play music from my NAS. I have the Aurenders HDD full at this point and would leave that as is and potentially use the uRendu for NAS playback so I would not have to worry about having a duplicated music library within the Conductor App. 

I’m located just on the other side of the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia (Old City). 

Lets PM each other and discuss the possibility of a shoot-out :) 

Hi I have a very simple technical question for Aurender uses.

I have an Aurender N100H and I wish to delete all my music on the on-board hard drive so i can completely replace my music collection from scratch

For the life of me I cannot work how to delete everything. I have the read all documentation, searched the web/forums etc and found nothing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Aurender N100H> USB(Darkside Cable) > Mcintosh D1100 Digital Preamp > Darkside Cable balanced interconnect  >  Mcintosh MC302 Amp  > SpectralMH-770  Speaker Cables  >  Martin Logan Prodigys

37 minutes ago, fand1 said:

I have an Aurender N100H and I wish to delete all my music on the on-board hard drive so i can completely replace my music collection from scratch

For the life of me I cannot work how to delete everything. I have the read all documentation, searched the web/forums etc and found nothing.

http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide-transferring

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:09 PM, dminches said:

I'm nowhere near NJ, but would love to hear the results of a shootout between the Microrendu and the two Aurenders! I don't believe that's ever been done before.

JC

2 hours ago, JS21 said:

Thankyou

I normally try to avoid dealing with networks like the plague, was hoping for a way via the app. there isn't...

Anyway bit the bullet...all sorted now.

Aurender N100H> USB(Darkside Cable) > Mcintosh D1100 Digital Preamp > Darkside Cable balanced interconnect  >  Mcintosh MC302 Amp  > SpectralMH-770  Speaker Cables  >  Martin Logan Prodigys

On 4.10.2017 at 11:09 PM, dminches said:

Can't wait for the result of your comparison.

I heard very positive opinion about microRencu from the person with good ears, he says microRendu is very close to both Aurenders.

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine or Lampizator  Pacific 2 SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

14 hours ago, fand1 said:

If you have a computer connected to the same network as the N100H, you should be able to use your explorer to find the N100H access the HDD and delete all music files. On the PC find the Network icon on the desktop and open it. When it opens the N100Hs icon should appear. Open it (you may have to use a password here) and access your files. If you use an automatic sync program (say GoodSync) there may be some cleaning to do.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:43 PM, agladstone said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 and I’ve been experiencing some issues. Little quirky bug type issues and also a lot of freeze ups and the need to exit out and restart. 

Im not sure about others here, but I’ve continually also noticed big issues with the Wikipedia links to album and artist info (typically only works about 20% of the time, otherwise it just pulls up a completely blank white screen). 

Another issue I’ve noticed since inception that bugs me (pun intended), is that any DSD album I have that is either in .DFF format (vs. .DSF), Any DXD Album, or any DSD album that is DSD 128 does not show up within the Conductor app whatsoever in “normal mode”. 

I’ve discovered a work around, which is to use the Folder view (they do show up there), and then to replace queue with it and then save the album as a playlist, but it’s still really annoying. 

I have a large music collection and when I pull up an artist for example and the DSD 128 and/ or DFF albums for that artist are missing, I typically forget that I have a few of these for that artist that I need to go finder under folder view. 

I’ll send tech support this information now to let them know about these issues, I’ve not yet notified them about these things. 

Hi agladstone,

Hope you have sorted out the issues with the update before I do likewise. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

On 10/4/2017 at 3:43 AM, agladstone said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 and I’ve been experiencing some issues. Little quirky bug type issues and also a lot of freeze ups and the need to exit out and restart. 

Im not sure about others here, but I’ve continually also noticed big issues with the Wikipedia links to album and artist info (typically only works about 20% of the time, otherwise it just pulls up a completely blank white screen). 

Another issue I’ve noticed since inception that bugs me (pun intended), is that any DSD album I have that is either in .DFF format (vs. .DSF), Any DXD Album, or any DSD album that is DSD 128 does not show up within the Conductor app whatsoever in “normal mode”. 

I’ve discovered a work around, which is to use the Folder view (they do show up there), and then to replace queue with it and then save the album as a playlist, but it’s still really annoying. 

I have a large music collection and when I pull up an artist for example and the DSD 128 and/ or DFF albums for that artist are missing, I typically forget that I have a few of these for that artist that I need to go finder under folder view. 

I’ll send tech support this information now to let them know about these issues, I’ve not yet notified them about these things. 

Interesting, as I’ve had a couple of very recent freeze ups where I’ve had to exit out of the Conductor app and go back in again.  I recently upgraded to iOS 11, but didnt even think of the connection of the upgrade as a possible cause until I read your post.  I did think of these freeze ups as a little strange as I’ve never had any until recently, and now come to think of it, these were after upgrading to iOS 11.  I’ll keep a watch on this to see if I have more incidents.  

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

1 hour ago, srms said:

Same problems here with iOS11. It has caused lots of issues for people and you can't roll back to 10.3 any longer. I also use the Android app which still needs some development but doesn't crash like the Apple version does. 

Have you asked Aurender support?

A professional app developer will be able to get beta-versions of upcoming versions of iOS well in advance of roll-out to customers, giving them plenty of time to ensure the app is working as it should and in most cases also release a new version compatible with the new release and also backward compatible with earlier releases. 

If the app developer are experiencing severe problems that aren't able to fix in time for the production release, you would at least expect them to provide information to customers that they should avoid upgrading until a maintenance release is available. Three good ways to communicate with customers are 

• Provide a newsletter that you can subscribe to (not just marketing/sales info!!!)
  • News/support bulletins published on the corporate website (not just marketing/sales info!!!)
  • Provide a discussion forum or being active on forums like computeraudiophile

I have learnt the hard way that you really shouldn't be an early adopter in some cases ;)

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

On 10/9/2017 at 2:22 AM, rwwjr44 said:

If you have a computer connected to the same network as the N100H, you should be able to use your explorer to find the N100H access the HDD and delete all music files. On the PC find the Network icon on the desktop and open it. When it opens the N100Hs icon should appear. Open it (you may have to use a password here) and access your files. If you use an automatic sync program (say GoodSync) there may be some cleaning to do.

Hi here

Basically I bit the bullet and managed to connect via my network. After a bit of swearing.....

Anyway I can now manage my collection via my main PC which makes life so much easier.

6 hours ago, Taxman said:

Have you asked Aurender support?

A professional app developer will be able to get beta-versions of upcoming versions of iOS well in advance of roll-out to customers, giving them plenty of time to ensure the app is working as it should and in most cases also release a new version compatible with the new release and also backward compatible with earlier releases. 

If the app developer are experiencing severe problems that aren't able to fix in time for the production release, you would at least expect them to provide information to customers that they should avoid upgrading until a maintenance release is available. Three good ways to communicate with customers are 

• Provide a newsletter that you can subscribe to (not just marketing/sales info!!!)
  • News/support bulletins published on the corporate website (not just marketing/sales info!!!)
  • Provide a discussion forum or being active on forums like computeraudiophile

I have learnt the hard way that you really shouldn't be an early adopter in some cases ;)

Exactly. Little attention towards customers would be nice in case like this. But exactly as You wrote, there is no good communication tool from Aurender yet. For example Auralic CEO (Mr. Xuanqian Wang) is quite active here on forum, which is good, because you have always stright and accurate first hand information...

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

38 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

FWIW, the staff at Aurender have reached out to me several times with very helpful personal support, always very effectively and graciously.  My experience is that they follow these threads rather closely.  I am an N10 owner. 

I believe this is true and Aurender has fair support on personal issue basis. I am talking about general communication here... I am long time Auralic owner, as well as Aurender owner, so I can compare support of both companies. For example UI. Auralic CEO always responded to criticism of certain UI elements, and always clearly explained why these elements are exactly the way they are. Always opened to discussion. Sometimes even implemented reasonable suggestions.

I have never heard from Aurender any attempt to explain anything. There is literally no discussion whatsoever... Maybe they do read this forum, but they don't communicate. Thats all.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

Jason and others have always been great on the support side.  Aurender needs to add a US-based team to compensate for the South Korea / US time difference.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

My  A10 runs perfectly and sounds even better. I have not updated to the latest iOS software though. Some things are better left alone!! Tons of MQA files coming aboard. I have a lot of local files of the same file so easy to compare. I wont tell you that it sounds better but most of it you would have a hard time telling the difference. I spent over 3k in Hi rez material and would be more than satisfied to stream MQA at 20 bucks a month.

Russ    

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

5 hours ago, dminches said:

Jason and others have always been great on the support side.  Aurender needs to add a US-based team to compensate for the South Korea / US time difference.

Aurender has had US based support for quite a while. They are prompt and helpful when your dealer is unable to help.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct