IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Turning off USB power is not fully removed. It's still available in the old beta Android app! I use it too on my W20 and it works fine; no need to ask remote support! You only need an Android phone and connect it to your network. Just don't tell Aurender..! ?

They monitor this thread, so now the know!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Another observation 

I have upgraded all 4 of my Rowland Model 1's (run mono) and am overwhelmed with the synergy in the system with the A 10.  What a musical experience.  Having listened to the A 10 in three other over the top systems, I can't believe the difference.  They all had incredible detail but an edge that I couldn't listen to on an extended basis.

Yesterday, I put some metal isolation feet under the A10 and couldn't believe how the stage moved forward and with an edge of brightness.  Took them off and the musical glory returned.

I have the A 10 behind a door on a tall (over 6 feet) wooden standalone shelf system on a concrete floor.

Conclusion -- the A 10 is remarkably sensitive to set up --

speed of Internet connection, electrical isolation, cables, other electronics, speaker and placement.

This is good and bad.  Not sure if I could get the three top of the line systems that I previously used to audition to replicate my current system.  I am sure it could be done but I think that it could be a very difficult and frustrating effort. On the other hand, the A 10 has such remarkable potential, it is well worth the effort.  I count myself very fortunate that it didn't take me long to get the set up that works for me.

New SW update available. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Looks like from August?

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

4 hours ago, markrubin said:

looks like minor bug fixes

app background color still the same!

Yeah, unfortunately. 

I was hoping for the fm streaming fix at the very least. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm breaking in my new N10 after upgrading from an N100H.  Unfortunately, I updated my iPad to iOS 11 at about the same time.  I'm having quite a few issues with the Conductor app on iOS 11, and am wondering if anyone else is having issues or what the official story is with Conductor and iOS 11?  I'll downgrade back to iOS 10 if I have to but I'd rather not.

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

4 hours ago, BrianLS said:

I'm breaking in my new N10 after upgrading from an N100H.  Unfortunately, I updated my iPad to iOS 11 at about the same time.  I'm having quite a few issues with the Conductor app on iOS 11, and am wondering if anyone else is having issues or what the official story is with Conductor and iOS 11?  I'll downgrade back to iOS 10 if I have to but I'd rather not.

I haven't updated to iOS11 yet, however as an N100 owner id be really interested in your views of upgrading to the N10 when you get a chance. Im sure Aurender will provide an update on the app pretty soon judging by previous responses.

Sure -
I love the N100H - quiet, reliable, looks great and sounds great.  But the N10 is in another class.  Upon first turning it on, the soundstage width, which I thought was pretty amazing with the N100H, and the accurate location of sound sources within the sound stage were spectacular.  After some break-in time, the sound sources became more resolved, solid, and colorful.  And that sound stage just keeps getting more solid, too.  The N10 is turning out to create greater dynamics as well.  I suspect a lot of the improvements come from a reduction in noise.  Whatever the underlying reasons, the N10 just crushes the N100H.
Also, I am waiting for some isolation pucks from HRS, and may end up getting an isolation base for the N10.  This will improve things even more.
I'm sure the W20 has some sonic advantages over the N10, but the N10 is the sweet spot for me.

Brian.

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

I upgraded to iOS 11 and I’ve been experiencing some issues. Little quirky bug type issues and also a lot of freeze ups and the need to exit out and restart. 

Im not sure about others here, but I’ve continually also noticed big issues with the Wikipedia links to album and artist info (typically only works about 20% of the time, otherwise it just pulls up a completely blank white screen). 

Another issue I’ve noticed since inception that bugs me (pun intended), is that any DSD album I have that is either in .DFF format (vs. .DSF), Any DXD Album, or any DSD album that is DSD 128 does not show up within the Conductor app whatsoever in “normal mode”. 

I’ve discovered a work around, which is to use the Folder view (they do show up there), and then to replace queue with it and then save the album as a playlist, but it’s still really annoying. 

I have a large music collection and when I pull up an artist for example and the DSD 128 and/ or DFF albums for that artist are missing, I typically forget that I have a few of these for that artist that I need to go finder under folder view. 

I’ll send tech support this information now to let them know about these issues, I’ve not yet notified them about these things. 

Question:

Is anyone here using a NAS to stream music to the Aurender for playback? 

I have an N100H and I recently purchased a Synology 916+ NAS. 

My music collection is pretty large (around 25TB’s and growing), so I can only fit a portion of it on the Aurender’s internal HD. 

1. What is the best method to play music on the NAS via the Aurender? 

2. What is the sound quality like vs. music stored locally on internal HDD?

3. If I add the NAS to Aurender/ Conductor App, will this create duplicates for the music I have stored in the internal HDD that is also on the NAS?  The Synology has my entire music collection, so that includes the music I have in the Aurender’s internal HDD. 

4. Any tips and tweaks that could improve NAS to Aurender playback SQ (i:e. Powering NAS via an LPSU and or using Ethernet LAN Isolators on NAS connection from Router, etc.)? 

Thanks !  

19 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 and I’ve been experiencing some issues. Little quirky bug type issues and also a lot of freeze ups and the need to exit out and restart. 

Im not sure about others here, but I’ve continually also noticed big issues with the Wikipedia links to album and artist info (typically only works about 20% of the time, otherwise it just pulls up a completely blank white screen). 

Another issue I’ve noticed since inception that bugs me (pun intended), is that any DSD album I have that is either in .DFF format (vs. .DSF), Any DXD Album, or any DSD album that is DSD 128 does not show up within the Conductor app whatsoever in “normal mode”. 

I’ve discovered a work around, which is to use the Folder view (they do show up there), and then to replace queue with it and then save the album as a playlist, but it’s still really annoying. 

I have a large music collection and when I pull up an artist for example and the DSD 128 and/ or DFF albums for that artist are missing, I typically forget that I have a few of these for that artist that I need to go finder under folder view. 

I’ll send tech support this information now to let them know about these issues, I’ve not yet notified them about these things. 

I only have "dsf" DSD files and all appear normally. I do have one "dff" but it does not sit within my music folder. One thing I've read about is tagine making an issue. Try retagging a file and remove all data except title. See if that helps.

Hi Foxman50 - Sorry about that :)  I know what you mean.  I absolutely will not audition the W20 in my system.  I'm using a Nordost USB cable to a DCS Vivaldi DAC.  I lived quite happily with that N100H for some time, though - It's a really nice sounding streamer/server.

27 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Question:

Is anyone here using a NAS to stream music to the Aurender for playback? 

I have an N100H and I recently purchased a Synology 916+ NAS. 

My music collection is pretty large (around 25TB’s and growing), so I can only fit a portion of it on the Aurender’s internal HD. 

1. What is the best method to play music on the NAS via the Aurender? 

2. What is the sound quality like vs. music stored locally on internal HDD?

3. If I add the NAS to Aurender/ Conductor App, will this create duplicates for the music I have stored in the internal HDD that is also on the NAS?  The Synology has my entire music collection, so that includes the music I have in the Aurender’s internal HDD. 

4. Any tips and tweaks that could improve NAS to Aurender playback SQ (i:e. Powering NAS via an LPSU and or using Ethernet LAN Isolators on NAS connection from Router, etc.)? 

Thanks !  

25TH that's some music collection. I run solely from NAS.

1.you need the AMM software which you can download from Aurender website. This scans your NAS and populates Aurender database. Job done.

2. I cannot hear any difference as it's all played from internal SSD.

3.yes it will create duplicates so you'll need to delete from Aurender HDD.

4.not tried LPS. Ethernet cables have have not made any difference as far as I can hear.

Hope that helps

18 minutes ago, BrianLS said:

Hi Foxman50 - Sorry about that :)  I know what you mean.  I absolutely will not audition the W20 in my system.  I'm using a Nordost USB cable to a DCS Vivaldi DAC.  I lived quite happily with that N100H for some time, though - It's a really nice sounding streamer/server.

Thanks Brian. Sounds like you have a nice system there, if you pardon the pun.

17 minutes ago, Foxman50 said:

I only have "dsf" DSD files and all appear normally. I do have one "dff" but it does not sit within my music folder. One thing I've read about is tagine making an issue. Try retagging a file and remove all data except title. See if that helps.

I have a ton of DSF albums in DSD 64 and all appear fine. 

Its only the DSD 128, DXD, and .DFF albums that don’t appear. (All tagged the same methodology). 

I will say that in regards to Wikipedia issue, I’ve noticed that it definitely does not work with any album that I have custom tagging for the album title,so that may be the issue? 

I have a ton of albums where I have a CD rip, an HDTracks 24-192, a JAPAN SHM-SACD rip (DSD), a Vinyl to 24-96 rip, and a USA MFSL SACD Rip, etc.

So I usually notate the version of the album in parentheses in both the folder and the meta tagging. 

Example:

“The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers - (2010 Japan SHM-SACD) - [DSD] “

10 minutes ago, Foxman50 said:

25TH that's some music collection. I run solely from NAS.

1.you need the AMM software which you can download from Aurender website. This scans your NAS and populates Aurender database. Job done.

2. I cannot hear any difference as it's all played from internal SSD.

3.yes it will create duplicates so you'll need to delete from Aurender HDD.

4.not tried LPS. Ethernet cables have have not made any difference as far as I can hear.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info! 

I did fear the duplicates! Such a pain! 

I don’t want to delete anything from the internal HDD, I definitely suspect that the SQ must be better playin from onboard HDD vs NAS since it’s eliminating a bunch of external factors the NAS introduces to the playback chain. 

I do however want to be able to play music that I can’t fit on the internal HDD without having to constantly swap albums in and out of the internal HDD. 

I know a lot of the Sonore uRendu users have discovered an increase in sound quality using an LPSU and also using Ethernet LAN Isolators or fiber links and also using Audioquest type higher end Ethernet cables. I suspect similar tweaks would help SQ with Aurender too, but obviously have not tried yet :$ 

47 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I have a ton of DSF albums in DSD 64 and all appear fine. 

Its only the DSD 128, DXD, and .DFF albums that don’t appear. (All tagged the same methodology). 

I will say that in regards to Wikipedia issue, I’ve noticed that it definitely does not work with any album that I have custom tagging for the album title,so that may be the issue? 

I have a ton of albums where I have a CD rip, an HDTracks 24-192, a JAPAN SHM-SACD rip (DSD), a Vinyl to 24-96 rip, and a USA MFSL SACD Rip, etc.

So I usually notate the version of the album in parentheses in both the folder and the meta tagging. 

Example:

“The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers - (2010 Japan SHM-SACD) - [DSD] “

No issues with DSF at 64 or 128. May have a play with my sole DFF and see if there is anything too it. Do not use wiki so cannot comment.

37 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I don’t want to delete anything from the internal HDD, I definitely suspect that the SQ must be better playin from onboard HDD vs NAS since it’s eliminating a bunch of external factors the NAS introduces to the playback chain.

As far as I understand it the Aurender loads albums onto its internal SSD whether from internal HDD or NAS, therefore in theory there should be no difference. But as always only way to know is try it.