IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

If it is standby, you can also "wake it up" by selecting a music selection on the iPad. I usually put my Aurender in standby mode manually and it "wakes up" when I select some music to play.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Hi all,

AMM for PC is not showing on the Download page; can anyone confirm when it will be released? It has been delayed a few times now and was last due on April 15, IIRC.

It is not a critical issue though - it is still possible to folder browse.

Cheers.

I have been asking and hope that Harry Lee of Aurender will have an update when he is here for the AXPONA show in Chicago next weekend.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Another quick question: Does anyone know the transceiver output impedance of the N100? If I understand correctly, the USB 2.0 spec states a range between 28 to 44 Ohm.

Despite thinking that my issues with the N100 and my DAC had been resolved by using a different USB cable, it appears this is not the case; the issue persists. I suspect some impedance mismatching between the two units. I am curious about the N100, in part because the power-line current (0.2A) is much lower than what is usually seen (0.5V is the norm). The current should not be an issue because my DAC does not source its power from the N100, but it does beg the question as to what else might be "atypical". If the N100 is not compliant with the spec, I will need to know the output impedance so that I can seek out cable candidates that are likely to work.

I suspect Eric is very busy with other users/ issues at the moment as I have not heard from him for about a week after last providing details to him. It must be challenging to keep across every issue and admittedly, it seems that my particular issue is rare. That said, despite trying avoid any drastic action, if the issue is not resolved soon I will have to send the N100 back to the retailer.

Cheers.

91derlust, has your dealer been involved? If not I suggest that he should be the one researching this for you and working with Aurender to find a solution. Email him what you just posted. That said, yes, Aurender has been very busy lately, ranging from working on AMM for Windows to getting the last things worked out with the N10 for pricing and production. The integration of Tidal streaming was a significant project which took a lot of time -- it is paying off, though.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Hi again Brian. Yes, my dealer and I have been in touch - he provided a different cable to try; I have also just sent sent details of what I have done to diagnose the issue further.

I have broken my commitment to not post further until some progress had been made; I guess I am starting to think that I need to resolve the issue, yesterday! I do not like to tinker with audio systems - I just like them to work - which is why I chose Aurender in the first place. I also understand that sometimes unexpected things happen and that people are doing what they can to help out.

I will take your advice and see what my dealer can sort out for me. Honestly, I am at the point where if this can't be resolved, I would happily pay the difference in price and take a N10 and use its SPDIF or AES/EBU into my DAC. Solved.

Thanks again Brian.

Hi George. That is a sound idea, but I'd like to avoid using USB at all. The recent issues have undermined my confidence in its USB compatibility with other devices. My dealer, who might be understanding, does not carry any converters I would want to use and I am not confident that if I purchased from somewhere else I would not end up having thrown considerable sums of $ at the problem only to end up in exactly the same situation.

So, I will wait and see what my dealer suggests as a next move.

Regards,

Hi all,

I own my Aurender X100 for almost a year now and I still haven't figured out how to organise favourites by using the Aurender app. Unfortunately the user manual isn't really helpful and my orginal plan to ask Aurender reps at Munich High-End was frustrated by female jumping the gun activities for a pinpointing short notice weekend trip to Italy :(. High-End actually starts on a German public holiday and gives the opportunity for an extended weekend .. too bad.

Once you press the star buttom in the Aurender app, you usually expect to find those favourite albums and songs you have marked with stars

fav1.jpg

But once I mark an album with stars

fav2.jpg

It will not be displayed when I filter for favourites, even when I initiate a CleanScan of library or if I rebuild title database ... favourites are still empty

fav3.jpg

Even the star indication that was previously marked is reset once I reload the album

fav4.jpg

Any ideas ?

Tom

Hi George. That is a sound idea, but I'd like to avoid using USB at all. The recent issues have undermined my confidence in its USB compatibility with other devices. My dealer, who might be understanding, does not carry any converters I would want to use and I am not confident that if I purchased from somewhere else I would not end up having thrown considerable sums of $ at the problem only to end up in exactly the same situation.

So, I will wait and see what my dealer suggests as a next move.

Regards,

just for info,I'm have an X100 playing very happily with an Audiophilleo 1.

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

Hi all,

I own my Aurender X100 for almost a year now and I still haven't figured out how to organise favourites by using the Aurender app. Unfortunately the user manual isn't really helpful and my orginal plan to ask Aurender reps at Munich High-End was frustrated by female jumping the gun activities for a pinpointing short notice weekend trip to Italy :(. High-End actually starts on a German public holiday and gives the opportunity for an extended weekend .. too bad.

Once you press the star buttom in the Aurender app, you usually expect to find those favourite albums and songs you have marked with stars

It will not be displayed when I filter for favourites, even when I initiate a CleanScan of library or if I rebuild title database ... favourites are still empty

Even the star indication that was previously marked is reset once I reload the album

Any ideas ?

Tom

I've not had this problem, though I have noticed it takes a while after tagging something before its visible via the filter.

What do you mean by "reload the album"; are you re transferring the file to the Aurender ? in which case it's not surprising the corresponding metadata is overwritten.....

the other thing you might look at, if you press and hold the favorites button there is a drop down that allows you to change the range, ie you can configure the button to be from 2 stars to 4 stars... is this related ?

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

Hi all,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18178[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18179[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18180[/ATTACH]

Any ideas ?

Tom

Since reading your post I have rated a few albums. They are all displayed when I depress the "Star" button AND none of the other buttons (if the album doesn't fall in these categories) "DSD" or "16/24" buttons are also depressed. In other words, if the album is a 16/41 file it will show as long as the "DSD" and "16/24" buttons aren't depressed. This also applies to the number of days for displaying new albums button.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Since reading your post I have rated a few albums. They are all displayed when I depress the "Star" button AND none of the other buttons (if the album doesn't fall in these categories) "DSD" or "16/24" buttons are also depressed. In other words, if the album is a 16/41 file it will show as long as the "DSD" and "16/24" buttons aren't depressed. This also applies to the number of days for displaying new albums button.

Thanks for your advice, too bad it doesn't work for me.

what is your favourites filter set to ?

what is the low star limit ?

what is the high star limit ?

No matter how I adjust the low or high no album will be displayed as favourite. If I set the high limit to no star then all albums are listed as favourites when I press the star button.

Contact Aurender or perhaps your dealer. They will probably want screen shots of the app. Usually they are good at getting things fixed.