IGNORED

UAMP Thin Personal Amplifier on Kickstarter

This should be pretty good. I know Bart, he's the son of a good friend and I suspect I should take some of the blame for getting him addicted to quality hi-fi.

Greg

Hi guys,

Thought you might wanna see this. I've just come across an interesting Kickstarter project for a really small personal amplifier called the UAMP on Kickstarter. Apparently works with most devices (phones/tablets/DAPs/laptops) and is said to make them sound a lot better

> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1746450443/uamp-soul-shaking-audio-for-your-ears/posts

It would be nice to know a little more about the technology that the device is based on. Towards the end of the video (where you can see his prototype breadboard) he mentions a tiny computer, curious what that is for - to manage the output of an audio gain amplifier?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

• 2 weeks later...
This should be pretty good. I know Bart, he's the son of a good friend and I suspect I should take some of the blame for getting him addicted to quality hi-fi.

Greg

I see...well they seem to be doing pretty well. They've now raised almost $130K so far on the campaign and it's still climbing...