IGNORED

B&W P5 Series 2 On-ear Stereo Headphone review

I bought the P5 Series 2 at the Apple Store - it was one of the safest buys I've made, since the B&W quality and decent sound are always a safe bet, even at the premium price. It might not actually sound as good as the original P5 (don't know), but I haven't had the original for more than a year now, so I can't compare them directly. I can say that this P5 looks and feels great, fits well, is secure on my head, is comfortable, sounds OK, and I'm not disappointed.

B&W P5 Series 2 On-ear Stereo Headphone review

Do you know if they have improved the cable inside the headband (between left and right headphones) which appeared to be a weak point in the original P5s.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Do you know if they have improved the cable inside the headband (between left and right headphones) which appeared to be a weak point in the original P5s.

Hard to say without the original here, but it's fabric-covered and seems fairly strong. BTW, we broke both original cables on the original P5, indoor use only, and at the earcup of course. We got quick replacements from B&W.