IGNORED

Computer Audiophile website (not app) not working on Android

For the past several weeks (months?) I've been unable to access the Computer Audiophile website on my Samsung Android phone (Note 3) or tablet (NotePro). If I go there from my browser (Chrome) I just get a blank screen. The app works fine. Anyone else having this problem? Any fix? I haven't see this with any other site. Thanks in advance for your help.

I actually don't even want to the "mobile friendly" verison of the site. One of the reason I invested in a large screen phone (Samsung Note 3) before Apple made it cool was so I could access "full versions" of websites on the go vs. the limited mobile versions. That said, I get absolutely nothing on Android on any platform - phone or tablet! Maybe CA wasn't aware of it before. But they are now!

Actually there was a thread about this in the last month. Someone told a fix. I had the same issue with a Galaxy 3, and still do. The fix suggested didn't work. Wasn't Chris' fix it was someone else. I just got the CA app from the Play store. Actually is better anyway. Should have gotten it sooner. It also seems to work very well while requiring less bandwidth than a browser. So that is good when your signal is marginal.

A workaround that did work was to have your browser go to computeraudiophile.com/forum Doesn't get you the main page, but will get you the forums. Thanks to Eloise for this suggestion (audio_elf_)

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

on my android phone I can request desktop site, and it loads just fine.

Ahhh! Very good! Just tried that and you're right!!! Didn't know you could request desktop site from options (even with a blank screen). Well, we now have a short-term fix until the good people at CA can fit it for good! Thanks AudioMD!

• 1 month later...