IGNORED

XLD error message

LEReid

I've been happily using XLD for a couple of years. Starting a few days ago, it gives the message "error has occurred in the encoder" for every track I try, whether from a CD, or a file of another format. Luckily I'd just finished virtually all of my CDs...but not quite all. I'm usually resourceful enough with the google for problem-solving, but I don't see anything out there that's useful, or any kind of xld users forum. Anyone else having problems?

- Lynette

----

Mac Mini with iTunes and Pure Music > Audiophilleo2 > Audiolab 8200CDQ pre-amp/CD player/DAC > Kimber PBJ interconnects [> Grant Fidelity B283 mkii Tube Processor > mystery hand-me-down interconnects >] Audiolab 8200P power amp > Grant Fidelity SPC-2.5 Performance speaker cables > Opera Consonance Eric Grand speakers

Nope. (Ripping to the same drive before and after it stopped working.)

- Lynette

----

Mac Mini with iTunes and Pure Music > Audiophilleo2 > Audiolab 8200CDQ pre-amp/CD player/DAC > Kimber PBJ interconnects [> Grant Fidelity B283 mkii Tube Processor > mystery hand-me-down interconnects >] Audiolab 8200P power amp > Grant Fidelity SPC-2.5 Performance speaker cables > Opera Consonance Eric Grand speakers

Nope. (Ripping to the same drive before and after it stopped working.)

OK. Well, for giggles open the preferences and just reselect the same drive (where the files are going) and try it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Thanks for helping! I had selected another drive and then selected the first drive again. Then I zapped the program and re-downloaded, and it was still giving the error message. Then I forgot about it for three days and tried again, and now it works.

- Lynette

----

• 1 year later...

I've also been using XLD for years, and recently I am frequently getting an "error has occurred in decoder" message. I would have thought this was due to corrupt files, but now I'm on my 3rd set of FLAC files (originally live recordings) which have some "error" FLAC files when converting to MP3 V0 with LAME. XLD apparently has no log. I tried to convert to WAV with xACT, but also get errors on the same files.

I tried reselecting output directory as suggested here with no effect (source FLAC and output on different volumes). I tried copying the FLAC files to the same volume as intended output, no result.

It seems like a big coincidence that suddenly I'm getting lots of "corrupt" FLAC files. Is there a problem with XLD and OS X El Capitan? Or is there a way to fix these FLAC files with another tool?

I'm not claiming it wlll repair the files, but I sometimes use Media Human Audio Converter as an alternative to XLD, and it's freeware. Try it.

Thanks, that did convert the same .flac files fine. But it's not clear to me what encoder it is using. It places in the comments:

Lavf57.25.100

I specifically want lame with -V0 settings.

I tried Max (last updated 2009) and it still works to my surprise.