IGNORED

Qobuz Desktop App vs Kodi/XBMC Qobuz plugin vs LMS Qobuz plugin

alubis

I installed Qobuz desktop app, Kodi/XBMC with Qobuz plugin, and LMS (Logitech Media Server) with Qobuz plugin on my macbook pro. Comparing these three methods for streaming Qobuz, I find the Kodi/XBMC with its Qobuz plugin gives the best sound quality out of the three. Just wondering whether anyone share the same experience on these three methods.

I installed Qobuz desktop app, Kodi/XBMC with Qobuz plugin, and LMS (Logitech Media Server) with Qobuz plugin on my macbook pro. Comparing these three methods for streaming Qobuz, I find the Kodi/XBMC with its Qobuz plugin gives the best sound quality out of the three. Just wondering whether anyone share the same experience on these three methods.

I found most anything with music in Kodi mediocre, Qobuz desktop sounds fine and so does squeezelite playing Qobuz on MBP (late 2013). I would like to have better music sound in Kodi so would be interested in hearing if you have any special setup.

Geoffrey Armstrong wrote an excellent piece for improving Qobuz on his blog here: Lossless Streaming Services - Blogs - Computer Audiophile.

I don't have any special setup like looping method Geoff described on his blog. But using my macbook pro, to my ears, I prefer the Qobuz streaming sound quality through Qobuz plugin (Kodi) compare to official Qobuz desktop app and Qobuz plugin (LMS).