IGNORED

UpTone/Swenson USB>Ethernet Audio Bridge

Hi Guys:

Wow, lots of misunderstanding and conjecture going on here.  I won't wade too far into it as I don't have the time.  And I'll let all these posts of the last 12 hours sit for a few days but might come back and sweep them away.

As far as what we were calling the "UpTone/Swenson USB>Ethernet Audio Bride OEM Solution" (a mouthful that would eventually get some catchy marketing name), that project has been on indefinite hold for sometime.

There are various reasons, but I won't state them here.

But to be clear, the product was never going to have USB output.  The DAC-end board would be strictly Ethernet>I2S for use an installation inside a DAC.  Hence the "OEM Solution" portion of its name.

I'm not going to repeat what I have said dozens of times before about not being opposed to other Ethernet renderer modules (Covelez Bach, maybe something from Merging eventually, Audinate Dante if they update them, etc.).  But I won't get excited about them or expect to see them in use by mainsteam hi-fi audio companies until open or reasonable licensing of simple, supported, and transparent virtual sound card software (VSC) is offered.

--Alex C.