IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

Hi Alex,

I'm hoping to receive my JS-2 and MMK in the next few days! Unfortunately it now looks like I won't be able to pick them up from my HK office till the month... Bugger!

In any case, please put me down for one of these too! Maybe it'll arrive in HK before the end of the month and pick up all the goodies at the same time!!!

Art

Artifex

Searching for Good Sounds in China!

Hi Alex,

I'm hoping to receive my JS-2 and MMK in the next few days! Unfortunately it now looks like I won't be able to pick them up from my HK office till the month... Bugger!

In any case, please put me down for one of these too! Maybe it'll arrive in HK before the end of the month and pick up all the goodies at the same time!!!

Art

Sorry to hear that Art. As you know, it shipped on Monday and FedEx still has delivery set for Thursday.

As for the Regen, late March is when I am expecting to begin shipments to clients.

Best,

ALEX

As for the Regen, late March is when I am expecting to begin shipments to clients.

Best,

ALEX

So when do you want real orders, and would it help that cash flow to have payment with orders (asssuming we know what it costs)?

Best

Bob

So when do you want real orders, and would it help that cash flow to have payment with orders (asssuming we know what it costs)?

Hi Bob. Since I keep an e-mail list--not used in months since my last 'newsletter', and now it is a very large list--I will send everyone an announcement when we are ready to take orders and payments.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a major ethical aversion to taking peoples' money prior to product production.

Even with the JS-2 LPS I avoid collecting funds more than a week or so in advance--and that I do only so I can reserve spots, assign serial numbers, configure mains voltage, and quote shipping costs.

Call me an anomaly in high-end audio. :)

Yes, that is odd. They work for me, but I was puzzled that they did not show up as pic, just Attachment link names. Let me try again here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16857[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16858[/ATTACH]

For me Jeff's work on the Stratos (and the prototype 300 and DAC) were some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Pictures just don't do them justice, they have to be experienced in person.

John S.

For me Jeff's work on the Stratos (and the prototype 300 and DAC) were some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Pictures just don't do them justice, they have to be experienced in person.

John S.

Hopefully the Regen will perform as good as they look then.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Yes, hidden in the back. Maybe I am still undecided. My only issue with black end caps is that then the silk screening has to be white or silver. I am sure that is not a problem for my vendor.

All silver or all black? Kind of boring. It's just like that with cars. All the companies offer the same range nondescript colors.

Jason, I may have a surprise for you early next week. And if it works out, you get a bonus! ;) Seriously.

Superdad please add me to your email notification list to buy a regen. I didn't get a response to my private message dated 1/30, so I'm not sure whether you prefer people to just communicate with you right here on the forum. Thanks.

I wonder if you could clarify what people are calling a 'cradle' for the regen device. A picture or diagram would help.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hi Bob. Since I keep an e-mail list--not used in months since my last 'newsletter', and now it is a very large list--I will send everyone an announcement when we are ready to take orders and payments.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a major ethical aversion to taking peoples' money prior to product production.

Even with the JS-2 LPS I avoid collecting funds more than a week or so in advance--and that I do only so I can reserve spots, assign serial numbers, configure mains voltage, and quote shipping costs.

Call me an anomaly in high-end audio. :)

Hello Alex,

You can add me in your list.

I'm really interested.

Pol

CloneAudio LPSU for QnapHS-251 fanless - UpTone JS2 for MacMini i7 (SD card only-CAD scripts-MMK fan kit-no disc inside- Audirvana2)- JS2 for REGEN - BelCantoRefLink-TotalDacD1tube(Mullard ECC82 NOS) //Halgorythme single end 300b EML //DiY Open Baffle & Leedh Elfe

Whee was the last time you did something for the first time?

I wonder if you could clarify what people are calling a 'cradle' for the regen device. A picture or diagram would help.

The regen will be plugged (through an adapter) directly into the USB jack of the DAC. If you have somewhat heavy cables plugged into it (USB or power) it can put a fair amount of strain on that USB jack on your DAC. The "cradle" is just something to support the regen box so not all the force has to be handled by the DAC's USB jack. It can be as simple as a block of wood, a piece of foam etc. All the way up to a precision machined block of aluminum with a curve that matches the regen enclosure. The height of the cradle is going to be different for everybody, so they will have to be custom built for each person. (UpTone Audio will NOT be selling cradles!)

John S.

The regen will be plugged (through an adapter) directly into the USB jack of the DAC. If you have somewhat heavy cables plugged into it (USB or power) it can put a fair amount of strain on that USB jack on your DAC. The "cradle" is just something to support the regen box so not all the force has to be handled by the DAC's USB jack. It can be as simple as a block of wood, a piece of foam etc. All the way up to a precision machined block of aluminum with a curve that matches the regen enclosure. The height of the cradle is going to be different for everybody, so they will have to be custom built for each person. (UpTone Audio will NOT be selling cradles!)

John S.

What about an adjustable one with that cool blue-lit look that Jeff Tonkin favors? ;) (Not serious, just being a little devilish. :) )

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi everyone:

I REALLY love all the interest, enthusiasm, and anticipation for the our USB Regen, but some days I almost regret pre-annoucing it just because keeping up with the e-mails and questions can keep me busy all day! :) So thank you for that!

So let me say a couple of things about the "notification list": If you have ever bought anything from us (a JS-2 or MMK), or if you have ever received an e-mail from me (either personalized or one of my "newsletters"), then you are already on the mailing list. Once we have boards and cases in hand, you will ALL receive a e-mail to your private address with a photo of everything that will be in the package, along with price and shipping cost.

So those of you for whom I already have an e-mail address, posts or messages to me expressing interest or wanting to reserve one are at the present time not necessary (this is not a crowd-fleecing, er, funding campaign).

However, if you have never sent a message or received any product or message from me, then please message me on CA and include your private e-mail address (I promise never to sell or reveal it anywhere, and my "newsletters" are very sporadic so you won't get a bunch of them).

You are also welcome to send a mailing list request directly to my [email protected] e-mail address (one would think I would have set up an @uptoneaudio.com address by not, and although I own that domain name, I'll have to wait until I finally set up a web site--promised my wife that would be by the end of March.)

Okay, back to the Regen itself:

With regards to the output connection to one's DAC or other device, it is likely that I will include both a solid male/male A/B USB adapter, AND a 6" A/B USB cable. Like these:

Adapter.png

Cable.png

Hang tight gentlemen. It won't be too long.

Thanks and regards,

ALEX

John S.

I would like the solid model of the enclosure so I can 3D print a cradle though. Can you supply that?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Check your private e-mail address Jason. USB 'A' output jack will be exactly in the center of the end panel (both axis).

Got it thanks.

Hey, didnt you say you were NOT an EE?

Hehehehe

Correct.