IGNORED

DFF to DSF (Native) Conversation on Windows

corehun

Did you follow the PDF guide?

No item was added to the 'Send to' context submenu of a DFF file?

If not, try to add one line containing only

pause

to the end to the AddContextMenuItem.bat file and run it again. Then copy the bat file output here, or make a screenshot.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
Did you follow the PDF guide?

No item was added to the 'Send to' context submenu of a DFF file?

If not, try to add one line containing only

pause

to the end to the AddContextMenuItem.bat file and run it again. Then copy the bat file output here, or make a screenshot.

After couple of crashes, I just saw the submenu. When I hit it, it asked for the "dff2dsf_multi.bat" file, I browsed it but nothing happens... Pdf says two bat files should be created but I have just one called "dff2dsf_multi.bat".

corehun,

1. Download last version dff2dsf from Signalyst site

2. Run via command line "c:/.../dff2dsf.exe" "%inputfile-dff-full-path%""%outputfile-dsf-full-path%"

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

After couple of crashes, I just saw the submenu. When I hit it, it asked for the "dff2dsf_multi.bat" file, I browsed it but nothing happens... Pdf says two bat files should be created but I have just one called "dff2dsf_multi.bat".

I'm not sure you followed the installation instructions. Please give here screenshot of your installation folder.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
I'm not sure you followed the installation instructions. Please give here screenshot of your installation folder.

I will, but like what?

I extracted the zip to a folder and put dfftodsf exe in it, then strated the bat file. Bat file kept crashing. Then extracted the zip to the dff album folder and put dfftodsf exe in it. That time bat file worked but just one bat file was created instead of two. Dff to dsd sub menu was created but when I tried to press it it asker for the "dfftodsf_multi.bat" file, I browsed it and nothing happened.

Was I wrong?

From your description I don't know what is specific on your computer or what you are doing otherwise than others. I don't know what does it mean "kept crashing", because you didn't provide any specific information. What is difference between "kept crashing" and "That time bat file worked"? How did you observe that difference? If you want anyone to help you, you have to provide as much concrete information as you can.

Needs to be done file by file right? Like this?

"c:/.../dff2dsf.exe" "c:/music/dffalbum1/track.dff""c:/music/dffalbum1/track.dsf"

Yes. Possible create script (text file *.cmd), edit and run it.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

From your description I don't know what is specific on your computer or what you are doing otherwise than others. I don't know what does it mean "kept crashing", because you didn't provide any specific information. What is difference between "kept crashing" and "That time bat file worked"? How did you observe that difference? If you want anyone to help you, you have to provide as much concrete information as you can.

If I place the bat files to a seperate folder, and then I try to start "AddContextMenuItem.bat" ms-dos screen opens/closes and this never ends until I restart the computer. Nothing happens to the sub menu.

It I place the bat files to the albums folder, "AddContextMenuItem.bat" works and dff to dsf command appears. When I try to start it it I am asked for the "dfftodsf_multi.bat" file, I browse it and nothing happens.

Is that clear?

corehun, you may be facing the same issue as bibo01 here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/dff-dsf-conversion-21715/index5.html#post369639

Try to follow my suggestion, which worked for bibo01 and let me know.

About the issue:

It seems the script is unable to obtain administrative privileges to modify registry entries under the account you are using. The shortened bat script (my suggestion to bibo01) does not require administrative privileges.

I tested the context menu interface on fresh installations of Win8.1 and Win7, but always under account, which belongs to group Local Administrators.

corehun, you may be facing the same issue as bibo01 here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/dff-dsf-conversion-21715/index5.html#post369639

Try to follow my suggestion, which worked for bibo01 and let me know.

About the issue:

It seems the script is unable to obtain administrative privileges to modify registry entries under the account you are using. The shortened bat script (my suggestion to bibo01) does not require administrative privileges.

I tested the context menu interface on fresh installations of Win8.1 and Win7, but always under account, which belongs to group Local Administrators.

I will, thanks for your help...