IGNORED

Excellent new item found

I found this little gem while scanning looking for new Diamonds in the rough

this digital interface truly works and from what I am told the digital transformer to isolate digital noise and components are first rate it is not only a clearer performance but also bettter inner detail and resolution my downloaded music goes through this to my dac RCA and it is made in the U.S.A for under $200 I find better than a 10% better overall performance

and as a audio engineer for some 40 years he has one other thing for decent computer based speakers that is a guarantee I am told- Patent pending .I am still waiting for this release but for the moment check this out tell him PJ offered his recommendation .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Audio-Iso-Interface-in-line-w-SP-DIFpreamp-DAC_W0QQitemZ320403090144QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a99832ae0&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Chris ... do you have a snake-oil section on the CASH list?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

That's what I love about this site - every now and again an absolute gem pops up that changes your life!

I'd no idea that the low frequency pulse generator was supposed to be used on the whole house - I only had mine doing the listening room! I've just switched it to the 'whole house' setting and - WOW! - the difference is night and day! (It's now daylight outside and pitch black inside - fan-bloody-tastic!)

Thank you James!.........I'm so happy, I'm so happy.............

OK, dallas21, the first thing that pops into my head is how do you find a "better than a 10% overall performance" in this device or any device for that matter? Our hearing (or our brains to be exact) is not really designed to breakdown and analyze finite sound intervals as an absolute. Perhaps your audio engineering experience allows you to hear differences in loudness and intensity more astutely than some but assigning a perceived value to that difference? It's "easier" to perceive more detail, bloom, greater bass extension, etc., but not on a numerical scale.

Sources: iPad Air 3, iPhone 8+, Asus Chromebook C201-PA

DAC/AMP: Hidisz S8, Astell & Kern XB10 Bluetooth module

IEM's: Fiio FA1, Hidisz Seeds, Fiio FH1S, Shouer H27, BGVP KC2, KZ ZS10 Pro's, (and several lesser iem's and earbuds)

Accesories: Various MMCX and 2-pin cables.

-----------------------------------------

Professional pianist, composer - master improvisationist.

Another product that claims super magical performance with no logic/explanation to back it up.

I wonder if they will release internal pics of that black box. If it will have a quality reclocker with a big buffer, I'll be surprised. :)

This box provides filtered galvanic isolation to coax SPDIF. There's a bit to read around the net about audio improvements a properly applied, inexpensive digital galvanic isolation transformer (GIT) on coax SPDIF can produce. It provides electrical isolation similar to TOSLINK without the optical conversions. Positive subjective testimonies from modders validates the idea even if it's just because it's an easy and inexpensive mod (less than $10 USD). If there are no limits to higher resolution digital and the pass-through is similar to normal coax SPDIF, it seems very likely there is some benefit to the application.

The improvements they describe are very similar to the improvements of reducing jitter. Better focus, stereo projection, etc. I interpret that to mean there is electrical garbage beside the digital signal that normally passes in coax SPDIF that causes jitter in the SPDIF circuit in some DACs. Makes sense that when given a choice, some people prefer TOSLINK to coax SPDIF.

The product in this thread is rated for 24/192 and home theater. It's very possible it will make a difference in some systems. A difference may be more apparent in higher resolving systems. It comes with a 2 week trial/return.

I intend to install a Newava S22160 GIT in my Valab DAC. It's a very simple, cheap mod.

EDIT: The manufacturer of the ModMaxx product told me they use a GIT made by Scientific Conversion Inc in California. They are very proud of their digital transformers. Modmaxx uses very high quality components throughout the device.

- Rand