IGNORED

New Wilson Audiophile DSD Release: Center Stage

A new DSD release out today from Wilson Audiophile Recordings: Center Stage. It includes Film, Movie & Broadway selections from The Olympics, The Cowboys, Oklahoma!, Barnum, Mary Poppins and West Side Story. Performed by the National Symphonic Winds directed by Lowell Graham.

Not available on SACD but now on the market as a Stereo DSD Download at Native DSD. Native is throwing in a 10% discount through Dec 5th on the download.

Center Stage - Wilson8824 - 400w.jpg

https://wilsonaudio.nativedsd.com/albums/center-stage

Brian, it is a great album. The vinyl (and its companion Winds of War and Peace) were long time residents of the TAS Superdisc list. They are quite scarce and very pricey on the used market. So the DSD should be very fine and comparable or cheaper than the original price of the vinyl IIRC.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

• 3 years later...

I bought Wilson Audiophile's 2.8MHz DSD download of Center Stage from Native DSD in 2014. Now, it has been released on SACD by Analogue Productions and I'm debating on whither to get the SACD version also. The SACD version was mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. 

So my question is, has anyone compared the DSD download with the newer SACD version? If you have which sounds better to you? I don't want to buy the SACD version unless it is sonically superior.

Thanks in advance. ?

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

blue2 that 10% discount in the OP expired Dec 5th, 2014, almost four years ago.

I was just curious if anyone has compared to older Wilson Audiophile 2.8MHz DSD download to the newer remastered Analogue Productions SACD version.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa