IGNORED

MATRIX X-SABRE versus YULONG SABRE D18

I search for advice in order to choose between those two ESS9018 based DACs (or indeed smth in same price range). Issue is that the final choice has to feed ML electrostatic speakers (via Primaluna Prologue One) and I like large sound-stage with good transparency (vocal + classical). Source will be mostly High resolution files (LINN etc) and later DSD/DSF files, currently system is mainly fed by Marantz KI SACD. Planning to use JRiver MC on Passive Ivy Minis SSD and link it to DAC via Belknin Gold Series Hi-Speed USB, and maybe add even iPurifier between (not sure if it is needed)....any weak points here?

Thank you in advance

I search for advice in order to choose between those two ESS9018 based DACs (or indeed smth in same price range). Issue is that the final choice has to feed ML electrostatic speakers (via Primaluna Prologue One) and I like large sound-stage with good transparency (vocal + classical). Source will be mostly High resolution files (LINN etc) and later DSD/DSF files, currently system is mainly fed by Marantz KI SACD. Planning to use JRiver MC on Passive Ivy Minis SSD and link it to DAC via Belknin Gold Series Hi-Speed USB, and maybe add even iPurifier between (not sure if it is needed)....any weak points here?

Thank you in advance

I haven't heard the Yulong, but I've had the chance to audition the Matrix X-Sabre in my home for quite a while and I think it's an excellent DAC and an exceptional value. I upsample everything to DSD 128 and it really shined.

Have you read the in-depth reviews of these two DAC on the Head-Fi forum? The reviews are well worth your time.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I haven't heard the Yulong, but I've had the chance to audition the Matrix X-Sabre in my home for quite a while and I think it's an excellent DAC and an exceptional value. I upsample everything to DSD 128 and it really shined.

Have you read the in-depth reviews of these two DAC on the Head-Fi forum? The reviews are well worth your time.

I was asked in a private message if I prefer the Matrix X-Sabre to my Lampizator DSD DAC. I don't. The Lampizator, especially combined with the Audiophile Optimizer and connected directly to the power amp, sounds incredible and is in a different tier than the Matrix.

I do think the Matrix X-Sabre is a standout in its class though and deserves more attention. I preferred its sound to several more popular DACs that are more expensive than the Matrix.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i