IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

We're almost there... looks like we need 13 more commitments.

I'm hoping that this can be a success!

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

We're almost there... looks like we need 13 more commitments.

I'm hoping that this can be a success!

---Michael

I think there will be very many people who will buy this (at current price) when it is available for immediate delivery and good feedback is out there as I am sure it will be. Very many people just won't pay up in advance and most importantly want to rip immediately so they take a chance on an old ps3 with a dodgy warranty. We live in a 'must have it yesterday' world. I shamefully confess to being one of these people. I am in a bad warranty situation at the moment, if it is not resolved happily, though I still hope it will be but more doubtful by the day, I will have to buy another... but the catch 22 is that I need it now.

I suggest Mr Wicked you go ahead now, with only 13 to go you will certainly sell many more when feedback is out and I suggest a cast iron warranty. With risks of warranties for ps3 being worthless your version is a winner. Buy up all the drives you can now because when this is up and running with high demand the price of these drives will go up.

I suggest Mr Wicked you go ahead now, with only 13 to go you will certainly sell many more when feedback is out and I suggest a cast iron warranty. With risks of warranties for ps3 being worthless your version is a winner. Buy up all the drives you can now because when this is up and running with high demand the price of these drives will go up.

Last time I checked, there were only 3 more to go. So it sounds like this project is almost at the lift-off stage!

I have a working PS3 with sacd_extract installed and working on it. I signed up for one of these for 2 reasons:

1) This newer solution will be *WAY* easier to use going forward

2) I'm under no illusion that my PS3 will last forever....it's great to have a backup option.

This is a great thing....we'll hit 150 by tomorrow I'm sure ;)

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

I have a working PS3 with sacd_extract installed and working on it. I signed up for one of these for 2 reasons:

1) This newer solution will be *WAY* easier to use going forward

2) I'm under no illusion that my PS3 will last forever....it's great to have a backup option.

This is a great thing....we'll hit 150 by tomorrow I'm sure ;)

Today, 150 target reached, I just signed up ;)

"Buy up all the drives you can now because when this is up and running with high demand the price of these drives will go up."

So Mr W's intrepid band of 150-odd is going to effect the world mart on ps3s? Or, is the thinking that others are going to replicate this enterprise ...?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Been thinking about it and finally decided - yep.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanx Mr. Wicked,

Great plan. Please count me in, fair use only.

Those of you stating here on this thread that you are committed, please make sure you go to the google form site and formally commit. I know most have done that but unless you go there and register your CA name 1) you will not get a group buy drive; 2) you are not counted toward Mr Wickeds goal.

Looks like we are at 184 and counting.

Those of you stating here on this thread that you are committed, please make sure you go to the google form site and formally commit. I know most have done that but unless you go there and register your CA name 1) you will not get a group buy drive; 2) you are not counted toward Mr Wickeds goal.

Looks like we are at 184 and counting.

@Mr. Wicked: can e.g. the Swiss community decide on combined shipping later (= when you're ready to ship)?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

I understand, and no I will not start a Kickstarter project. I might not have made myself clear.. I will not be asking anyone for money in advance. You'll be paying once I'm ready to send you a box. The only thing I'm currently asking you for is shear commitment. How's that for a risk? When we've reached that magic 150 unit mark I will start the work, fund it myself, but before that I won't do anything. So I'm putting my trust in you guys, how's that for a change? I also didn't mention it could take a while before you get your unit as there is significant work involved, which simply takes development time.

Just in case I missed something, has there been any way to send money yet? Kickstarter or something?

-Paul

There's your answer, Paul.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Mr. Wicked, on the spreadsheet listing those who've signed up, you may want to change/delete the calculation at the top. It now shows negative 38 "more" to go.