IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

If one reads beyond the first couple of pages of the SACD ripping on a Pioneer or OPPO thread it will be seen that there is no need for scripts or Telnet,

one simply inserts a USB stick with the ripping code in the player and then runs ISO2DSD on a Mac/PC on the same network - that seems pretty much off-the-shelf to me ...

Exactly... thats it in a nutshell. Those in complaint mode need to just read the other thread, more than just a few posts.

I'll briefly summarize my set-up based on having read that entire thread:

Ordered Pioneer Elite BDP-80fd.

Prepared 8GB USB thumb drive with ripping code files.

Received BDP-80fd 2 days later via Amazon Prime.

Disabled Autoplay/resume and completed BDP-80fd set-up menus, noting IP address assigned by my router via Ethernet connection.

Power cycled unit, inserting USB thumb drive while powered down.

Upon power up, disc drawer opened automatically and I inserted an SACD, closed drawer and launched iso2dsd app (I already had this program as well as the Java Runtime Environment needed to make it work on my Mac).

Entered BDP-80's IP address, configured 1 other drop down menu, and started ripping away by hitting the Execute button.

Very off the shelf in my opinion too.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

• 4 weeks later...
Exactly... thats it in a nutshell. Those in complaint mode need to just read the other thread, more than just a few posts.

I'll briefly summarize my set-up based on having read that entire thread:

Ordered Pioneer Elite BDP-80fd.

Prepared 8GB USB thumb drive with ripping code files.

Received BDP-80fd 2 days later via Amazon Prime.

Disabled Autoplay/resume and completed BDP-80fd set-up menus, noting IP address assigned by my router via Ethernet connection.

Power cycled unit, inserting USB thumb drive while powered down.

Upon power up, disc drawer opened automatically and I inserted an SACD, closed drawer and launched iso2dsd app (I already had this program as well as the Java Runtime Environment needed to make it work on my Mac).

Entered BDP-80's IP address, configured 1 other drop down menu, and started ripping away by hitting the Execute button.

Very off the shelf in my opinion too.

Well darn. I thought if I followed this recipe I would get it working.

I did everything MikeyFresh describes.

But I get this error message when I invoke sacd_extract from my client:

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.136:2002 for reading

Any ideas to correct? The port was the default in iso2dsd -- trying to figure out exact port now.

Any help?

Thanks.

Well darn. I thought if I followed this recipe I would get it working.

I did everything MikeyFresh describes.

But I get this error message when I invoke sacd_extract from my client:

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.136:2002 for reading

Any ideas to correct? The port was the default in iso2dsd -- trying to figure out exact port now.

Any help?

Thanks.

I suspect the notation that is below is key to this problem:

All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.1.136 are closed

Anyone know how to open ports on aPioneer Elite BDP-80fd?

Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-08-31 00:54 Pacific Daylight Time

NSE: Loaded 118 scripts for scanning.

NSE: Script Pre-scanning.

Initiating ARP Ping Scan at 00:54

Scanning 192.168.1.136 [1 port]

Completed ARP Ping Scan at 00:54, 0.07s elapsed (1 total hosts)

Initiating Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 00:54

Completed Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 00:54, 0.02s elapsed

Initiating SYN Stealth Scan at 00:54

Scanning 192.168.1.136 [1000 ports]

Completed SYN Stealth Scan at 00:54, 1.12s elapsed (1000 total ports)

Initiating Service scan at 00:54

Initiating OS detection (try #1) against 192.168.1.136

Retrying OS detection (try #2) against 192.168.1.136

NSE: Script scanning 192.168.1.136.

Initiating NSE at 00:54

Completed NSE at 00:54, 0.00s elapsed

Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.136

Host is up (0.00022s latency).

All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.1.136 are closed

MAC Address: 74:5E:1C:8A:F7:DC (Pioneer)

Too many fingerprints match this host to give specific OS details

Network Distance: 1 hop

TRACEROUTE

HOP RTT ADDRESS

1 0.22 ms 192.168.1.136

NSE: Script Post-scanning.

Read data files from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap

OS and Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at http://nmap.org/submit/ .

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 4.83 seconds

Raw packets sent: 1014 (45.740KB) | Rcvd: 1013 (41.632KB)

If one reads beyond the first couple of pages of the SACD ripping on a Pioneer or OPPO thread it will be seen that there is no need for scripts or Telnet,

one simply inserts a USB stick with the ripping code in the player and then runs ISO2DSD on a Mac/PC on the same network - that seems pretty much off-the-shelf to me ...

Can someone please point me to the thread(s) where I can find the information on what goes on this USB stick etc. for an Oppo ?

I will be testing an SACD ripping LAN drive soon (within a few months). Stay tuned.

Thank you for the note ted!

While it is wonderful to see the new Oppo method (more options are alway good, and this seems better then using an old PS3), unfortunately I don't have access to an ethernet cable (local fios router is outside of the building with no cables running into the house!) Still hoping an external drive via USB might become available some day!

Your post gives me hope to keep waiting :)

While it is wonderful to see the new Oppo method (more options are alway good, and this seems better then using an old PS3), unfortunately I don't have access to an ethernet cable (local fios router is outside of the building with no cables running into the house!) Still hoping an external drive via USB might become available some day!

Buy an Ethernet Switch. Plug what is coming in from the router into the switch then connect other devices to the switch.

There are over 600 requests spreading over 2 years. Are you still able to fill orders with the limited availability of PS3 drives?

Howdy,

As some of you know I've made SACD ripping available through a PS3. The process of finding a PS3 with the correct software is cumbersome to say the least. Bare with me, there is another option..

The internal PS3 Blu-Ray player can actually be connected to a standard IDE port. With the proper software to go along the Blu-Ray drive can be authenticated to your PC and you'll be able to rip SACD's from your desktop computer directly. Yes, it really could be as simple as connecting the drive to a USB port and start the ripping process. Sounds great, so what's the catch? There is significant work involved..

1. First we need a stable connection from the blu-ray drive to a USB port. There is actually a device (3K3Y Ripp3r | Rip your games) which in theory is really all we need.. In reality it's too unstable and to low of build quality to be useful (I know as I've ordered several). My personal preferred option is to develop a PCB myself which has the proper connector to convert the PS3 blu-ray drive connector to IDE and put all of that in a box that does IDE <-> USB. Something like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15184[/ATTACH]

2. The software that does the ripping process needs to authenticate the drive using the SACD authentication mechanism. I've already build/modified the emulator and I've tested the emulator with the Sony SACD authentication module, it works! Great so what's left? I still need to integrate all of that into SACD-Extract and make the process user-friendly.

Still interested? You can help me out by ordering (crowd funding?) a drive from me! I will supply you with an enclosure that contains a refurbished PS3 blu-ray player and a USB connection. I did some calculations and I need sell at least 150 drives to make this project viable. The price for a single drive will be 220 euro / dollar (excluding shipping costs).

If you're interested you can sign-up here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-BJkmS1TRVT1h3f0mIAqKRbRFqW-oNg0x3FBXKGoGaQ/edit

And watch registrations here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bJ6zSurHE069vWRk2OUTYjR_uTB2Yt_6KAUJDJ0dJjc/edit?usp=sharing

Details (payment, the look of the thing, specific parts, etc..) will follow, I first need to know if there is interest from the community..

fyi. It's not illegal for me/you to buy/sell a PS3 drive that's connected to a PC. It's also not illegal to distribute a modified SACD-Extract as it will not contain the Sony code that does the authentication. The Sony code is a separate module that you'll need to download yourself. I'll make the whole process easy, I promise!

Please spread the link to this CA post as I will not crosspost to other forums..

Cheers!

There are over 600 requests spreading over 2 years. Are you still able to fill orders with the limited availability of PS3 drives?

At least as I understand it, we are not "ordering," nor is there any hard and fast promise this will occur within a particular time frame (or at all, really, since no one has paid anything). This is to gauge interest in the project.

You may be interested in this thread: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true-29251/

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Originally Dr. Wicked said he would go ahead with this project if 150 people "committed" to buying one. No money was actually sent to him, interested users just added names to a list promising to buy one if he succeeded and it came to market.

Dr. Wicked does this as a hobby. Apparently with his growing family, he's given up on the project for the past year. I expect that at some point he will get back to it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for the response. I got that. I'll follow this link and hope something develops:

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or

Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

I have an OPPO 105D on a home Ethernet network using a Windows 10 server. I also own the older model OPPO BDP-83se Nuforce edition. I own many SACDs and have never really been able to enjoy them. I hope that ripping them to the network drive will make a difference.

I hope that ripping them to the network drive will make a difference.

It will.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Originally Dr. Wicked said he would go ahead with this project if 150 people "committed" to buying one. No money was actually sent to him, interested users just added names to a list promising to buy one if he succeeded and it came to market.

Dr. Wicked does this as a hobby. Apparently with his growing family, he's given up on the project for the past year. I expect that at some point he will get back to it.

I didn't realize that along with having a family, Mr. Wicked had taken advantage of the time to further his education! ;)

I didn't realize that along with having a family, Mr. Wicked had taken advantage of the time to further his education! ;)

Good one. Have no idea why I wrote that.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for the response. I got that. I'll follow this link and hope something develops:

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or

Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

I have an OPPO 105D on a home Ethernet network using a Windows 10 server. I also own the older model OPPO BDP-83se Nuforce edition. I own many SACDs and have never really been able to enjoy them. I hope that ripping them to the network drive will make a difference.

Your 105D should work fine, but not the 83se. I have had zero problems with an Oppo 103.

I might be speculating, but I think that the project proposed in this thread is likely to be dead. The Oppo, Pioneer, etc. solutions would seem to be THE answer for the future, and better in many ways than the idea originally proposed here.

The current firmware is fine. I believe it came out last month or so. No problem with my Oppo 103...

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Backert Rhumba 1.2 Preamp; Coincident M300B Frankenstein mkII SET monoblocks

Omega Super Alnico HO Monitors (Cherry finish) / Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer

Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD), HQPlayer, Tidal, Roon;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

• 3 years later...

Out of curiosity, and not having seen any statement to confirm it, I gather this project is officially dead at this point, having been replaced by other older players (other than the PS3) capable of ripping SACD's? I notice that the original sign-up spreadsheet is still around.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3