IGNORED

Audirvana+ 2.02

Nico

After more than 770 posts, maybe it's worth to start a new thread for Audirvana+2.0. Sorry, if I am wrong with this.

Does anybody know how to edit/write the tag BPM?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

After more than 770 posts, maybe it's worth to start a new thread for Audirvana+2.0. Sorry, if I am wrong with this.

Does anybody know how to edit/write the tag BPM?

Too bad you actually started a tread for 2.02 thus adding even more confusion...

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

I thought I was going to read about an update version.

I just downloaded A 2.02

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Release 2.0.2

• Add artist as albums search criteria for search filed in albums view
  • Add year as albums sort criteria in Albums View
  • Add audio file location column in tracks list view
  • Optimize playback start time for large libraries
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fix for auto sync not working for file changes done when Audirvana Plus is not running
    • Fix wrong playing track duration displayed when sample rate converter is in action
    • Workaround to read AIFF metadata created with iTunes that are not fully compliant with AIFF standard (second fix)

Argh, all my artists are still sorted under "T" for "The".

I'm curious as to why this hasn't been addressed yet? My 15 day trial is up and I won't be purchasing the upgrade unless I know this issue will be address or not. It seems crazy to me to have all artists that start with "The" grouped together.

I'm curious as to why this hasn't been addressed yet? My 15 day trial is up and I won't be purchasing the upgrade unless I know this issue will be address or not. It seems crazy to me to have all artists that start with "The" grouped together.

This is strange indeed. Damien is responsive, quick on updates so far. He seemingly embraces reasonable suggestions. Don't know about this one.

That's an easy fix for example edit your metadata to say Police, The for example.
actually... this is what the "sort by" tag is for. Tag Artist: "The Police" / Tag Sort Artist: "Police, The".

I'd also love to see "sort by" tags working as supposed to. Then again I can live with the rudimentary sorting A+ provides for the time being.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

I'd also love to see "sort by" tags working as supposed to.

+1. I could do without the auto-ignore of articles ("A", "The", etc) if there were a nice array of "sort by" fields. I recognize that the auto-ignore thing is likely not so trivial when you're serving a multi-lingual user base.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

That's an easy fix for example edit your metadata to say Police, The for example.

That is not a logically way the correct this... Go into each artist and remove "The" plus I use the files for multiple apps and they all know how to ignore articles except Audrivana...Seems like a very easy fix

actually... this is what the "sort by" tag is for. Tag Artist: "The Police" / Tag Sort Artist: "Police, The".

I'd also love to see "sort by" tags working as supposed to. Then again I can live with the rudimentary sorting A+ provides for the time being.

I dunno.

I don't think you should need to make changes to basic fields just so the albums display in logical order, without all the "The" groups together.

Here's a screen shot from one of the settings tabs in Logitech Media Server (LMS), the basic program for the Squeezebox digital players, that shows its multi-language ability to ignore articles (click on image for larger size):

logitech_media_server.jpg

I dunno. I think LMS is a lesser piece of software than A+2, so while I can also live with the rudimentary sorting for the time being, the problem does seem solvable. And this LMS solution, which lets the user determine which articles to ignore would seem to be an easy way to solve the multiple-language issue.

Dave, who used to be amazed by the streaming from his one computer to his "stereo"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I dunno.

I don't think you should need to make changes to basic fields just so the albums display in logical order, without all the "The" groups together.

Here's a screen shot from one of the settings tabs in Logitech Media Server (LMS), the basic program for the Squeezebox digital players, that shows its multi-language ability to ignore articles (click on image for larger size):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14725[/ATTACH]

I dunno. I think LMS is a lesser piece of software than A+2, so while I can also live with the rudimentary sorting for the time being, the problem does seem solvable. And this LMS solution, which lets the user determine which articles to ignore would seem to be an easy way to solve the multiple-language issue.

Dave, who used to be amazed by the streaming from his one computer to his "stereo"

I have a Squeezebox Touch and was thinking of this exact software of how it could be set up to please all languages. I was actually thinking of doing a screen capture and post about the LMS software too.

And the tagging/edit fair starts over again!...

Let's expect other 770 post on metadata editing and nothing on SQ...;-)

We are not audiophiles, aren't we?

Maybe that's because 2.0 new feature was library management, and the sound engine was unchanged (and extensively debated on previous versions).

With regards to the "The" issue, I agree with copy_of_a: instead of having the ignore feature for "the", "les", "die", "los", and all other possible permutations (to our American friends here: there are other languages than English on this globe...), A+ should be using the "sort by" field. I for example have only few albums of groups with "The", but would love to see my composers sorted by last name and not first name. Damien?

Maybe that's because 2.0 new feature was library management, and the sound engine was unchanged (and extensively debated on previous versions).

With regards to the "The" issue, I agree with copy_of_a: instead of having the ignore feature for "the", "les", "die", "los", and all other possible permutations (to our American friends here: there are other languages than English on this globe...), A+ should be using the "sort by" field. I for example have only few albums of groups with "The", but would love to see my composers sorted by last name and not first name. Damien?

I'm a little confused by your comment, not everyone wants to go in and change the metadata for thousands of files when you can easily create an ignore article for all languages if you wish, much like how the LMS software mentioned earlier in this thread does it. Yes, using a sort tag would be helpful too, but why you wouldn't also want to ignore articles to at least help other people out with their own library issues confuses me. Myself I have 200+ artists with "The" and find it a pain that they are all group together.

I'm a little confused by your comment, not everyone wants to go in and change the metadata for thousands of files when you can easily create an ignore article for all languages if you wish, much like how the LMS software mentioned earlier in this thread does it. Yes, using a sort tag would be helpful too, but why you wouldn't also want to ignore articles to at least help other people out with their own library issues confuses me. Myself I have 200+ artists with "The" and find it a pain that they are all group together.

A bit more explanation that may help clear up the confusion: I'd index "The Beatles" under "Beatles." But I don't think I'd index "The Band" under "Band." And "The Beach Boys," I'm not sure - probably without the article. So then you've got a couple of different ways to accomplish this. One is to have a checkbox, on by default, to eliminate articles in various languages. (Of course we Norteamericanos would then have to be careful to uncheck the box for bands like Los Lobos.) Or you could leave it up to the "Sort Name" metadata field and thus the user, which would not be as convenient for the specific purpose of ignoring articles, but as Musicophile pointed out, would be more versatile for folks who want classical albums or tracks sorted by composer, but jazz and rock albums or tracks sorted by artist.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Jud as always has summarized it nicely in his nuanced approach to things. In a nutshell: different needs - different solutions. I'm sure Damien will get to it eventually.

A bit more explanation that may help clear up the confusion: I'd index "The Beatles" under "Beatles." But I don't think I'd index "The Band" under "Band." And "The Beach Boys," I'm not sure - probably without the article. So then you've got a couple of different ways to accomplish this. One is to have a checkbox, on by default, to eliminate articles in various languages. (Of course we Norteamericanos would then have to be careful to uncheck the box for bands like Los Lobos.) Or you could leave it up to the "Sort Name" metadata field and thus the user, which would not be as convenient for the specific purpose of ignoring articles, but as Musicophile pointed out, would be more versatile for folks who want classical albums or tracks sorted by composer, but jazz and rock albums or tracks sorted by artist.

Yes, you would index "The Band" under "Band", if you still go to records store there are no artists that are filed under "The" except the band "The The".

Judd, doesn't the LMS way of doing it make a lot of sense for all languages.

Is there another music software programs that has decided to not ignore articles? Not to my knowledge.

Great news, but I'm sad that there's still no drag and drop support. So far, I can't use A+ 2.X because I have over 15TB of music spread over 6 HDs. I've bought it just to give Damien some support - 1.6 is still my favourite player on a Mac. Please, please, drag and drop support like in 1.X.

Release 2.0.2

• Add artist as albums search criteria for search filed in albums view
  • Add year as albums sort criteria in Albums View
  • Add audio file location column in tracks list view
  • Optimize playback start time for large libraries
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fix for auto sync not working for file changes done when Audirvana Plus is not running
    • Fix wrong playing track duration displayed when sample rate converter is in action
    • Workaround to read AIFF metadata created with iTunes that are not fully compliant with AIFF standard (second fix)

Walcascar[br]My system: Mac Mini > Exasound e22 (digital) > VPI Classic 3 (analog) > McIntosh C50 preamp & McIntosh MC302 amp > B&W Nautilus 802D (Cables: All Cardas)