IGNORED

IUsb Purifier vs LInear PSU for Paul Pang USB

sgr

I was wondering if I use an iUSB Purifier if I'd still need or want to get a Linear USB PSU for my Paul Pang USB Card?

Does the iPurifier accomplish the same thing for less money and hassle?

Also do all SATA (like SSD Drive ) require the same voltage and power requirements? Is it possible to find a Linear PSU that will supply power to both the USB card and SSD drive? WHat manufacturer?

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

It depends whether you think your power source to the card is sub standard, if you do then I would go with a separate PSU - not necessarily a linear you could use a battery from Anker fairly cheaply or more expensive the JCAT battery which is based on the Bakoon but has 2 feeds which you could use on the card and an SSD.

Teddy Pardo makes 5v PSUs that you could use and you can use 2 separate ones for the SSD and card but it can get expensive and then you have to physically connect them which can be an issue in some cases/builds. HDPlex make a linear PSU which supplies their dc-atx and can power the card and SSD - you may find that is preferred

The PPA card uses around 5v/1a some prefer to feed it 5v/3a and the SSD depends but around 5v 0.5a.

The iUSB Power is easier to set up in a system and some people like the results but I would go with a "cleaner" source to the card rather than clean it up afterwards - if you think it needs it.

Thanks for the info.

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

I was wondering if I use an iUSB Purifier if I'd still need or want to get a Linear USB PSU for my Paul Pang USB Card?

Does the iPurifier accomplish the same thing for less money and hassle?

Also do all SATA (like SSD Drive ) require the same voltage and power requirements? Is it possible to find a Linear PSU that will supply power to both the USB card and SSD drive? WHat manufacturer?

I've got the iPurifier and like what it does, however, I agree with Hifidelit in that you should try to provide the best quality power first than try and clean up what you have later.

I have yet to try an L-PSU on my PC, but I'm betting it's going to have a stronger overall impact than the iPurifier.

I attempted batteries, but my motherboard wasn't one of the friendly ones that didn't care about the power sequencing at start-up. I did find DIY ways to get around this, but they were finicky and really didn't look good. They did work, but I didn't want them in my system that would be sitting out in the open.

I've started a Group Buy for a Full Linear ATX PSU here on CA, you should take a look. Luckily with this unit there won't be any hassle connecting it to your PC or various components. Nor do you have to worry whether your motherboard plays happily with out of sequence powering like when using a battery supply.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/group-buy-full-atx-linear-power-supply-unit-teradak-21810/

If you've got any questions about it, ask them in the thread. I'm sure others could benefit from the info too.

If you're keen on the USB path, there's also the Shiit Wyrd and iFi - iUSBPower. The first unit reclocks the USB signal and the second provides clean, low ripple power. They very well could work hand in hand. I'd look at them more as additive things, though, and recommend you tackle the dirty power issue head on.