IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

bogi I just PM you.

The CUE sheet seems to be OK.

Maybe you use very long paths to your ISO file.

Try to set much smaller value of parameter $albumtitle_length in iso2dsf.cfg.

If that doesn't help, try to move your ISO to a folder closer to filesystem root and with shorter folder names.

I recommend you also to use short paths to the tool folder, see the Paul's post above. sacd_extract has some limits in processing long paths.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Still Unknown artist/Unknown album?

Which version of dff2dsf.exe are you using? The version from yesterday doesn't work well, so it could cause the trouble you describe. Use the version 1.2.1 if you downloaded it before the current 1.2.2.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Here is mine (Columbia 199 version). Works fine (even using 1.2.2). I have yet to rip my other two versions (AP and Japanese) cuz AP uses same multichannel and Japanese is simply this one's stereo layer...but will now and report back.

timeout iso2dsf.jpg

yazsan55, maybe you moved ISO2DSF files after you run AddContextMenuItem.bat 1st time.

If so, did you run AddContextMenuItem.bat again from the new location?

Here's one for a mac not tried it though

Utilities | 2ManyRobots

down the bottom of the page is the dff2dsf converter.

Paul

And use Yate from the same software maker to tag dsf if you need to (which is almost certain). Yate tags everything, it's awesome.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Untitled.jpg

I don't think I moved around the folder.

But I re-run AddContextMenuItem.bat

Same result.

Please see the above.

Can you detect something?

I tried with International title too. Same.

So maybe I am mixing around files or....I don't know.

Maybe I should have a fresh go. Would you provide me full set of files as zip? Then I will put them in root folder of C:

ISO2DSF found 7 tracks in the ISO file and extracted DFF files.

You can preserve the DFF files by changing value of $preserveDFF in the cfg file.

It seems dff2dsf.exe didn't run sucessfully, if DSFs were not generated from DFFs. Check for dff2dsf.exe in your folder c:\ISO2DSF.

If you wish to reinstall ISO2DSF, at first run RemoveContextMenuItem.bat.

Then you can delete content of c:\ISO2DSF.

Then you can start again according to the PDF guide.

Do not collect the files in the root folder, use some directory, like C:\ISO2DSF before.

I changed the setting for $preserveDFF and I can see DFF now. However the name of files are 01 - .dff etc etc.

This behaviour itself is strange. It should be like Ted's.

Further, I can not see DFF2DSF menu when I right click the dff files, even after running AddContextMenuItem.bat.

Also even from Open, I can see dff2dsf.exe but can not be added. Maybe this is an indication of the problem.

Further, I can not see DFF2DSF menu when I right click the dff files, even after running AddContextMenuItem.bat.

DFF2DSF and ISO2DSF don't have to be mixed. Hopefully you didn't do so. ISO2DSF doesn't create context menu entry for DFF files.

The folder files seem to be complete. I found you are not using the latest ISO2DSF version (according to the name of the PDF file). The version 1.2.1 addresses issues with special characters in track titles or album name / performer. But the version 1.2.0 functioned with most ISOs too.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files-21780/index8.html#post359964

I have also feeling that you are facing with some access right issue. I don't know which OS version you are running. If it is Vista or newer and if you are administrator, you can try to lower the level of User Account Control settings. Click on Start, enter UAC into the searchbox and run 'Change User Account Control settings'. Then move the slider quite down.