IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

Just now, front242 said:

Hi

Is it now safe to convert from iso directly to dsf without dff intermediate step?
From version 3.8 changelog: sacd_extract does not truncate sample data when exporting to DSF

Yes. You can. But need check series of the ISO, that it is really work correctly with sacd_extract 0.3.8.

Though it don't guarantee no clicks at track borders. Because last block loss is not single click reason.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

8 minutes ago, audiventory said:

Yes. You can. But need check series of the ISO, that it is really work correctly with sacd_extract 0.3.8.

Though it don't guarantee no clicks at track borders. Because last block loss is not single click reason.

Ok. So is it still better to convert first to dff and then to dsf?

Just now, front242 said:

So is it still better to convert first to dff and then to dsf?

In my software I do it. Because many years it work correctly. But later I will learn way to rid intermediate DFF to save time of the conversion.

From my experience, ISO extraction have many hidden "surprises". So I don't sure that DFF-extraction-passing work for any ISO correctly.

I plan to do the passing optionally and non-default rather.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

• 2 months later...

FOR BOGI DFF2DSF

Hello

Just tried to install dff2dsf and the context menu onto Win10 PC.

When right click on dff file I do NOT see the bold or any other DFF to DSF script at top of the menu.  

But if I click Send To I can see DFF to DSF which I understand should do a sequential batch for me?

But clicking it does nothing that I can see - no new files appear with dsf extension and there is not even any HDD activity.

I must be doing something silly??  Maybe not suitable win10?

Thanks

Alan

I moved the exe:-

image.thumb.png.07f0fa2900067c4ad6cf45d5a291003f.png

So it will offer me Send To DFF 2 DSF - I cannot run an album folder?  But I can run track by track and the .dsf is placed alongside the original .dff and dated ans current so easy to identify.

So not quite what i expected but pretty damned smart!!

Is there a way to point to either a full Album all in dff or even better a whole folder of dff orphans stripped from the main collection??

Clever stuff!!

Thank you.

Alan

On 1/12/2018 at 7:40 PM, Alan Melco said:

Is there a way to point to either a full Album all in dff or even better a whole folder of dff orphans stripped from the main collection??

You can inspire yourself with this post: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/21178-how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files/?do=findComment&comment=446443

Just substitute .ISO file type with .DFF and iso2dsf.exe with dff2dsf.exe.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

stop. I get working it. But I must install it again. I must patch the to *.bat files and delete 'rem Quick test for Windows generation: UAC aware or not ; all OS before NT4 ignored for simplicity --> include the second  ) before rem Create registry file to add "DFF to DSF" context menu item'

Wolft

• 5 months later...

Bogi, 

I followed the download and installation instructions contained in your PDF, then ran AddContextMenu to create the two .BAT files. When I right-click on a DFF file, the context menu displays the bold DFF to DSF option and the Send To DFF to DSF option. But when I choose either option, a command line window opens and immediately closes, and no DSF file is created. Below is a screenshot of the installation directory. Is there something wrong with the installation? My PC is running Windows 7 Professional. 

image.png.96fdc4dd3f63236811b848e97ea32843.png

• 8 months later...
On 5/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, wolft said:

Hello,

stop. I get working it. But I must install it again. I must patch the to *.bat files and delete 'rem Quick test for Windows generation: UAC aware or not ; all OS before NT4 ignored for simplicity --> include the second  ) before rem Create registry file to add "DFF to DSF" context menu item'

Wolft

Hmm, I tried editing the .bat file but received this error message with Windows 10

( was unexpected at this time.