IGNORED

M2Tech hiFace Yosemite Driver

leggoslave

Well it seems Yosemite has broken the functionality of the working Mavericks hiFace driver.

I'm not holding much faith in M2Tech developing a new driver so it's up to our ..erm maverick coders to help out once again.

panickingas please step-up..

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

This is why I bought a USB to SPDIF coax converter that doesn't require a driver.

Bill, I'm a bit of a signal chain purist, so the intention's always been to limit components but I suppose, and in hindsight, getting a driver-less converter some time ago would have mitigated all the faffing about.

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not holding much faith in M2Tech developing a new driver so it's up to our ..erm maverick coders to help out once again.

panickingas please step-up..

+1

By the way, has anyone tried using the old driver (for Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion) with Yosemite? Maybe with Yosemite USB works as before Mavericks, again. Just a thought …

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

As soon as DP1 was released I wrote to m2tech. They answered me that they knew. I hope this time they are prepared.

G

Thanks! That's a bit of good news. Yosemite seems nice, so I hope I'll be able to use it without having to sacrifice my cute little hiFace.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

I just installed DP3 of Yosemite, then the M2Tech Mavericks driver, and all seems fine with my original Young-. Using Amarra Symphony 3.02 & iTunes 12.

Young is recognized on the USB bus, I can select the Young in Symphony, and no hiccups with an hour of playing...

:)

I installed Yosemite Public Beta 3 (OS X 10.10 (14A361p)) yesterday and my hiFace (original) works without issues using M2Tech's Mavericks driver. Tested using Audirvana Plus 2.

Thanks for the heads-up guys. ?

Upgraded to Beta 3 and tested on A+ 1.5.12, A+ 2.01 and Amarra 3.0 Symphony.. all now working beautifully.

Integer mode enabled in A+ as well.

I didn't need to re-install the Mavericks driver either. The Yosemite upgrade must've unlocked the kext file.

BTW. I have a HiFace 1 module in my EE Minimax DAC+.

• 2 months later...

My Off-Ramp 5 isn't being detected by Yosemite. I tried to re-load the Mavericks driver but that didn't work. I hope it's a stupid user problem...

2012 MBP (OSX 10.11 and Amarra Symphony w/IRC)-> Revelation Dual Conduit USB -> Berkeley Alpha USB -> Verastarr Silver Signature AES -> Devialet D250-> Siltech 550L -> KEF 104/2 (Steve Nugent Custom).

Power conditioning Audience Adept AR2p -> Verastarr Grand Illusion, Siltech Explorer 270p and Crystal Cable Standard Diamond

Analog: VPI Classic 3, Sumiko Pearwood Celebration ii, Siltech 770i RCA

My Off-Ramp 5 isn't being detected by Yosemite. I tried to re-load the Mavericks driver but that didn't work. I hope it's a stupid user problem...

The M2Tech guys have posted a driver for Yosemite!

http://www.m2tech.biz/it/mavericks_install.html

you have to delete the old driver per the procedure listed. It's working!

2012 MBP (OSX 10.11 and Amarra Symphony w/IRC)-> Revelation Dual Conduit USB -> Berkeley Alpha USB -> Verastarr Silver Signature AES -> Devialet D250-> Siltech 550L -> KEF 104/2 (Steve Nugent Custom).

Power conditioning Audience Adept AR2p -> Verastarr Grand Illusion, Siltech Explorer 270p and Crystal Cable Standard Diamond

Thanks! Have you noticed any difference in sound quality? The Mavericks driver is still working fine for me so weighing whether to upgrade.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I haven't noticed any change in SQ, it sounds great and has worked flawlessly in the short time I have been using it.