IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

Although I received a few comments from customers how good it works well on Control PC and ended up ordering another one for Audio PC later, Audio PC tends to be more effective with direct audio output optimizations. So I recommended to start with Audio PC for Fidelizer purchase. As for testing free version, you should do both with Network Streaming optimization level.

OK I will give it a try.

So do I first need to put my Audio PC back into Gui mode, run the EXE, revert back to core mode, then run AO and enable WMI?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I think you can run Fidelizer Pro on core mode from command prompt. You just need to enable the following features in AO 1.31

– Windows Management Instrumentation service

– MediaPlayer support

– Enables MMCSS in core mode (Multimedia Class Scheduler)

– Enables Fidelizer Pro in core mode

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Hi Guys

Correct, it works like this:

- Say yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer Support"

- Say yes to "optimize/install MMCSS/WASAPI" (optional, but recommended)

- Say NO to "disable WMI" in the end!

If you like, you can also use the Shell Replacement via ServiceTool to set Fedelizer pro as Shell.

Enjoy it,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

In core mode, I'd recommend setting up Fidelizer Pro as shell replacement to get startup optimizations working.

Sorry for the dumb question...but how would I do that?

Also why would I have to do that? I thought with Fidelizer Pro the changes are permanent?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

System configuration changes are permanent but there's some optimizations requiring to be run on startup. In core mode, all startup services are removed (No more run, task scheduler, etc.).

So you can need to set the Shell Replacement via AO's ServiceTool to set Fedelizer pro as Shell or run fidelizercore.exe after booting up through other means. Otherwise, you won't get completed Fidelizer Pro experience.

System configuration changes are permanent but there's some optimizations requiring to be run on startup. In core mode, all startup services are removed (No more run, task scheduler, etc.).

So you can need to set the Shell Replacement via AO's ServiceTool to set Fedelizer pro as Shell or run fidelizercore.exe after booting up through other means. Otherwise, you won't get completed Fidelizer Pro experience.

Got it...I got a few batch files and powershell scripts I run manually anyway after a reboot in core mode so I will just add fiderlizercore.exe to my startup batch file.

Other components:

But Fidelizer Pro installation put an entry of fidelizercore.exe in:

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

And fidelizercore.exe runs at startup.

So why do we need use it as shell replacement or add it to startup again?

Question... I am using the trial version Fidelizer on my control pc. I use Minemserver and Jplaystreamer on this PC. When I run Fidelizer in Extremist mode, it asks me to select my audio player. Should I select Jplaystreamer.exe?

If I was to use Fidelizer on both my control and audio PCs what setting should I use for each? Extremist?

Also, I assume your trial version does not include fidelizercore.exe program? This will be sent to me when I upgrade to the Pro version?

Other components:

In core mode, I'd recommend setting up Fidelizer Pro as shell replacement to get startup optimizations working.

Thanks Windows X, AudioPhil and other posters ... I now have Fidelizer Pro running fully with Audiophile Optimizer 1.31 Beta 10 in Windows Server 2012 R2 in Core Mode. It has also solved my inability to play DSD files ... Result!

In Windows Server with Core mode, Run and Task Scheduler doesn't work. The only methods for viable startup are shell replacement and services. If you use GUI version or normal Windows, you don't need to do that.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I use core mode, and fidelizercore.exe automatically starts with Windows, so I don't understand why I need to set it as shell replacement...

Do you also have this information on your site?

Question... I am using the trial version Fidelizer on my control pc. I use Minemserver and Jplaystreamer on this PC. When I run Fidelizer in Extremist mode, it asks me to select my audio player. Should I select Jplaystreamer.exe?

If I was to use Fidelizer on both my control and audio PCs what setting should I use for each? Extremist?

Also, I assume your trial version does not include fidelizercore.exe program? This will be sent to me when I upgrade to the Pro version?

Yes. You should choose jplaystreamer.exe In Free/Plus version of Fidelizer, you'll use it as standalone application that needs to be executed every time on startup. Fidelizer Pro can behave like services that run automatically from fidelizercore.exe file. You can still configure Fidelizer Pro to behave like Free/Plus version too if you want.

Thanks Windows X, AudioPhil and other posters ... I now have Fidelizer Pro running fully with Audiophile Optimizer 1.31 Beta 10 in Windows Server 2012 R2 in Core Mode. It has also solved my inability to play DSD files ... Result!

With pleasure :)

Thank you! Does that mean on the audio pc I select Jplay as my music player?

I will say that I heard some great improvements last night with Fidelizer on my control pc. Its hard to describe but vocals sound more realistic to me and everything else seemed to tighten up, bass was much improved too! I will be upgrading to Pro version today!

Other components:

I'm experimenting with Fidelizer using it with windows 10 to launch HQPlayer and it seems to work well. I have a question for Windows X. When I use Fidelizer it is kicking up my output volume about 3db. Is that increased volume an intended part of the Fidelizer settings?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I use core mode, and fidelizercore.exe automatically starts with Windows, so I don't understand why I need to set it as shell replacement...

Do you also have this information on your site?

Any help?

I'm experimenting with Fidelizer using it with windows 10 to launch HQPlayer and it seems to work well. I have a question for Windows X. When I use Fidelizer it is kicking up my output volume about 3db. Is that increased volume an intended part of the Fidelizer settings?

It shouldn't be. Fidelizer doesn't touch anything related to volume control. All it did was optimizing clock resolution, managing priorities and core affinity in core audio and software processes. Maybe some changes make you perceived increasing volume in some system setup?

Any help?

In core mode, there's no startup feature. You can't set Run registry or add task to scheduler to run. Setting up command prompt to execute fidelizercore.exe on startup is Phil's idea to resolve startup issue. You can try using other means like setting shell to run with your own startup script instead or implement services to run your application on startup.

In core mode, there's no startup feature. You can't set Run registry or add task to scheduler to run. Setting up command prompt to execute fidelizercore.exe on startup is Phil's idea to resolve startup issue. You can try using other means like setting shell to run with your own startup script instead or implement services to run your application on startup.

After I run the Fidelizer Pro installer, in Windows Server 2012 R2 Core Mode, I have the fidelizercore.exe in the registry "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run", and fidelizercore.exe runs at startup.

If you say that this is not possible, why fidelizercore.exe is running and what it's doing?

In core mode, it'll open command prompt instead of Explorer. Since task scheduler and run components are bounded to run after explorer activation, they won't be executed without explorer shell. Could you check value of Shell item in this key?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

AO will setup cmd with /k for running other stuff like fidelizercore.exe for an example.

It shouldn't be. Fidelizer doesn't touch anything related to volume control. All it did was optimizing clock resolution, managing priorities and core affinity in core audio and software processes. Maybe some changes make you perceived increasing volume in some system setup?

I just noticed we are both based in Thailand. Small world indeed. I measured it and I can tell you it is exactly 3db increase. I concede that it may have to do with the way Fidelizer interacts with HQPlayer on windows 10. It is not a problem I was just interested if it was intended. I like how it sounds. Where would I find the different feature I might encounter with the paid version vs the free version? I like the fact that it resets when you reboot.

In core mode, it'll open command prompt instead of Explorer. Since task scheduler and run components are bounded to run after explorer activation, they won't be executed without explorer shell. Could you check value of Shell item in this key?

AO will setup cmd with /k for running other stuff like fidelizercore.exe for an example.

I'm not at home right now, but I will check that...

When I used Fidelizer Free, I used this batch to add it to Startup and it worked well...

@echo off

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Fidelizer" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Fidelizer\Fidelizer.exe /S" /f

pause

And I'm using the default shell.

That registry entry has "explorer.exe", that is the default...

You can also see the Fidelizer Core entry, created by your installer...

euEudhA.png