IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Keetakawee,

I have a headless "C.A.P.S. Lagoon" music server with Windows 2012 in minimal server mode + AO 1.30. Since Windows Server does not allow apps to auto start, I had to make a startup.bat in order to load Spotify and Media Center service every time the server starts, and place it in "Shell" key under HKLM\SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon. The script that I have created is the following:

@echo off

cd "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"

start spotify.exe

mc20.exe /mediaserver

exit

How can Fidelizer work with the script above and what I want to accomplish? Specifically, I have the following questions:

1. the free Fidelizer cannot run on startup and "fidelize", correct?

2. Which .exe from Media Center would I choose to "fidelize"? JRService.exe? I do not want the app to start, just the service in the background.

3. Would Media Center Server start after boot from within Fidelizer Pro, so it wouldn't be necessary to include in startup.bat?

2. How would you modify the start up script above to make room for Fidelizer Pro? What would be the starting sequence of programs? Or it would somehow not need to be included there?

Thank you! A prospect customer,

Ari.

Of course you can. I'd like to suggest revising script file to be like this instead.

@echo off

cd "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"

start "Spotify" /realtime /affinity 0x2 "spotify.exe"

start "MCServer" /realtime /affinity 0x4 "mc20.exe" /mediaserver

exit

When you need to choose audiophile media player software. Just browse to location stored bat file and type its name directly. You should be able to select batch file instead that way.

1. the free Fidelizer cannot run on startup and "fidelize", correct?

: Only Fidelizer Pro allow startup optimizations automatically so yeah.

2. Which .exe from Media Center would I choose to "fidelize"? JRService.exe? I do not want the app to start, just the service in the background.

: Like I said above, type batch filename instead and choose that.

3. Would Media Center Server start after boot from within Fidelizer Pro, so it wouldn't be necessary to include in startup.bat?

: Yes if you do as I told you above.

2. How would you modify the start up script above to make room for Fidelizer Pro? What would be the starting sequence of programs? Or it would somehow not need to be included there?

: As I wrote above :)

Regards,

Windows X

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Since the release of version 6.5, I've been monitoring a report from Fidelizer Pro users. and now I've solved all Fidelizer Pro issues reported as below.

Changelog for version 6.6

Fidelizer

-Fixed parsing MMCSS configuration bug on some values greater than signed INT limit

-Improved effectiveness of Audiophile/Extremist optimization level

Fidelizer Plus

-Fixed parsing MMCSS configuration bug on some values greater than signed INT limit

Fidelizer Pro

-Added startup from task scheduler support to improve compatibility with user account control

-Fixed holding progress dialog when optimizing without running on startup

-Fixed potentially hanging at applying optimization dialog

-Fixed startup feature not being removed when choosing not to run on startup

As for startup feature in Windows Server Core editions, Audiophile Optimizer 1.31 will take care of that. I also helped on implementing some cool features over there hoping AudioPhil will release an update soon.

Info and Download: Fidelizer 6.6 Released – Some more fixes and improvements | Fidelizer

• 2 weeks later...

After releasing 6.6, I believe I’ve solved most issues in Fidelizer 6 so I started 7.0 branch. To test experimental feature on public effectively, I decided to implement it on free version for testing purpose. If it works well, it should greatly improve your audio listening experience with real-time resource optimization.

The concept of real time resource optimization is monitoring how system utilize resources in each process and predict its pattern in resource utilization. With this, we could adjust process’ priority and utilization in timely fashion. For example, if network process transfers audio packets every 2s, we can reduce network utilization to lowest possible and trigger the optimization just before transferring packets then minimize network down again after the job is done. It’s just a theory but it could improve network streaming to be very close to fixed storage media.

Fidelizer Ultimate 7.0 alpha – Test release for new beginning

• 1 month later...

I can’t believe we’ll get this steady celebration campaign for every 2 months like this. Looks like this’ll be a year for Fidelizer after hardships since last 2 years ago. There were times that I asked myself why did I keep developing this after receiving bashful comments from tiny freeware that can’t damage anyone’s machine. Thanks to you guys that I didn’t decide to quit and finally make something for better changes. Here’s the 3rd launch of every 100th milestone celebration since January. During this event, we’ll be offering limited time discounts as below.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $30.0

Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $55.0

This offer will last until 10th May 2015. As a token of gratitude from myself, I hope you’ll find this as good opportunity to consider upgrading as part of your audiophile journey. I will continue improving Fidelizer so you guys can enjoy having good time with good music. I hope you guys won’t take our April Fools’ joke version seriously. We don’t have plans about 7.0 development anytime soon. For now the main focus is about improving 6.x to reach its maturity first.

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

• 2 weeks later...

Fidelizer 6.7 released – Some fixes with security and audio improvements

After releasing version 6.6 for a while, I've been monitoring for issues to be fixed in next release. In these times, I received some mixed feelings feedback from free Fidelizer users here.

Fidelizer is malicious software because I got backdoor trojan attacks after running Fidelizer in Extremist level so it's not safe anymore.

Dear gentleman, you're using cracked version of Windows with cracked software. You're bounded to get a malware of two by doing that. Fidelizer shutdown non-audio services and that includes Windows Defender and some core services related to security. Fidelizer's default configuration is set to 'Workstation' so it won't do that without user's consent and 'Extremist' states that it'll shutdown non-audio services in configuration.

Regardless of some unfortunate users' circumstances, I shall reconsider that Fidelizer shutting down Windows Defender service in Windows 7 is still unsafe for public. To prevent this crime from repeating again, I decided to keep Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related security services from stopping/disabling in all versions of Fidelizer for security reason. It may not be fully extremist anymore but security is indeed important.

I hoped it could be a little more transparent. I'm tweaking Windows Audio Workstations for years ( tweaked registry / priorised stuff / HPET / MMCSS etc. ) and they all behave terrible after "fidelizing", for a music PRODUCTION DAW this is not very good. But i noticed a "little" difference for overall audioplayback quality.

Dear madam, you've been tweaking Windows for years with default multimedia configuration for years. Fidelizer's concepts was improving audio performance at its core and decrease non-audio tasks' performance to reduce negative effects to audio. It raises the resolution of audio tasks with higher thread and task priority, more time slice for feeding resources for audio task, improve kernel resolution timers for low-latency playback, reduce priority of non-audio processes and isolate them to separated processor core. In general means, it can never be worsen.

If we talk in audiophile terms, you fine-tuned your system for $1k CD Transport for years and think this is perfect tune for transport. One day you try $10k SACD Transport in your system and you're not satisfied because it's not compatible with your highend power cords, and audio cables used in tuning system. $10k SACD Transport has much wider bandwidth and resolution just like Fidelizer increases your computer's audio bandwidth and resolution. You need to perform fine-tuning again for better system in higher resolution. I used to recommend my friend who's been tweaking Windows audio for a decade like me with one of core Fidelizer's tweaks and unlike you, he find its potentials enough to re-apply all of his tweaks from scratch.

Changelog for version 6.7

Free

-Extremist optimization level will keep Network/User Experience services by default so uncheck them if you want to stop them too

-Optimizing System/Network utilization won't be applied on Workstation optimization level

-Removed Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services from stopping services list for security reason

-Isolated some system processes from non-audio group that could potentially harm audio performance in default environment

Plus

-Extremist optimization level will keep Network/User Experience services by default so uncheck them if you want to stop them too

-Optimizing System/Network utilization won't be applied on Workstation optimization level

-Removed Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services from stopping services list for security reason

-Isolated some system processes from non-audio group that could potentially harm audio performance in default environment

Pro

-Fixed startup feature not being removed from task scheduler successfully when choosing not to run on startup

-Fixed uninstallation not reverting disabled services back to system defaults

-Removed Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services from disabling services list for security reason

I've been working on tweaking Windows Audio Workstations over a decade. It's long enough to develop Fidelizer for years. I studied about audio in system and kernel level long enough to know how to avoid bad tweaks. And if Fidelizer is incompatible with some of personal optimal tweaks, they should consider apply Fidelizer first and re-apply each tweaks step-by-step to find bad tweaks. I can't understand why people who can tweak system to improve audio often think their tweaks are perfect and ignore to understand how it works or how they don't work well together. Still, I did try to think of some of optimizations can affect sound quality in a bad way? Maybe having UAC turned on and its process can affect audio in some ways too? I hope excluding some system processes can help her situation to use Fidelizer without reverting her 'gold tweaks'.

Sorry for my long rambling. I've been trying to explain Fidelizer in a way most people can understand so far but somehow I don't really know if I get that through. I hope you'll enjoy this release of Fidelizer better than before.

Info and Download: Fidelizer 6.7 released

After releasing Fidelizer Pro for a few hours, there was a strong demand of disabling security services from Fidelizer Pro users running Extremist optimization level. So here I'm releasing a patch to disable security services manually. Please apply this patch after installing Fidelizer Pro 6.7. You can also disable the following services manually in services.msc

Base Filtering Engine (For Windows Firewall)

Windows Defender (Windows 7 only)

Info and Download: Fidelizer - Security Disabler

Hi Win X

I have a Jplay/AO 2 pc steamer. I have bought the Fidelizer pro version and loaded it on the control pc. It is in gui mode and I'm using Fidelizer in extremist mode. It works fine and sounds great.

I am interested in trying it on my audio pc as well. Do I need to purchase another license for that? Also, are there any operating instructions for running Fidelizer in core mode?

Thanks

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

Yes. You'll need to purchase for another license since Fidelizer Pro is single PC license (That's why Fidelizer Pro is about the half price of JPLAY/AO despite being so effective).

For usage with Audiophile Optimizer in Core mode, please enable the following options in Audiophile Optimizer (Recommended version 1.31 or higher)

– Windows Management Instrumentation service

– MediaPlayer support

– Enables MMCSS in core mode (Multimedia Class Scheduler)

– Enables Fidelizer Pro in core mode

Purchasing both would bring the best performance out of JPLAY dual PC setup with Network Transport/Network Render combo on Extremist optimization level. We JPLAY/AO/Fidelizer developers have been in touch with each other so we'd do our best to help our customer having happy listening experience together.

Regards,

Windows X

Yes. You'll need to purchase for another license since Fidelizer Pro is single PC license (That's why Fidelizer Pro is about the half price of JPLAY/AO despite being so effective).

For usage with Audiophile Optimizer in Core mode, please enable the following options in Audiophile Optimizer (Recommended version 1.31 or higher)

– Windows Management Instrumentation service

– MediaPlayer support

– Enables MMCSS in core mode (Multimedia Class Scheduler)

– Enables Fidelizer Pro in core mode

Purchasing both would bring the best performance out of JPLAY dual PC setup with Network Transport/Network Render combo on Extremist optimization level. We JPLAY/AO/Fidelizer developers have been in touch with each other so we'd do our best to help our customer having happy listening experience together.

Regards,

Windows X

Do I need to put the Audio pc online? Can I download the key and application onto a thumb drive and load it into the audio pc from there and then run it?

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

Hi Win X

I've installed Fidelizer on the Audio pc. I ran it once in gui mode, then switched to core mode. Initially, the window came up and showed Fidelizer was applying my optimizations. After that, I ran Ao to install KS, etc, including required settings for Fidelizer. Upon restart there is no Window showing Fidelizer running. I've tried service tool to put Fidelizer as shell but it does not indicate any change.

Is Fidelizer completely invisible in core mode or is there some way to access it to make sure its running or to change settings?

It sounds fantastic, so I guess it is doing its job, but I would like access in core.

I've had to learn some new tricks to probe around in core mode. The best is how to open task manager and get a command prompt. I've discovered Fidelizer is running and it must have applied the extremist network render I setup in gui mode to core mode.

Is the way to run Fidelizer in core mode this:

Run 'fidelizercore.exe' in Windows directory. I haven't tried that yet but saw it somewhere in another thread.

Anyway, this sounds sensational......really really great :)

I've run the fidelizercore.exe from the windows directory in core mode and the program runs and applies optimizations. I need to know the command to access the settings table.

The way I have to do it now is change from core to gui and do the settings there. That's not good, but better than nothing. If someone can tell me how to access the Fidelizer settings screen in AO core mode, it would be appreciated.

BTW, AO/ Jplay/ Bug Head/ Fidelizer sound terrific together. It is nice to see developers support one another.....not like that other player that advertises here.

Sorry for late reply. I've been busy with local projects recently. To configure Fidelizer Pro, you need to run installation software again not fidelizercore.exe From what I tested before in core mode, it worked fine before in AO 1.30.

If you find any error, please capture screenshot (using mobile phone to take photo is fine) so I can see what's wrong there.

Sorry for late reply. I've been busy with local projects recently. To configure Fidelizer Pro, you need to run installation software again not fidelizercore.exe From what I tested before in core mode, it worked fine before in AO 1.30.

If you find any error, please capture screenshot (using mobile phone to take photo is fine) so I can see what's wrong there.

Hi X

Yes, the problem was not putting "...." around the Fidelizer Pro application file name. Now I can run the config screen in core mode.

Awesome program. Combined with AO, it's computer audio perfection.

Any Windows 10 plans?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

I have a dual PC, Jplay setup using Minimserver. If I was to try Fidelizer first only on one pc, where would I get the best improvement, Control or Audio PC?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Any Windows 10 plans?

I'm interested in this answer also. I have tried the current free version with windows 10 and it does seem to work. It would be interesting to learn from the creator how effective this current version is with windows 10.

Any Windows 10 plans?

From what I investigate with Windows 10. There's nothing much to do aside from stopping/disabling few more services. Current version of Fidelizer is working effectively with Windows 10.

I have a dual PC, Jplay setup using Minimserver. If I was to try Fidelizer first only on one pc, where would I get the best improvement, Control or Audio PC?

Although I received a few comments from customers how good it works well on Control PC and ended up ordering another one for Audio PC later, Audio PC tends to be more effective with direct audio output optimizations. So I recommended to start with Audio PC for Fidelizer purchase. As for testing free version, you should do both with Network Streaming optimization level.