IGNORED

Hyperion summer sale

Hyperion is having its summer sale: 50 CDs and the respective downloads are offered at discount. Every few days the discounted list is updated. If anyone buys an album, it gets replaced. (A few Liszt CDs have been stuck there since the beginning of the sale!)

I have no affiliation to Hyperion but like music and discounts. If more people buy, the list gets refreshed more and we get a better choice! Hyperion recordings are usually good. A few high resolution recording (96/24, 44/24, 44/20) have also appeared during the sale.

Hyperion summer sale link

There are a couple of things currently on the list that I own and can enthusiastically recommend: the Power Hindemith solo viola album and the Hamelin Ives/Barber sonatas.

I can see a couple of things that I'm likely to jump on, notably the Lewis/Leopold String Trio album of Mozart piano quartets.

It's almost impossible to go badly wrong on the Hyperion site.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

It's not a summer sale, Hyperion has a similar promotion every week

For the summer sale, Hyperion has enhanced their weekly promotion of 10 discounted albums to 50. Also the list is updated every few days for the sale instead of being done weekly. Here is their own announcement from their front page:

Until the end of August we will be expanding our celebrated ‘Please, someone buy me’ offer from ten to fifty CDs, all available at half-price (and with download prices reduced to match).

BTW, the list has been finally refreshed after I started this thread.

For the summer sale, Hyperion has enhanced their weekly promotion of 10 discounted albums to 50. Also the list is updated every few days for the sale instead of being done weekly. Here is their own announcement from their front page:

Until the end of August we will be expanding our celebrated ‘Please, someone buy me’ offer from ten to fifty CDs, all available at half-price (and with download prices reduced to match).

BTW, the list has been finally refreshed after I started this thread.

You're right, sorry mate

Massimiliano

FYI, NativeDSD.Com and Hyperion have announced that DSD Downloads from the Hyperion catalog are on the horizon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14151[/ATTACH]

https://www.nativedsd.com/

That is excellent news. I own a few of their SACDs (Hamelin's Shostakovich concertos for example) but cannot currently transfer them to the computer due to lack of the necessary ripping equipment. Good to know some of them will be available as downloads.

In general, I like Hyperion's website a lot - not only do they offer lots of their new recordings in high-res audio, but you can also download all booklets of their CDs for free, irrespectively of whether you bought them from their website or not. That is an exemplary service and very useful in particular for those who already own the CDs but do not want to scan them individually when digitising the CDs.