IGNORED

NOS DAC? File player combo...

Hello. Like many of you (perhaps) I am looking for a DAC. I'm quite interested in NOS DACS, but I'm not 100% sure this is the way to go. I am also looking to replace my Squeezebox with a better file player. 99% of my music collection is 16/44.1 RIPS of my 2000+ CDs. These live on a NAS. So I am primarily looking for something very musical and engaging to listen through. I have recently purchased a Eastern Electric minimax CD player and I am impressed by how much better this player sounds than my file player / DAC.

My current system: Line Magnetic 518ia, Harbeth P3ESR, Eastern Electric minimax CD player, (will skip the analog front end), Squeezebox Touch with CIAudio power supply, and a CIAudio VDA2 DAC, (will skip all the cables)...

So, I'm interested in hearing from people with a similar kind of set up that might have an opinion on a DAC / File player upgrade. DACs I am considering : Metrum Octave, Audio Note kits, Wavelength Brick v2 & v3, MHDT Havana, MHDT Stockholm, DB Audio Tranquility, Eastern Electric minimax & PLUS, Line Magnetic 502CA.

File players I am considering : SOTM sms-100, Auraliti 90 or 100, the new Auralic aries.

The last piece of this puzzle would be either USB player, SPDIF player or a USB player with an SPDIF convertor ahead of the DAC.

I am very curious to hear any others who have discovered a great solution along these lines. As you can see my price point is sub-$2000 for the DAC and around $1000 for the player. I am not opposed to picking up DACS on the used market either.

Thank you all in advance.