IGNORED

JRiver Id Media Player

NUC2820.jpg

I am looking to buy the JRiver Id media player/renderer. I would like to get feedback from others who may have already tried this little box out. It is based on the Intel NUC package so in case some of you may have already tried that out - your feedback would be highly appreciated.

JRiver is offering an introductory price of $295 (regular price is $395).

JRiver is bundling a linux version of JRMC with the package.

From the JRiver Id wiki:

The Id is a:DLNA Renderer -- When connected to an amplifier or DAC, you can play to it from any DLNA Server.

DLNA Server -- It can host your files and serve them to any DLNA Renderer.

Portable Media Player -- Wherever there is an electrical outlet, the Id can stand alone, and play to an audio amplifier or compatible DAC. It has a 120GB SSD drive. The software takes about 20GB, so you have 100GB of storage (about 300 CD's at lossless quality). It runs a Samba Server, so you can copy files to it from a PC or Mac. Connect a USB keyboard, USB mouse, and HDMI display, or just run it with a smart phone, and no peripherals.

Audio output via HDMI, 1/8" Stereo analog, or USB. The Id uses the speakers of any amplifier or TV.

• 2GB of RAM, 120GB SSD drive (100GB available)
  • Intel Celeron CPU
  • USB (3.0 (1) and 2.0 (2))
  • Wired and wireless Ethernet
  • IR, Bluetooth and WiDi. (Bluetooth, and WiDi are not yet supported.)

Power is 100 to 240 Volts, 50 to 60 Hz. The power supply is an external "brick". It comes with adaptors for international power plugs. More information is at the bottom of the instructions.

Multichannel and DSD are supported over HDMI.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.