IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

On 11/28/2017 at 2:50 PM, Enrok said:

Just installed the last version of Lightning DS 4.5

they havé corrected some bugs. Works fine 

New Lighting DS changes in Setup section are very significant and in fact excellent. Good job Auralic!

I found that when reactivating Lightning DS app now it takes a touch longer to find Aries on network, but may be it is for another reason.

Since 5.2 and 4.5 installed - no issues whatsoever, everything running smooth.

Now waiting for a promosied land - room correction. If it ever will be implemented.

• 3 months later...

So I am having a problem with Lightning Server.  

I have Lightning DS 4.6 and and Firmware 5.3.

Basically what happened was my Synology crashed and I had to switch over to another one.  I migrated my settings and have since triple check that SMB is enabled.

Before this I was using Lightning Server with my network share that I configured close to a year ago and had been rock solid.

So I do a reconfigure to map it to the new synology and it isn't working.  First I try the ip address and then the DNS name.

I entered my credentials (on the webpage part of the setup) and it says no.

So I try to reconfigure from scratch and I do it exactly like the tutorial for setting up a new music library.  So it sees the new Synology, I enter credentials, then I point it to the right folder, click next, and it sits on the Applying Settings screen for a minute before telling me to try again later.  

So I reboot the Nas and the Aries.  Still same problem.

What can I try next?  Has anyone had a similar problem?  I do have a long password, and it has "special characters" in it.  I have no issues with the new Synology otherwise.  I can mount an smb share no problem.

I even reinitialized the Aries from scratch, still same problem.  This worked no problem with my previous Synology.

Thanks

Mike

Does the Aries LE use a different version of the software? According to the app I use firmware 4.1.0 it says that’s the current version. The lightning DS is 4.6 no newer version available. The sever software is 1.13.

But I read that other people have newer software. Is the Aries LE being fased out of the updates?

[br]

1 hour ago, mordante said:

Does the Aries LE use a different version of the software? According to the app I use firmware 4.1.0 it says that’s the current version. The lightning DS is 4.6 no newer version available. The sever software is 1.13.

But I read that other people have newer software. Is the Aries LE being fased out of the updates?

No, don't worry. I have the Aries LE. The Lightning DS app is running version 4.6, coming straight out of the app store.

The firmware of your Aries LE depends on whether you choose to run beta versions or not. I've set it to run betas and my Aries LE therefore runs version 5.3 right now.

To allow betas, go to the hardware settings page (just browse to the IP address of your Aries from a web browser on your Mac or PC) and select to allow betas, it's done in a second. Version 5.3 is flawless for me so far.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:18 AM, mfalcon said:

So I am having a problem with Lightning Server.  

I have Lightning DS 4.6 and and Firmware 5.3.

Basically what happened was my Synology crashed and I had to switch over to another one.  I migrated my settings and have since triple check that SMB is enabled.

Before this I was using Lightning Server with my network share that I configured close to a year ago and had been rock solid.

So I do a reconfigure to map it to the new synology and it isn't working.  First I try the ip address and then the DNS name.

I entered my credentials (on the webpage part of the setup) and it says no.

So I try to reconfigure from scratch and I do it exactly like the tutorial for setting up a new music library.  So it sees the new Synology, I enter credentials, then I point it to the right folder, click next, and it sits on the Applying Settings screen for a minute before telling me to try again later.  

So I reboot the Nas and the Aries.  Still same problem.

What can I try next?  Has anyone had a similar problem?  I do have a long password, and it has "special characters" in it.  I have no issues with the new Synology otherwise.  I can mount an smb share no problem.

I even reinitialized the Aries from scratch, still same problem.  This worked no problem with my previous Synology.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike, I'm not sure, but maybe check if both your Synology and your Aries are configured in the same WORKGROUP. Usually they are both set to the default WORKGROUP but if you change one of the two it might cause the issues you're having.

Otherwise, on the Synology create a new user called AriesUser or something, which you give read access to the music share, with a more simple password. The simple password is not an issue as you only allow read access in your music folder. It's done in seconds, it's safe and it excludes the possibility that it might be the special  characters in your password. I don't think that's the issue, but you never know.

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2015 at 10:40 PM, samirevah said:

For accessing iTunes playlists, it's also possible and not too complicated. Unfortunately, it's a one way export and I don't know an easy way to synchronize your playlists between the two. In iTunes, under the File menu there is a command for "export playlist". Select this choice and then save the playlist in "M3U" format. This is a (fairly) universal format that almost any server software can read. Once you've exported the playlists, go to the server software you're using with the Aries and make sure it includes the location of the exported playlist files in its scan. If you make changes to your playlists in iTunes, you'll have to repeat this procedure and re-scan the folder in your server software.

I tried this. I put the playlists in the same folder as all the music. But I don't think Auralic's server software - Lightning Server - can read them...