IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

Wang;

Thanks for sharing this info.

Is there anything else (hardware wise) that needs to be fixed from batch1 to batch2, or is it just the case marking?

Circuit is the final version already, no change required.

The case need some improvement but mostly from factory side (reduce cost by reduce defeat parts rate) , the paint can be future improved.

Firmware need regular update to improve the stability but it is fine now.

Lightning DS need a lot of work and we are working on it.

The good thing I have seen is firmware is stable so it wont effect our progress to add USB hard disk read function as well as DSD upsampling in the future. However the current situation of Lightning DS will result in delay of iPhone and Android version of software.

Circuit is the final version already, no change required.

The case need some improvement but mostly from factory side (reduce cost by reduce defeat parts rate) , the paint can be future improved.

Firmware need regular update to improve the stability but it is fine now.

Lightning DS need a lot of work and we are working on it.

The good thing I have seen is firmware is stable so it wont effect our progress to add USB hard disk read function as well as DSD upsampling in the future. However the current situation of Lightning DS will result in delay of iPhone and Android version of software.

Thx.

My question was merely related to whether it was any point in waiting for batch2 or just buy the batch1 unit.

For the software I am not worried that this may be an issue.

Thx.

My question was merely related to whether it was any point in waiting for batch2 or just buy the batch1 unit.

I promise that there is no reason to wait if you only concern about hardware. But software will take time to improve, if you are worry about the software, you have enough reason to wait for a month or two.

I promise that there is no reason to wait if you only concern about hardware. But software will take time to improve, if you are worry about the software, you have enough reason to wait for a month or two.

I do not worry about the software as long as the upgrade features are the same for batch1 and batch2.

This is the best news that I've seen in weeks regarding the ARIES.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I am going to try this one with the Aries as an alternative to my NAS (since I already own the Lumin A1): LUMIN L1

It contains Lumin's own proprietary uPnP server.

I think it should work. Expected ETA in August.

That looks fantastic, but wouldn't it be a better idea to wait for the Aries USB disk option? It would save a device and consequently sound better without need for extra cabling/power supply etc.

That looks fantastic, but wouldn't it be a better idea to wait for the Aries USB disk option? It would save a device and consequently sound better without need for extra cabling/power supply etc.

For me it won't because I am going to buy it for my Lumin anyway and share it with the Aries. Aries will also have my Synology 713+ NAS (Minimserver) w/2x500GB SSD attached via my AC Ethernet bridge (also acting as a local switch).

Hello, would somebody know the specification of the Auralic linear psu including connector size?

Best regards

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/auralic-aries-hardware-impressions-and-information-21261/index3.html#post340038

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Oh, since some have asked for some reason here is the LPS. Why one would pay the extra money for the Femto Clocks and LPS and then pay for another LPS is beyond me but this hobby doesn't make sense most of the time. ;-)

For your pleasure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13900[/ATTACH]

<snip>QUOTE]

I think I am a bit slow or missed something in an earlier post, please expand on your statement. Thanks

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Oh, since some have asked for some reason here is the LPS. Why one would pay the extra money for the Femto Clocks and LPS and then pay for another LPS is beyond me but this hobby doesn't make sense most of the time. ;-)

For your pleasure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13900[/ATTACH]

I think I am a bit slow or missed something in an earlier post, please expand on your statement. Thanks

There really isn't much to expand on. There are two versions of the ARIES. They are the ARIES with the upgrades and ARIES LE which does not have the Femto Clocks along with the Linear Power Supply (LPS). To purchase the ARIES and then buy or build an aftermarket LPS seems a bit wasteful and counterintuitive to me.

Would anyone other then Marky like to make some comments on audio quality?

It sounds good, in fact, last night I was just lost in the music. I forgot for a brief few minutes that the App needs help. :-) I think at this point I can say that it doesn't sound worse. I think. Then again, I don't believe in 500 hr break-in times and all the other stuff that most seem to.

Then again, I don't believe in 500 hr break-in times and all the other stuff that most seem to.

Aries has no analog stage; it will ipsofactor require very little break-in other than digital clocks settling in (48 hours after power up).

Aries has no analog stage; it will ipsofactor require very little break-in other than digital clocks settling in (48 hours after power up).

Uh, many people say that the LPS will require some insane amount of time. I've read it many many times. I do understand how the ARIES is built though. Thanks.

Wow, why the attitude Jason? I am agreeing with you and trying to help (everyone). The "500 hours" is something we have talked about several times on the PS Audio DS thread (when ROFLs aren't being posted), so I figured a response was worthwhile here to remind folks that the biggest culprits, a separate analog power supply and signal path, are not big hurdles here!

For me it won't because I am going to buy it for my Lumin anyway and share it with the Aries. Aries will also have my Synology 713+ NAS (Minimserver) w/2x500GB SSD attached via my AC Ethernet bridge (also acting as a local switch).

That makes sense. What are your findings when comparing sound quality of Aries and Lumin?

Would anyone other then Marky like to make some comments on audio quality?

After playing for a week now I can say I am very happy with the SQ. I can only compare SQ with my Squeezebox touch (with Triode EDO plug-in): SQ notably more smooth in highs, bass seems to extend further and is more "intelligible", soundstage big with very good placements of instruments and voices, general sound impression very stable and authoritative.

That makes sense. What are your findings when comparing sound quality of Aries and Lumin?

That would be a tough comparison as it involves two different DACs (which would likely be the MAJOR part of the differences in SQ).

That would be a tough comparison as it involves two different DACs (which would likely be the MAJOR part of the differences in SQ).

I am still awaiting my Aries after a major fcuk up by Fed-Ex in Norway, but what I can compare (with the same source) is Lumin via S/PDIF to DirectStream vs. Aries via USB to DirectStream in order to bypass the specifics of the Lumin DAC part. To say the truth, I have never been too impressed with the DAC part in the Lumin. It is clearly outperformed by my PS Audio DAC's. When it comes to flawless performance from the user perspective the Lumin is unbeatable, IMO.

I'm sure everyone here would be very interested to hear about this very interesting comparison...

Sure, but I can only do it up to 192/24 for hirez or DoP.

I will keep an open mind, but expect the Aries to match the Lumin and that would be satisfactory because the Lumin S/PDIF is extremely good compared with my EC EMP3 multiplayer. I might also try the AES/EBU connection.

When I move over to single and double DSD over USB, I expect the Aries to outperform the Lumin. We will see.

Actually my favourite connection is I2s, but then I have to wait for the LH Labs Geek Source.

Actually my favourite connection is I2s, but then I have to wait for the LH Labs Geek Source.

You can look at the Sonre Rendu and Signature Rendu renderers. The first can be made I2S capable; the second is built that way.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)