IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am using  an Aries G1 with a Melco N1 (with MinimServer) as nas. I got the stuff this week, and I am searching for the ideal set up (I have a lot of classical music and jazz, so metadata is quite important for me). 

If I use LightningServer as library, I have problems with multiple disc albums and cover art. But adding music, or changing metadata works fine: the new music and changes show up after  a re-scan. I could solve the multi disc problem, but that requires modifying my directory structure, not exactly what I want.

If I use MinimServer as library, speed improves, and no issues with multiple disc albums and cover art. But newly added music does not show up, and if I modify an album' s metadata, the album gives an error (in stead of the the title of the track, "Modified or deleted item" shows up). Clear cache or Refresh cache is not the solution. Anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

Is it possible to make visible metadata about orchestra and conductor in Lightning DS (I have seen it in another set up, but it is not visible in my set up)?

Kind Regards, 

WAM

Hi fellow Auralic owners. I have been using the Aries Femto into Chord DAVE for a while. I am eyeing the Aries G2 lately and was wondering if anyone has made this upgrade and found it worthwhile. Is there a big difference between G1 and G2? I would hope DAVE is able to show even minor source differences. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a link to using a calibrated mic and software to measure audio system frequency response. Once done results can be used as a guide for settings of Auralic equalizer. 

MiniDSP

Suggest reading info on right hand side and playing/fiddling with the  Auralic EQ just to see how to use it to make adjustments and how it works. 

13 hours ago, oldzorki said:

My femto rebooted last night and now I have an option of equalizer... Now if only it could use convolution files...

Thanks oldzorki for the reply.

Now I need to get a calibrated microphone. Or not - I googled and came across this:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/room-measurement-tutorial-for-dummies-part-2.5/

Has anyone used Mini DSP's UMIK 1 with REW and the Aries Parametric EQ?

Does it work well or not to bother at all?

6 minutes ago, mikey8811 said:

A calibrated mic such as the UMIK and REW is the best way to take measurements for establishing PEQ. REW will even calculate recommend PEQ filters for you once you have determined your preferred target curve.

7 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Thanks oldzorki for the reply.

Now I need to get a calibrated microphone. Or not - I googled and came across this:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/room-measurement-tutorial-for-dummies-part-2.5/

This is the setup I have.

i do intend to use it, though not in a great hurry. 

Will post when it happens. 

7 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

I'm using AudioTool on Android with Dayton Audio iMM-6 microphone. It's a cheap set up. AudioTool can sent a sweep signal and measure the input from the mic at the same time. In my case I have a bass problem at about 57Hz and it shows.

2016-05-08 12.49.27.png

About what I expect to find,,, maybe centered a bit lower.

We shall see... and hear.

copy-paste does ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones