IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

never seen that. weird indeed :|

try asking on Auralic Community's forum ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 minute ago, ale76 said:

See you on melius :-)

no idea why but can't post anymore there (no "reply" window showing, despite being logged in) :|

guess I'll have to read the new rules 9_9

ciao ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

the question "why is there another *possible but usually hidden* number" remains :|

x-D

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, intensemojo said:

Anyone moving up to the new G1 or G2? 

thinking about it. still unsure if I’d better change to Lumin instead ;)

headphones system:

On 8/9/2018 at 10:23 PM, FIndingit said:

I really think Aries is not up to any extra processing and the sq degrades. 

Agreed. As it is Minimserver & Lightning DS give me two slightly different presentations - LDS is slightly drier? I can only assume it is because of the processing?

Interestingly, I have run both Lightning DS & Minimserver for prolonged periods (months at a time). Using LDS the Aries runs flawlessly but with Minimserver it tends to freeze once every couple of weeks on average. Not a big deal but I wonder why that would be?

On 8/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, intensemojo said:

Anyone moving up to the new G1 or G2? 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:31 PM, oldzorki said:

Not at this prices.. I am perfectly satisfied with Auralic Femto. 

Me too, I have no urge at all to change. I now have nothing but linear power supplies in my setup including the NAS & router and any switch mode power supplies in my place are switched off at the wall when I listen to music. It is amazing what a difference there is compared to when I first bought the Aries some 3.5 years ago - the sound is as smooth as silk.

11 hours ago, intensemojo said:

Well I didn't see much on the Aries G1. If there is a thread, could someone point me to it?

Took the leap and am replacing the AF with a G1. Should have it this Wednesday. Wanted the screen and hopefully better wifi. If its sounds better, bonus.

It'll be interesting to hear your impressions. 

I'm curious about your wifi comment. I use wifi with my AF and it has been rock solid using 5G from a Netgear Nighthawk from day one, in fact I don't recall having a dropout - ever.

3 hours ago, Doak said:

Very curious as to how you rate the sound quality of the G1 (after break-in) compared to the Aries Femto. 

TIA

Holding off on sound impressions for another week. It is however three times faster at everything.  Processor upgrade is immediately felt. Like going from an old iphone to a new one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 4:50 PM, intensemojo said:

Holding off on sound impressions for another week. It is however three times faster at everything.  Processor upgrade is immediately felt. Like going from an old iphone to a new one.

Hi intensemojo and everybody in this tread!

Since your receive your new G1, have you find a sound improvement quality compared to the Femto ?

I actually have a Aries LE but after see this tread : https://community.auralic.com/t/aries-and-vega-g1-discussion-and-questions/1718/12

Mr Wang write about improve digital output sound quality between all range and quote the G1 10% better than the femto arie.

I can't beleive this poor difference

thanks for your feedback

The Aries G1 has been in my system for about 3 hours now.

I have used the Aries (Femto) for over 3 years.

IMO Mr. Wang is “sandbagging” on the G1 for whatever reason.

It’s better and substantially so in every conceivable way - and I'm referring mainly to its sound quality.  

At this point the G1 can only get better. 

I will put the original Aries back in the system eventually, but I doubt that my ears are deceiving me.  I’ve listened to/through my “old” Aries for many hundreds if not thousands of hours and it’s sound is pretty much ingrained in my  brain ?..... ?