IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

22 hours ago, mfalcon said:

Has there been any news recently about when the Aries might get an update to firmware 5.2 like the other devices?  Has there been any mention in the past year or so of the Aries possibly working as a NAA?

thanks

My Aries was automatically update to firmware 5.2 a few weeks ago, I believe. My Lightning is running 4.5 under auto updates on my iPad. I think those are both the current production releases. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a silly question. I have been experimenting with my settings on the Aries in the lighting app. But now my dac (mytek brooklyn) is fixed on 32 bit and the music sounds not as good as it should... I don't know how but I might have changed the upsampling settings????. But I can't find where I can change it back....:/........O.o......x-D... I have no idea what i did wrong..... How can I change it back?

1 hour ago, conqubite said:

It was the volume control in the streamer setup. I had enabled it but apparently that made it upsample everything to 32 bit 44 khz..:S Ik disabled volume control again and it was ok after that. Even MQA on my Mytek Brooklyn dac works ok..

Glad you found it. Disable software volume to stay “bit-perfect”, as the MQA light shows.

As noted by others there is a 5.3 Beta Version for the Aries, Aries_LE, but still at 4.1 Release Version. Not sure why Release Version hasn't been updated in a while.

https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206579677-Current-Device-Firmware

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Guido Del Giudice said:

Has anyone tried an SBooster BOTW 15-16V LPS with an Aries Femto and compared it to the supplied Aries LPS?

No, but I have a Sbooster BOTW in my Uptone Audio Regen connected to the Teac UD 501 Dac, and I think it performes very well.

I have use this Sbooster on the Squeezebox Touch with amazing results so I didn't sell it figuring that someday I would use it again.

I have though about upgrading the LPS but in the end my choice was the Uptone Regen and USB mini-cable (on the dac) and Audioquest Jitterbug (on the Aries Femto) and connecting both with Audioquest Carbon USB cable.... great sound!

On 23/01/2018 at 2:05 PM, Guido Del Giudice said:

Has anyone tried an SBooster BOTW 15-16V LPS with an Aries Femto and compared it to the supplied Aries LPS?

Yes - I preferred SBooster Ultra to the Aries LPS which I now use with my Aries SE. That gave a nice improvement to the SE, so I got a double benefit from getting the SBooster. I don’t use the SBooster anymore since I replaced the Femto Aries in my main system with a Zenith SE. 

If anyone is interested in buying a Femto Aries and SBooster Ultra, PM me. I am in the UK.

I have a query: has anyone here with an Aries femto tried the SoTM USB reclocker and compared it with the Regen or ISO Regen?

Source: Intel i3 NUC/fanless/Euphony/Ext SSD) JS-2;

DAC: Mojo Mystique V2/Regen /LPS1.2;Curious USB

Preamp: Music First Audio passive V2/ Morrow cables

Amp: Sanders Electrostatic; Mapleshade power cable

Speakers: Magneplanar 1.7/Hsu vTF2 sub/Room 27x15'  

Misc: eR; extensive anti-vibration; 1.7's on Herbie's footers

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, MNG said:

Yes - I preferred SBooster Ultra to the Aries LPS which I now use with my Aries SE. That gave a nice improvement to the SE, so I got a double benefit from getting the SBooster. I don’t use the SBooster anymore since I replaced the Femto Aries in my main system with a Zenith SE. 

If anyone is interested in buying a Femto Aries and SBooster Ultra, PM me. I am in the UK.

What is "Aries SE" model?

11 minutes ago, Doak said:

What is "Aries SE" model?

I'm thinking typo.

· ARIES LE: The standard model with low-phase noise crystal and standard external PSU. 

· ARIES: The step-up model with two individual FemtoClocks for both USB audio host and digital outputs, low noise internal design to eliminate jitter and AURALiC Purer‐Power™ based 10uV low noise external linear PSU. 

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

On 05/03/2018 at 7:52 PM, Dr Tone said:

I'm thinking typo.

· ARIES LE: The standard model with low-phase noise crystal and standard external PSU. 

· ARIES: The step-up model with two individual FemtoClocks for both USB audio host and digital outputs, low noise internal design to eliminate jitter and AURALiC Purer‐Power™ based 10uV low noise external linear PSU. 

Yes, correct, thank you. I am confusing with my Innuos Zenith SE which is my main device.