IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

1 minute ago, pvanosta said:

You got me (I always get these two confused).

5.1 is my Auralic Altair firmware, not the Lightning DS and it does not apply to your Auralic Aries (which is still on 4.1.0).

This was a message about the release of 5.0, 4 months ago:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/04/auralic-firmware-v5-0-adds-dsp-engine-web-browser-control/

Since then, 5.1 has been released.

Right, thanks for clarifying. I did just read the posts further up, and only just noticed you had an Altair, and not an Aries.

So your problems are being caused by the 5.1 firmware, not by Lightning DS.

I have no idea if the Altair 5.1 FW is identical to the Aries 5.1 FW. I would assume not, which is why 5.1 is in final for the Altair, but still in beta for the Aries.

If you haven't already done so, I would report your issues directly to Auralic for a solution. This is an Aries thread, and there is no guarantee that an issue you are experiencing on the Altair will also appear on the Aries, and visa versa, especially as those Aries users experiencing issues with 5.1 are in fact still essentially testing beta firmware.

On 8/21/2017 at 4:05 PM, Blade1001 said:

Right, thanks for clarifying. I did just read the posts further up, and only just noticed you had an Altair, and not an Aries.

So your problems are being caused by the 5.1 firmware, not by Lightning DS.

I have no idea if the Altair 5.1 FW is identical to the Aries 5.1 FW. I would assume not, which is why 5.1 is in final for the Altair, but still in beta for the Aries.

If you haven't already done so, I would report your issues directly to Auralic for a solution. This is an Aries thread, and there is no guarantee that an issue you are experiencing on the Altair will also appear on the Aries, and visa versa, especially as those Aries users experiencing issues with 5.1 are in fact still essentially testing beta firmware.

Issues have been reported. The only reasons I chimed in on this thread (which I am aware is on Aries): there are far more Aries users than Altair users AND the issues described here in the last 4-5 pages are remarkably similar to what I am experiencing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have a big problem with Firmware 5.1 beta 3 as follows

Essentially, in the web app, the Library Setup page disappears after selecting the options to Consolidate Titles & Smart Title Names

Basically, it started when my playlist and queue tracks began to play randomly rather than in the set sequence. There were also tracks that when I selected to play said they were no longer available. There are multiple entries from the same album under the Artist view on the iOS app. So I chose what I think now to be “Consolidate Titles” and 'Smart Title Names" - I say this because my Library Setup display on the web app has blanked out and I cannot see what the exact term are. They are “on/off” switches at the bottom of the Library Setup page and when selected, they prompt that it doesn’t affect your files but changes the library index.

I selected or turned the above on. My Library Setup page in the web app just became a white page. The iOS app settings for Music Library shows the Lightning Server name but it is grayed out. I cannot do anything there.

What is happening and how do I fix it?

I basically want to have one entry per album, not multiple ones some of which do not play. I also want my playlists to play in sequence as they used to and not randomly. Please help.

On 9/23/2017 at 4:31 PM, mikey8811 said:

Hi

I have a big problem with Firmware 5.1 beta 3 as follows....

:

Please help.

I’ve not had any success with 5.1 beta 3, and gave up on it long ago - and that would be my advise to you too. Alternatively, if you must run BETA software, perhaps share some feedback with Auralic support. Hopefully they’re working on the issues and a final release is not too far away.

On 9/29/2017 at 12:12 PM, Naka said:

So when do we finally get a stable and improved firmware for the Aries?

And I also expect a better sinergy with Tidal on the LDS front: allowing full masters quality and a better and refined search engine.

Adding to this I must say that I love the sound of the current Aries ;) 

The current Beta is fine if you wanted to try that TBH.

On 30/09/2017 at 2:16 PM, George Hincapie said:

The current Beta is fine if you wanted to try that TBH.

I thought much about it but after reading so many reporting failures with the beta I am very hesitant. A great number of the beta testers went back to the 4.1.0.

To be fully honest I am scared that it leads also to a hardware fault even when I go back to the current firmware... 

39 minutes ago, Naka said:

I thought much about it but after reading so many reporting failures with the beta I am very hesitant. A great number of the beta testers went back to the 4.1.0.

To be fully honest I am scared that it leads also to a hardware fault even when I go back to the current firmware... 

I understand completely; it has to be your choice I'm afraid. All I can say is that it worked brilliantly for me.

i am an Aries Mini User and keep the last month a sad eye on all Aries users with their problems...

Sadly after my Iphone 6 update to iOS 11 i got more or less the same problems with lost connections, missing library, unresponseable Lightning DS, Volume jumps ....

Auralic please fix this Problems before it is to late....  

Before updating iOS to 11 my System worked, but far away from flawless... 

Curriosely now i have more or less the same problems reading here from Aries User. 

Apple, Auralic...I don’t know who have to fix it. Compared to my Sonos System and Linn Systems of my Friends I find Auralic had a lot to do in terms of Stability. 

Dont misunderstand me. I like Auralic a lot,  but after looking back the last years, I see me more and more searching for a working system. 

31 minutes ago, Nebeljäger said:

Before updating iOS to 11 my System worked, but far away from flawless... 

Curriosely now i have more or less the same problems reading here from Aries User. 

Apple, Auralic...I don’t know who have to fix it. Compared to my Sonos System and Linn Systems of my Friends I find Auralic had a lot to do in terms of Stability. 

Dont misunderstand me. I like Auralic a lot,  but after looking back the last years, I see me more and more searching for a working system. 

You aren't alone. I had an incredibly frustrating experience with my Aries which would hand and drop connection frequently. I just assumed that was expected behaviour and put up with it, not knowing any different until I bought the Aries Mini as well, which just worked flawlessly from the off.

And with so many newcomers to the business I think that Auralic has to speed up a bit with the reliability problems. But on the other hand the beta versions are free and at users risk.

The current 4.1.0. offers so much (for the sensible price that costed) and is working great without problems. The LDS app has showned the Auralic capacity of resolving problems, since it went from a problematic app to a reality enjoyable and stable interface.

That said, I admit that I love my Aries Femto and the customer service thru this forum is amazing, connecting the users (between them) and brand the designers and engineers, solving problems in a daily basis. For me it is still the streamer to recommend and the free updates of firmware are one of the stronger points.

I´we got a Polaris (Firmware 5.1) WITH problems AND a Aries ( Firmware 4.1.0 ) with NO problems .... so it´s obvious what the problem is. ! ...... I really hope that my Aries stays with 4.1.0 for a long time :-)

And yes ..... i DON'T use the streaming part i Polaris ..... The Aries sounds better too ! :-/ 

I'm using an Aries, firmware 4.1, and iOS 11 - it's as stable as ever, no unusual issues to report.

As I've posted here before, I had absolutely no luck at all with FW 5.X, and believe me I tried. I reverted to 4.1 after a few days of total frustration. It's been OK ever since.

LDS: I wish Auralic would add a few more options, like "Ignore 'the' " as most of my music is found under T! (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc). Otherwise, I'm reasonably happy with the experience.

2 hours ago, mjb said:

I'm using an Aries, firmware 4.1, and iOS 11 - it's as stable as ever, no unusual issues to report.

As I've posted here before, I had absolutely no luck at all with FW 5.X, and believe me I tried. I reverted to 4.1 after a few days of total frustration. It's been OK ever since.

LDS: I wish Auralic would add a few more options, like "Ignore 'the' " as most of my music is found under T! (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc). Otherwise, I'm reasonably happy with the experience.

On a "I wish" topic:

- I wish that the front panel of the Aries could be more usefull.

- And the remote more responsive (my Naim gear has that kind of remote that you can point to everywhere)

- As for the LDS, it could have a better search engine... specially outside the  Lightning Server.

(I never been partial on the looks and the gray metalic plastic color, but there is no point of talking about this now. The new G2 has gone thru the right path)

I've had the Aries mini since launch and not had one bit of bother till the last few weeks. Not made any changes to any of my system. Firmware 4.1, now every time I come to play music it cannot find my music library. Keeps saying library offline. But I know it is online. Aries is just not seeing it for some reason. Tried reloading library without success only way to get it to work is to do a whole new set up. Getting very frustrating. I've decided to give beta 5 a go to see if it improves anything.