IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

5.0 is still only a beta version.

4.1.0 is the current device version. Confirmed by Auralic's home page and also my Aries would have done a automatic update to version 5.0 if this was a new and final device version.

Several hours with lot of trouble yesterday with beta 5.0.5 trying to update my Lightning server with som new HD music and rescannining my library several times, only to completely stopp scanning and lost contact to my network :mad:.. I'm back on 4.1.0 and will not test the new beta 5.0 version...

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

Very, VERY frustrated. Can't get Aries online. LDS can't find it on network or Aries can't see DAC. Can't listen to music. 

Think I'll have to get my TT back online. Bought some LPs today for the 1st time in a few years.

Negotiating with Lampizator to upgrade/swap out my DAC. Starting to wondr if it is worth the time, effort, $$.

I think Auralic has seriously screwed up this time.

It did the entire scan in a few hours.

Today I turned it on and started playing music. After one track, the music stopped. Lightning DS was still on but the Aries was totally unresponsive. Going to Settings, everything was greyed out.

I did a reboot of the Aries and it started playing again.

I wish they would check this stuff before an update.

I am shopping for another streamer.

I've the same issue with 4.1 and Wi-Fi. No issues with ethernet wirh 5.0 beta. I didn't test with the latest version (5.0). I've a new DAC to test during 14 days, i hope that my Aries will work tonight and this week ...

My Aries has been effectively "knee-capped." Can't get it to work at all now. Spending a lot of time wrestling with it.

Right now is is trying to scan a 250GB SSD that usually takes less than 1 minute. It's been scanning for over 10 at this point and then I'll see if I can get it to play.

LDS has not been able to find the Aries at all this morning. I t is not showing up in scan SW I use either.

2 minutes ago, Doak said:

My Aries has been effectively "knee-capped." Can't get it to work at all now. Spending a lot of time wrestling with it.

Right now is is trying to scan a 250GB SSD that usually takes less than 1 minute. It's been scanning for over 10 at this point and then I'll see if I can get it to play.

LDS has not been able to find the Aries at all this morning. I t is not showing up in scan SW I use either.

I gave my last feedback to Auralic. They seem intent on not producing a fix but asked me again to leave the beta programme and downgrade to 4.1 since it doesn't work in my environment.

It would be interesting to see if they say the same to you when you write to them.

Which Lampi are you upgrading to? The Golden Gate or the Atlantic?

4 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

Has 5.0 actually been released and pushed to Aries boxes now, or are you guys still discussing an opt in beta?

http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206579677-Current-Device-Firmware

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 hours ago, pl_svn said:

So no 5.0 for Aries (yet)? This is what the above seems to indicate - might be out of date.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

6 minutes ago, mikey8811 said:

Miguelito, you did the right thing and moved on to the uRendu....

I actually still have the Aries so curious. I am too lazy to sell it. Anyone interested?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics