IGNORED

Article: Norma Audio HS-DA1 DAC Review

Great review Chris, and thanks for the heads up on Laith Al-Saadi, what a fantastic voice that guy has. I'm adding that one to my collection!

MacBook Pro (2011) -> PureMusic 1.8 -> USB -> Burson Audio HA-160D -> Audez\'e LCD-2[br]Macbook Pro (2011) -> PureMusic 1.8 -> USB -> Burson Audio HA-160D -> Emotiva UPA-2 -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1\'s

Hi Chris, thanks for the informative review and great photo's of the units internal parts. Chris did you listen to the HS-DA1 headphone amplifier? As I'm interested in purchasing a small footprint DAC/AMP combo and this kit sounds (no pun intended) ideal. Does the headphone amp section stack up well against comparable units? Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are just two question, I would love to hear your answer. Comparison with current "benchmarks" like similarly priced Chord Hugo (looking forward to reading its formal review). Leave aside functionality. Only sound matters:). And whether you played on usb or used a link?

There are just two question, I would love to hear your answer. Comparison with current "benchmarks" like similarly priced Chord Hugo (looking forward to reading its formal review). Leave aside functionality. Only sound matters:). And whether you played on usb or used a link?

I don't have a Chord Hugo. Ted will be reviewing that unit I believe.

I used USB and AES inputs.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
And what about comparison with Auralic Vega that is more expensive and you know it well?

auralic vega or hugo or Norma HS-DA1 that is the question...

what are the differences so I can buy one based on my preference...

Nomra is close to vinyl?

Hugo is lean and fast?

Auralic is lean and fast?

Which one throws a wider sound stage? No idea...so far

Music after life

• 2 weeks later...

The Aries is not a dac.Repeat. The Aries is not a dac.