IGNORED

Offline Upsampling

Jud

Studio Audio File Converter AuI ConverteR 48x44 6.0 Released

1. Support 705 and 768 kHz input and output sample rates for WAV and AIFF files.

2. Safe CD ripper with additional recovering abilities under Windows.

3. Performance is improved for intensive logging.

For version 6.x planned other improvements.

Read more Studio Audio File Converter AuI ConverteR 48x44 6.0 Released

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

This wonderful program is always getting improvements...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

• 2 weeks later...

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

• 2 weeks later...

How to convert audio files under Linux Ubuntu with AuI ConverteR 48x44 (under Wine)

AuI's CD ripper still not work under Ubuntu.

On track don't displayed under Wine.

Possibly there is user rights issue.

I learns it now.

Re-worked article about 1-bit audio ISO to PCM and ISO to DSF conversion. Added description of errors and new interface elements How convert ISO to DSF WAV FLAC AIFF without clicks. User manual

• 2 weeks later...

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.1. Applied DSF D1024 New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.1. Applied DSF D1024

Here article with examples of click reasons for ISO extraction. I planned write one article, but there too many stuff. So I divided it to several articles and will write and publish in several texts Extract ISO to DSF PCM. Clicks Issues. Part 1

Extract ISO to DSF PCM. Clicks Issues. Albums with operas, live concerts, etc. Part 2. Extract ISO to DSF PCM. Clicks Issues. Part 2

Continuation of the article about click matter into DSF and PCM (FLAC, WAV, AIFF, etc.) files after ISO (1-bit audio) extraction. Clicks placed into pauses between tracks are reviewed. Extract ISO to DSF PCM. Clicks Issues. Part 3

• 4 weeks later...

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.2. Applied Downmix 5.1 to Stereo New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.2. Applied Downmix 5.1 to Stereo

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.2.2. Fixed Bug Output Format Displaying New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.2.2. Fixed Bug Output Format Displaying

The issue was linked with translation functionality that appeared in v.6.2. But now it fixed.

Currently I develop wideband (up to 100 kHz, depend on combination of input and output sample rates) mode DSF/DFF/PCM to DSF/PCM conversion. I plan release this update in January 2017.

Can you help me with a question on volume levels?

When I upsample a 44.1khz to a DSF file (256k - 11289600), and play the file in Roon local,

the volume level seems to be down significantly.

Is that part of the upsample process, the Roon player or my Holo Spring Dac?

Should I compensate in any way?

Thanks,

Jeff

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

Can you help me with a question on volume levels?

When I upsample a 44.1khz to a DSF file (256k - 11289600), and play the file in Roon local,

the volume level seems to be down significantly.

Is that part of the upsample process, the Roon player or my Holo Spring Dac?

Should I compensate in any way?

Hi Jeff,

AuI ConverteR have -0.4 dB gain for conversion PCM to DSF.

An audio player software and DAC may have different gain for playback PCM and DSD.

If original audio file have loudness reserve, you can increase gain manually or automatically (Auto Level Normalization: How Maximize Loudness Audio File and Avoid Overload).

If original audio file havn’t loudness reserve, need use settings of audio player software or hardware.

Though, if you listen by albums, I suppose difference of album levels is allowable.

Best regards,

Yuri

• 3 weeks later...

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.3. Wide band (up to 100 kHz) for ISO/DFF/DSF/PCM Conversion New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.3. Wide band (up to 100 kHz) for ISO/DFF/DSF/PCM Conversion

What is the significance of this 100khz wide band?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

What is the significance of this 100khz wide band?

Aim of applying of new 100 kHz filter is wider covering of 1-bit audio abilities.

As before, I consider 20 kHz limitation as better choice.

Because current theory and experience show us that we practically hear up to 16 … 20 kHz.

As far as I know, there are researches about brain response to ultrasound: ARTICLES | Journal of Neurophysiology

I keep open mind for new information.

Now appear possibility to compare optimised, non-optimised (band up to 27 kHz), wide (band up to 100 kHz) modes from one software.

As developer I collect links between measurable parameters and subjective perceptions.

I control features of the filters. It need for decreasing number of unknown variables.

May be it allow me to get or/and synthesize new hypothesis about ultrasound perception.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.6.4. Improved ISO target directory management http://samplerateconverter.com/content/new-aui-converter-48x44-v64-improved-iso-target-directory-management

New video "What Inside DSD Converter of Audio Files"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mIsJh-mTXmQ

• 2 weeks later...

New video about management of target directory for converted audio fIles (user manual of AuI ConverteR)

vide

Educational articles list by Audiophile Inventory http://samplerateconverter.com/content/audio-basis-educational-articles

AuI ConverteR 48x44's Tutorials (systematized "how to..." manuals and articles) http://samplerateconverter.com/content/aui-converter-48x44-tutorials

How to Improve Sound Quality of playback device (DAC, music server, portable digital audio player, mobile phone, etc.) via audio file optimisation http://samplerateconverter.com/content/how-improve-sound-quality

• 2 weeks later...

What is True Gapless Conversion of Audio Files (reworked article for user manual)
http://samplerateconverter.com/content/true-gapless-conversion-audio-files