IGNORED

Wireless Speakers dilema, advice needed.

Hi there. I've got a sound system already set up (i'll describe it later) and I want to add to it. I want to add speakers that would be connected wireless to the main setup and then placed in my bathroom. I rent, so I can't be running cables through the walls to speakers I would have embedded into the bathroom walls. I want to place speakers on a shelf next to a power outlet and have them get their feed from the main system located in my living room. I don't know the best way to get the feed from my system to the bathroom speakers, also I would like suggestions about what speakers would best suite my bathroom.

Here i'll describe my setup. There are two devices currently that produce sound. One is an entertainment PC, and my XBox 360. Both have their audio outputs connected to my TV. This way I can use the one remote to control the output volume of either device. My TV is a Vizio VO320E. My TV then sends its audio to a 4 channel mixer via RCA audio output. The Mixer is a Eurorack UB802. I use this mixer so that I can plug in other devices on the fly if I so choose (ipod, droid bionic, guitars, etc...) as well as play with the EQ on the fly. The main out from the mixer is then sent to my Pioneer amp (VSX-D209) and then to my Fisher STV-9238 speakers and Panasonic SB-WA54 sub woofer.

The entrance to the bathroom is located about 15ft from the mixer. The bathroom isn't terribly large and has no sound deadening really, so there is a bit of reverb generated by the bathroom itself.

Ideally I'd like to have the hypothetical bathroom speakers get their feed from either the mixer or Pioneer amp. If we can keep it on the cheap that'd be ideal, but suggestions geared towards optimum quality would also do nicely. Hopefully someone has thought of a scenario like this or has dealt with a similar dilemma as well. Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to hearing your brainstorming.

Panopticon36

Would W3 Wireless Audio Adapter and a set of powered speakers work for you?

Transmitter From 3.5mm audio devices iPod,MP3,MP4,TV.. To Bluetooth Stereo Audio | eBay to Bluetooth speakers could be another option.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

That doesn't look like a bad idea at all, the W3 Wireless audio adapter. Is there anything like that with a smaller price tag?

Sorry... I added my second thought after I posted the first...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

It looks like a good idea, now I just need to find a nice bluetooth sound bar or some other bluetooth type speaker that we know will pair up with that device successfully.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but does this device have two audio inputs? one female and one male separately?

Also, any thoughts on something like this? http://www.amazon.com/ZPS-Wireless-Double-Stereo-Transmitter/dp/B00ITPHRY0

If I am not mistaken, I would plug in the USB for power, use the 3.5 for source, and just use a radio tuned to the correct channel? Has anyone had any experience with this or a device like this? My questions are, how strong is the signal, how is the range, is it hard to find the FM freq that the device broadcasts on.

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to go bluetooth. That is, to add a bluetooth transmitter to one of the outputs from my mixer, and have that paired with a bluetooth sound bar in my bathroom. I'm still having trouble figuring out the proper search criteria to find such a bluetooth transmitter. But if i'm not mistaken, this Wireless Bluetooth A2DP 3.5mm Stereo HiFi Audio Dongle Adapter Transmitter - Newegg.com is for sending the signal and not receiving right? I dont want to accidentally get something that is only a receiver. A second opinion on this product would be great.