IGNORED

Geek Wave: No Compromise Portable Music Player

The updated Geek Wave IGG campaign went live this morning based on feedback they received and it looks like it may be fully-funded in one day. They have some 24 hour specials & discounts for Geek Force members. I'm liking how it can be used at home, on-the-go, and in the car (which is something I can't do right now).

geek_wave_horizontal.jpg

It's a portable self-contained digital music player that supports PCM up to DXD and DSD128:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKlEAehXZLI

The Wave can be controlled directly from it's display and controls, or from iOS and Android via Blutooth, and it comes in four configurations from a 64GB 160mW version up to a 128GB dual-mono femto clock monster with a replaceable 5000 mAh Li-Ion battery. All the versions also have an SDXC memory card slot that supports up to 2TB. I checked on Amazon and Newegg and it looks like 128 and 256GB are the most common. I'm liking the XD128... ^^

geek_wave_chart.jpg

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

I'm sorry to sound negative but are they out if their minds? $400 or so now for something you may get in close to a years time????

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Acoustic Research M1 player can do same, right now.

but at $2500, same with the Astell Kern both of those options are a little expensive.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

The Fiio X5 is pretty stellar and it's $350. The Fiio X7 that's due out next year is rumored to be $599 and on par with the A&K.

FiiO

FiiO X7, maybe it is your ideal music player? ----Let

and since we're at it, here's what the hardcore portable guys are saying about the Geek Wave Geek Wave

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

New perks and payment plans have been added to the IGG campaign: wink.gif

Saturday Upgrade Event

Happy Friday everyone! It's been a great first week to our campaign and we're so happy and thankful for your support of "the reboot." Before you head our for the weekend, I want to give you a heads up on something we'll be doing on the campaign tomorrow. We're calling it the Saturday Upgrade Event.

At 1:00PM Pacific time tomorrow, we'll be releasing some new perks:

1 - Upgrade from Geek Wave 64 to Geek Wave X 128

2 - Upgrade from Geek Wave 64 to Geek Wave xD 128

In addition, we're going to add some Payment Plan perks for the Geek Wave X 128 and xD 128. =)

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6 more days to go on this campaign. In recent days, they've added a Wave w/ only 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded with memory cards and it only costs about $160. Good price on this one but they only 10 have more of these left. They've also added upgrade options for the clocks, THD, and IEMs.

http://igg.me/at/geek-wave/x/5192359

Pre-ordered one of those Wave 32's yesterday and just now added the dual dac chips and IEM package upgrades.

The $333,333 stretch goal is to add stand-alone DAC capability, but I'm unclear what that means. There looks to be a mini USB on the for loading sound files....would that turn into an asynchronous digital audio input?

• 7 months later...