IGNORED

HQ Player

6 hours ago, paulmckwan said:

Just upgrade from 3.24.0 to 3.25.1, and find the ext2 filter can upsample to 192kHz as config in setting no matter what frequency family is playing; where it will upsample to 176.4 when the music is in 44.1 family before.

Is this family restriction relaxed, or I just misconfigured before ?

I don't remember anymore, but I may have had a bug before that was unnecessarily restricting it. It can certainly convert between families.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 minute ago, Whitigir said:

I don’t know how to compose a log file for the 768KHz Upsampling problems.  

I also tried the gtx1030 for CUDA offload, which doesn’t really help much ...going to go with 1060 now and hoping for a better result 

You can just enable log file and attempt those playback scenarios and then email the log file to me.

How much different models help depend on your already existing CPU. GTX1060 can do some things already, but it is not very powerful. The newer RTX 2xxx series is more powerful, but still the upcoming smallest versions are not so great. I have RTX 2080 and it is quite nice.

7 hours ago, Miska said:

You can just enable log file and attempt those playback scenarios and then email the log file to me.

How much different models help depend on your already existing CPU. GTX1060 can do some things already, but it is not very powerful. The newer RTX 2xxx series is more powerful, but still the upcoming smallest versions are not so great. I have RTX 2080 and it is quite nice.

What I am afraid is about the passive cooling ability :( I defintely want something as powerful as rtx2080 and have a way to passive cool it 

using upsampling to dsd512 and PCM now has a weird channel inverted.  Using pcm and the Left is left and right is right, where as Upsampling to DSD512 the right is now left and the left is now right ?, version 3.25.1

27 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

using upsampling to dsd512 and PCM now has a weird channel inverted.  Using pcm and the Left is left and right is right, where as Upsampling to DSD512 the right is now left and the left is now right ?, version 3.25.1

That is usually a DAC bug, quite many DACs have had such bugs in the past...

3 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

Is there a way to fix this ? :(

You need to ask DAC manufacturer to provide firmware update. You can also swap the channels using Matrix Pipeline processing in HQPlayer if you want, but if you regularly switch between PCM and DSD output modes it is not very convenient.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:36 PM, Le Concombre Masqué said:

how come you output PCM ? With SDM music comes and goes like particles in quantum vacuum. Really, that's the image that came to my mind 

I'm really happy with 3.24,

best

For couple of days I am converting PCM to SDM with sinc-M and DSD5v2 (DirectSDM checked) to an amazing results. I am really enchanted with the sound and as per now my PCM months are over.

1 hour ago, Jigafur said:

Anyone tried HQplayer (multichannel asio) with sound card E-MU 1616m PCIe? Windows or Linux?

Or E-MU 1820m

Will it work?

I have not heard anybody trying it, but if you already have the hardware you could just try it out. Trial is free.

I'm not sure about Linux support for those cards, but I would expect Windows with ASIO driver work.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

I have not heard anybody trying it, but if you already have the hardware you could just try it out. Trial is free.

hello, can you tell me about 2 moments

1) Which type of FIR using HQplayer? Straight or Fast-Fourier? Or IIR?

2) Can i send multichannel from one PC to second PC with linux with NAA?

On 11/22/2018 at 1:55 AM, Miska said:

Yes, technically the conversion is implemented in a different way, but they both do direct conversion.

Forgot to ask one follow-up here.

What are the main differences in implementation, between the Burr Brown DSD1793 chip and the AKM 4497, in their direct conversion modes?

AK4497 seems to be a bit difference design and datasheet doesn't provide much details. So I first need to get my hands on a DAC with it before having some kind of view how it behaves.

But generally TI chips have multi-element current source array, more like DAC8 DSD, Holo, Denafrips or my DSC1. While Cirrus Logic and AKM run bitstream to a switched capacitor low pass filter output stage.

5 hours ago, Miska said:

AK4497 seems to be a bit difference design and datasheet doesn't provide much details. So I first need to get my hands on a DAC with it before having some kind of view how it behaves.

But generally TI chips have multi-element current source array, more like DAC8 DSD, Holo, Denafrips or my DSC1. While Cirrus Logic and AKM run bitstream to a switched capacitor low pass filter output stage.

Is another difference - the AKM chips can only run in “slave” mode?