IGNORED

HQ Player

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, I think I've listed the standard channels in the manual too, but the standard order is:

1. Left
  2. Right
  3. Center
  4. LFE
  5. Left rear
  6. Right rear
  7. Left side
  8. Right side

PCM files should usually have silence in the unused channels if they are in the middle of this list. WAV technically can have information about the channel layout, but these are rarely used correctly what I've seen and thus not really supported right now. AIFF doesn't even have such as part of the standard.

For FLAC and DSD files, HQPlayer always read files that have more than stereo in such way that output is 5.1 or 7.1, so silence is inserted to unused channels.

4.1 is usually never supported by the formats, you have either quad; 4.0 like the original DSOTM and some other mixes from that era. Or then you have 5.1 with silent center if it doesn't exist. Lot of DSD/SACD content is 5.0, so without LFE channel.

Yes, convolution engine file selections are cross-written between matrix and convolution dialogs. HQPlayer Embedded is doing this in a different way.

Thank you,

So I just keep the same setting/attenuation of the Rear channels for the original DSOTM 4.0 ? They should no be lowered since there's no Center ?

3 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

So I just keep the same setting/attenuation of the Rear channels for the original DSOTM 4.0 ? They should no be lowered since there's no Center ?

Relative levels are the same, you can then adjust total volume with HQPlayer's volume control...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, blue2 said:

Do you have a list of discrete DSD DAC's (T+A DSD 8 DAC, PDP 3000 HV and your Signalyst DSC1, ...)? There are also some that are chip based e.g. AK4490 that have a DSD only path so no conversion takes place.

I haven't been collecting any list, but there are those, Holo Audio ones, Denafrips, etc.

TEAC makes DACs with those AKM chips as well as RME ADI-2 and few others...

On 11/4/2018 at 5:04 AM, Miska said:

AFAIK all Pi's have same problem. For some stupid reason, they put Ethernet interface on the same USB bus as the USB type-A connectors are and this is one of the primary reasons for problems.

Actually, come to think of it, I am using a pi3 connected to a Project S2 DAC and DSD512 works...so I think there is sufficient bandwidth/horsepower.  My issue is the pi3 dietpi kernel does not recognize my Auralic Vega (but it does the S2 DAC).  And hence, the question of adding Vega support via a kernel patch.  Any ideas?  Thanks!  Hammer

On 9/20/2018 at 3:13 AM, Miska said:

Please go to Windows Control Panel -> Sound and then to properties of your DAC. From there to the Advanced-tab and see what formats are listed for the Default Format. These are the ones available from the WASAPI driver.

Here's an example from a TEAC DAC:

teac-properties1.thumb.png.f71e2f5ac30fad8b6cf262b03c4eeb22.pngteac-properties2.thumb.png.4a6ea65992d9c06a41a7e658adce1129.png

Does your DAC come with ASIO driver too? If it does, it may be good idea to try that one.

I just got a new interface, gustard U16

the PCM in both WASAPI or ASIO is unable to have any sound when using 768KHz, 384Khz plays fine.  Please advise 

15 hours ago, ddetaey said:

Lots of high resolution downloads today are in fact limited to 44kHz/24bits.

Does these 8 extra bits during recording/production bring real value when upsampling with HQplayer?

It depends on recording. Good recordings can have 1 - 4 bits of extra dynamic range, and electronic music can have even all 8 bits of extra dynamic range in use. Sometimes mastering may be less compressed for the 24-bit "hires" version. But when I already have RedBook version of a recording, I rarely buy 44.1/24 "hires" version of it. If I'm buying something new that I don't already have, I'm ready to pay a little extra to get 44.1/24 version instead of RedBook. Especially if it means I don't need to buy a physical CD and rip it, and I get nicely the metadata with download too.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:27 PM, Hammer said:

Actually, come to think of it, I am using a pi3 connected to a Project S2 DAC and DSD512 works...so I think there is sufficient bandwidth/horsepower.  My issue is the pi3 dietpi kernel does not recognize my Auralic Vega (but it does the S2 DAC).  And hence, the question of adding Vega support via a kernel patch.  Any ideas?  Thanks!  Hammer

This would need new DietPi kernel from  @Daniel Knight... Or you can try with my bootable Pi3 NAA image.

2 hours ago, Whitigir said:

It is the same as my Ibasso DX200.  It wouldn’t have any sound doing 768K, but 386K is fine, and 768K Offline conversion is fine :(

Are you running out of CPU power? Doesn't sound likely though, usually you would anyway get stuttering music.

Is your 768k offline conversion playing at 768k or something else?

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Are you running out of CPU power? Doesn't sound likely though, usually you would anyway get stuttering music.

Is your 768k offline conversion playing at 768k or something else?

It display 705K on the Gustard interface, but DAC is unlock, like not getting anything.

very true when I run out of power I get stuttering sound.  The PC can handle many DSD512, so I think it is adequate 

28 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

It display 705K on the Gustard interface, but DAC is unlock, like not getting anything.

very true when I run out of power I get stuttering sound.  The PC can handle many DSD512, so I think it is adequate 

It sounds like it is just not working. You could try asking the manufacturer what is going on...

1 hour ago, Whitigir said:

I play back the 768K on Ibasso DX200 by the stock Mango player app.  It displays 768KHz. This app doesn’t play any sound when Upsampling via HQPlayer ?  I am just thinking there is something within HQPlayer about 768 that I configuring wrong 

Log file could tell what is going on, but it is better to exchange log file stuff over email rather than a forum thread.

I just upgraded to 3.25.1.  Everything seems to be running fine but I noticed that when I start HQ Player (it loads from a .bat file run in a command box) 2 windows open up.  One is the normal HQP window.  The other is an empty window.  The empty window is associated with HQP based on cycling through the open windows.

Is this normal?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

4 hours ago, dminches said:

I just upgraded to 3.25.1.  Everything seems to be running fine but I noticed that when I start HQ Player (it loads from a .bat file run in a command box) 2 windows open up.  One is the normal HQP window.  The other is an empty window.  The empty window is associated with HQP based on cycling through the open windows.

Is this normal?

That is probably the alternative GUI (originally called full screen / touch interface). If it is black, then OpenGL driver for the GPU is not functioning correctly... You can close that window if you don't want it. At some point I made it open by default unless it has been previously closed.

21 hours ago, Miska said:

That is probably the alternative GUI (originally called full screen / touch interface). If it is black, then OpenGL driver for the GPU is not functioning correctly... You can close that window if you don't want it. At some point I made it open by default unless it has been previously closed.

It is white.  It isn't really an issue.  I just wanted to make sure something wasn't happening that shouldn't be.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

29 minutes ago, dminches said:

It is white.  It isn't really an issue.  I just wanted to make sure something wasn't happening that shouldn't be.

You are supposed to get a nice (?) looking GUI on that other window. If that's not happening, the graphics drivers are doing something funky. But if you don't mind that, you can close the window and stick to the traditional desktop interface without harm.