IGNORED

HQ Player

7 hours ago, Mogos said:

JRiver has support for VST plugins and HQPlayer don't.

VST plugins don't support DSD, that's one reason why they cannot be supported by HQPlayer. I want to have all the same DSP capabilities for both PCM and DSD.

7 hours ago, Mogos said:

I imagined to run both JRiver and HQPlayer Embeded (if it will available for windows) on the Windows system and connect them.

That is not possible...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I need to re-purchase the program afet High Sierra completely messed up my Mac HD.  The link at Signalyst is with error.  Is there another link to purcahse and download that works?  Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

47 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Good luck. I never could get this to work consistently but that was several years ago so it may be better now.

Ok it my be like that. But if it works will it be possible to connect JRiver with HQ Embeded (it is very theoretical question as there is no HQ embeded for Windows) with virtual cables.

Miska... OSX link not working.. ???

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Good evening at all; sorry for my little english;

I would like to look for someone to compare opinions about my cpu.

I have convolution filters as wav 32 but 44khz and i can convolve every dsf64  file without any problem;

I have an old i5 4690 with a ak4490 jl sounds dac;  there is no way to obtain convolve with dsd 128 files; the sound stop and go, and I've tryed any combination possible of filters, turn down intel speed step, thermal throttling etc..

Some of you have a cpu like this?

Thank you so much..

Dani

For what it's worth, it looks like Apple is moving to make FLAC a supported format.  The new, soon to be shipping HomePod is listed for FLAC compatibility (but strangely, the latest iTunes update still does not yet have compatibility).  Also, OS X High Sierra and iOS 11 already support playback from the OS level.  I'm not sure how the HomePod is supposed to support FLAC without iTunes but it seems that full FLAC compatibility is right around the corner.

Apple is right on time again sixteen years ago.  But I'm grateful it's not a DRM monster.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

I love HQ Player.  I even ordered a back up disc "just in case."  FYI, disk came from Rimage, their Fulfillment Center in Mn. , broken.  Packaging is poor ( simple envelope with a piece of thin paper behind).  In order to get it replaced my "time & effort" will be more than the $ 12.50 I paid.  Just for "you" to know.  Enjoy the great player that Jussi endears to us.  

Further.. I just heard back from Rimage who offered top rerun the disc, send it out and informed me, "... the packaging is pre-determined by the company that I purchased the disc from, "Shareit,"

Freesteve, what are you trying to accomplish with a backup disc?  HQplayer is downloaded from the SIgnalyst site.  Just save your purchase key from the site.  What am I missing?

ted_b... Unfortunately the HiSierra update, which I have mentioned on another post, corrupted my computer and my ext. HD that stored my HQ Player info so I am just being "overly cautious" this time.  I know, store on a usb , etc.  as well.   Also  to make Jussi aware... Thanks for your input.

:D

I recently found an odd issue of ifi micro DSD BL especially at DSD512 upsampling with HQplayer.

I'm aware that 48K rate is unavailable for DSD512 on windows OS, so I untick the auto rate family option and  SDM pack was set for "none". However, the dac will somehow stop receiving the signal from PC/HQplayer from time to time, though on HQplayer interface, the music seems to be still played as the music time bar still moves on). The only solution to it is to unplug and replug the USB cable, turn on the ifi again and restart the HQplayer. The frequency of this issue is quite often, and I also found that this can be usually caused by playing different sampling rate files. Such as jump from 44.1k to 48K files. The experience is quite annoying.

Another thing I found is that: if I set the SDM pack as "DoP", this issue will never occur. However, DSD512 cannot be achieved, only available at 256 x 44.1K or 48k as you may know.

The ifi control panel shows 2 active asio clients. I'm wondering whether these two stands for "none" and "DoP" respectively? If so, one of the asio clients must be a bit faulty.

5a7526bde3beb_IFIasioclients.thumb.png.4a2fa3a02c5ba95c4fd33bdf984e557e.png

Has any one experienced something similar? 

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

On 2/3/2018 at 5:09 AM, louisxiawei said:

The frequency of this issue is quite often, and I also found that this can be usually caused by playing different sampling rate files. Such as jump from 44.1k to 48K files. The experience is quite annoying.

Have you set buffer settings to max/safest in the iFi ASIO driver's control panel? And "Buffer time" in HQPlayer settings to "Default"?

Could be a driver/firmware bug too...

You could have better luck with Linux.

@Miska Would it be possible to have HQPlayer Desktop remember the size of its library columns?

Please look at attached picture. Artist column size depends on the longest name in that category and it may take a lot of space, making column size very large. So in order to see Path (sometimes it's needed to see resolution size), every time I need to resize Artist column which is inconvenient.

It would be good if I resize a column and HQPD sticks to that size when I reopen it.  

HQPD.jpg

Well yes, sort of, but it has it's sides. So either it is auto-adjusting to fit the content and it is consequently not restored. Or it is restored, but doesn't auto-adjust, so everyone would need to adjust it at least once. Same for the other columns.

I would just edit the ridiculously long artist name in the library view to be something sensible.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Well yes, sort of, but it has it's sides. So either it is auto-adjusting to fit the content and it is consequently not restored. Or it is restored, but doesn't auto-adjust, so everyone would need to adjust it at least once. Same for the other columns.

I would just edit the ridiculously long artist name in the library view to be something sensible.

I would prefer to have to adjust once and be done.

I am sorry, but some artist have "ridiculously long names" especially if it's a group of four. I prefer to resize the columns once and keep their names unaltered. .

Here is another enhancement request:

On Windows, if hqplayer is accidentally started with no dac connection, it reverts to full volume and auto in the sdm/pcm/auto chooser. This new setting is now sticky until changed. This can be dangerous if one plays without realizing that the settings have changed.

I would like to see a way to make the sdm/pxm/ auto and volume choices sticky even if the DAC is missing on a restart.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio