IGNORED

HQ Player

26 minutes ago, sig8 said:

Does Buffer setting have any impact on sound quality? My processor (i7 6700) is clocking at 95% at Default, when I increase it to 250ms, it is lot calmer. That is when converting 44.1 to DSD 512. I am liking this up conversion.

What other setting are you using?  I am using an old i7-3770s and my cpu utilization is about 85% converting to DSD512 but I am using the -2s filters.  I just bought a used i7-6700 because I am having trouble converting to DSD512 from high res FLAC or DSD64.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

10 hours ago, tboooe said:

What other setting are you using?  I am using an old i7-3770s and my cpu utilization is about 85% converting to DSD512 but I am using the -2s filters.  I just bought a used i7-6700 because I am having trouble converting to DSD512 from high res FLAC or DSD64.

I am using poly-sinc and ASDM7.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:25 PM, jpowell said:

I've just sent you the log via email, Miska. I'm using "3.16". I can't find a more granular version number anywhere--where would I find that? Or perhaps that just means I'm at the base level for 3.16.

I created a small playlist with alternating dsd, pcm, dsd, pcm files in Roon and then duplicated those files in a folder, which I dragged into HQPlayer. They played without a hitch in HQPlayer directly. They also play with no problem through Roon when I bypass HQP (playing on another remote computer, for example, with a local audio driver set in Roon). But playing them in Roon through HQP behaves as I described before. The log I sent is of the latter scenario--started song 1 (dsd), jumped ahead to near the end and resumed play, and stop at the last second of playback. Then I press "skip to next song," it resumes play on the pcm. I jump to near the end, resume play, and it continues to the next dsd with no problem. Repeat as above indefinitely.

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

Miska, just wondering if there's something more I should be doing to help address/identify this issue? I'd love to get this problem resolved eventually, since it means that currently I have to screen out any dsd files completely from any kind of playlist I create. Not the end of the world, but frustrating...

Thanks!

Jerry

--Jerry

On 7/22/2017 at 0:33 PM, firedog said:

I have the same issue. Playlists in HQP/Roon pairing stop at the end of songs. Seemingly randomly. It works for a few songs and then randomly stops at the end of a given song. 

My understanding is that Miska is working on a solution. 

I'd guess that seeing more log files of such an event could only help him. Unless he tells us otherwise.

I have the same stopping issue here with Roon/HQP.

Just recently I noticed that it only happens when the song queued up next has a different sampling rate than the song that just finished playing.

Songs are randomly stopping just before they end for me too with my HQP/Roon combo. But for me, it's not happening because of sample rate changes. It happens for me even when I'm repeating a single track, but not in any predictable way.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

On 7/30/2017 at 9:03 PM, k6davis said:

Songs are randomly stopping just before they end for me too with my HQP/Roon combo. But for me, it's not happening because of sample rate changes. It happens for me even when I'm repeating a single track, but not in any predictable way.

I went back to HQP version 3.15.1.  

No problem now.  It will play all day without stopping.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:12 AM, jpowell said:

Miska, just wondering if there's something more I should be doing to help address/identify this issue? I'd love to get this problem resolved eventually, since it means that currently I have to screen out any dsd files completely from any kind of playlist I create. Not the end of the world, but frustrating...

3.16 is "3.16.0", most recent is 3.16.4. All the earlier versions have known issues, so please always make sure you are running the latest version. :)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Such a wonderful program.  Miska will get it done, always...  

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

11 hours ago, Miska said:

3.16 is "3.16.0", most recent is 3.16.4. All the earlier versions have known issues, so please always make sure you are running the latest version. :)

Thanks for the clarification, Miska. I have updated to 3.16.4 on my SGM2015. Unfortunately it has not affected the problem for me: if I run a playlist with a mixture of dsd and pcm tracks, it will halt 100% of the time at the end of the dsd tracks (pressing "next track" moves it on each time), whereas it never halts at the end of the pcm tracks.

I'm outputting to an Aqua Formula, which only accepts pcm, so HQPlayer is providing the dsd to pcm conversion.

I've tested, incidentally, the built-in Roon sample rate conversion and have not experienced any problems with hanging there.

If there are any other configuration parameters I should experiment with, please let me know.

Thanks again.

--Jerry

@jpowell Have you contact SGM support? 

Have you try to roll back to the original version before this error exist.

Roon also just roll out a new version you might want to take a look.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

I will reach out to SGM support to see if any other of their customers are experiencing this same problem. Good thought. Though it appears to be specifically related to HQPlayer, based on the testing I've done plus the assorted other 'similar' types of problems that have been reported here and that Miska has alluded to himself.

I have no 'previous' version to roll back to, since I've only begun introducing some dsd files into my Roon collection in the last few months--and this problem was evident from day one after adding the dsd files.

I'm on the latest Roon version already, but the problem has been present through the last couple of versions, in any event.

Thanks for your suggestions.

--Jerry

3 hours ago, jpowell said:

Thanks for the clarification, Miska. I have updated to 3.16.4 on my SGM2015. Unfortunately it has not affected the problem for me: if I run a playlist with a mixture of dsd and pcm tracks, it will halt 100% of the time at the end of the dsd tracks (pressing "next track" moves it on each time), whereas it never halts at the end of the pcm tracks.

I'm outputting to an Aqua Formula, which only accepts pcm, so HQPlayer is providing the dsd to pcm conversion.

Yes, seems to happen at the end of DSD track if next track is a PCM track, but not if next track is a DSD track.

Roon doesn't even try to tell HQPlayer about the next track at the end of the DSD track followed by a PCM track. It just sits there and eventually gives up sitting and talking to HQPlayer.

44 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, seems to happen at the end of DSD track if next track is a PCM track, but not if next track is a DSD track.

Roon doesn't even try to tell HQPlayer about the next track at the end of the DSD track followed by a PCM track. It just sits there and eventually gives up sitting and talking to HQPlayer.

I've started a thread over on the roon forums linking your post.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/problem-mixed-dsd-pcm-playlists-to-hqplayer/29129

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

@jpowellA good way to isolate the issue, try to install Roon on other computer and use SGM as network NAA to see if it happen as well. Hope it help.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

I have a 2-pc HQP/NAA setup, both pc's have dual port fiber NIC's. One port is used to connect to the network, and other port I have connected directly between pcs. I just noticed that when I start HQP and look at NAA, it display that connection request is coming from the directly connected port(s). I thought HQP/NAA always connected through the router/switch, but what I am seeing is that it is making a direct connection, as it is being discussed in that other thread. Is this direct connection is normal in HQP/NAA situation?

Anybody cam across the "Unable to contact IP driver. General failure." message?

From my control pc I can ping the IP adres of the audio pc (with NAA), Zero packages lost, everything 100%.

However, the other way around (pinging from the audio pc with NAA towards the control pc with HQPlayer) generates the message above.

If I start HQplayer (while NAA is already up and running) it can't find NAA?

I already tried "netsh int ip reset" but it failed. Any suggestions?

Mobile: iPhone 6s 128Gb > Chord Hugo > Shure 846

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521

I can't edit my post above but everything is working again. Strange since I just repeated the steps I tried dozen times before O.o

Mobile: iPhone 6s 128Gb > Chord Hugo > Shure 846

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521

On 8/1/2017 at 7:03 PM, Miska said:

So I am revisiting my Roon setup (been using Geoff's JRiver to HQP setup as of now) and I tried to recreate this mixed playlist issue.  However, my dac (Holo Spring) does indeed do DSD so my setup is truly "Auto" in that I upsample all PCM to 352/384 (auto family also on) and DSD to DSD512.  I have no issues with DSD tracks hanging before moving to a PCM track, but my sample size is small so far.

21 minutes ago, ted_b said:

So I am revisiting my Roon setup (been using Geoff's JRiver to HQP setup as of now) and I tried to recreate this mixed playlist issue.  However, my dac (Holo Spring) does indeed do DSD so my setup is truly "Auto" in that I upsample all PCM to 352/384 (auto family also on) and DSD to DSD512.  I have no issues with DSD tracks hanging before moving to a PCM track, but my sample size is small so far.

Good to hear this!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

27 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I tested with output fixed to 768k PCM to more closely reflect setup of the report...

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

I've seen the issue with everything being converted to DSD128 and just using Roon Radio on the Jazz genre. I have DSD64, 24/192, 24/88.2, 16/44.1 etc source data in that genre.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

On 01/08/2017 at 10:47 PM, jpowell said:

Thanks, Jeff. I'll pick up over there. Thanks, Miska, also, for confirming that it's 'not just me' :).

I have the same problem. I commented here before.

And I don't use SGM. It is a software problem. I don't know if HQplayer's or Roon's.

My DAC is PCM only, so DSD files are converted to PCM by HQPLayer.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

On 8/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, sig8 said:

I thought HQP/NAA always connected through the router/switch, but what I am seeing is that it is making a direct connection, as it is being discussed in that other thread. Is this direct connection is normal in HQP/NAA situation?

I am not sure I understand your post.  So both the NAA and HQP are connected to the router and to each other?  A direct connection between NAA and HQP can work if set up properly.  Have you tried unplugging both from the switch and playing music locally?

In my setup, my HQP PC has dual fiber nic as well.  One port is connected to my network while the other port is connected directly to my NAA which only has a single port nic.  The nic on my HQP PC is bridged so that I can remote desktop into my NAA as required for troubleshooting, etc.  To test this direct connection, I played music stored locally on the HQP PC, unplugged the network connection and music continued to play through my NAA.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I'm sorry for such a basic question, but I searched a few terms and didn't find anyone commenting on this, so here I go:

*  has anyone done a comparison of playing a track (or playlist) via drag-n-drop versus playing it/them via Roon-HQplayer integration?  If so, does Roon add any sq gremlins?  Larry (lmitche) says he remembers discussing this somewhere regarding Roon client adding a slight sq hit (now playing elapsed time adding slight noise).  So I add this second question:

*  if above is true, is setting up a long queue and closing Roon client a solution?