IGNORED

Push audio to multiple network outputs with foobar

Hi Guys,

Foobar is my player of choice for many reasons, but one feature it's missing (on the surface) is the ability to push audio to multiple output devices on my network. Is there a way via a plugin or third party software (independent of foobar) that any users here have been able to play a song in foobar, and have it pushed to any number of devices on a network to utilise their speakers? I have 5 different sets of speakers attached to computers throughout my house, and would like to selectively distribute the audio playing from foobar to those speakers. I have tried AirFoil but it had significant lag and synchronisation issues, so it got the flick. Has anybody done this successfully before?

Thanks!

sabrehagen

Hmmm, I've heard great things of JRiver, but have never used it. What means does JRiver use to do the audio distribution?
In JRiver you can create Zones for each device, and those can be linked together if that's what you want.

It will support DLNA/UPnP etc. to send audio to networked devices.

In JRiver you can create Zones for each device, and those can be linked together if that's what you want.

It will support DLNA/UPnP etc. to send audio to networked devices.

UPnP/DLNA will support streaming of music files from the one media library to multiple networked devices, even the same file. However, there's currently no synch support for streaming the same file to multiple devices via UPnP/DLNA, if that's what the OP is after. So there's no guarantee that the devices will carry on playing the same music at the same time, even if you do manage to start them off so.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

give this a shot, install Bubble UPNP server on the PC and define it to act as an Open Home conduit for each of your various renderers. Then use Kinsky app as controller, Open Home renderer selector.
Excellent idea, Dave, assuming the OP can live without in-sync renderers.

The renderers will now have the separate cached playlists as OpenHome Media streamers and the controlling application doesn't need to be running for the renderers to carry on playing. Also, if the renderers support gapless playback under standard UPnP/DLNA, the BubbleUPnP server allows them to be gapless as ohMedia renderers too.

Agree Kinsky is a decent ohMedia controller to use (Windows, Mac, iOS & Android), other good ohMedia controllers to try - Lumin app (iPad only) and the BubbleUPnP app (Android only, doubles up as a standard UPnP/DLNA gapless supporting controller as well as an ohMedia one and not to be confused with similarly the named BubbleUPnP server).

I'd also suggest the OP use Foobar2000 with the foo_UPnP plugin component, as the UPnP renderer software for any Windows computers with attached speakers.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox