IGNORED

Chord Hugo or AK 240

I'd be really curious if anyone has been able to compare the sound of these. They are obviously different in that the hugo is a dac/amp while the Ak 240 is a Media Player. But the Chord blurs the line with its portability.

What is the sound quality of one vs the other?

I've heard both, albeit under less than ideal conditions (at the recent Head-Fi meet). I don't think either is remotely worth the money, but I preferred the AK 240, both for sound quality and convenience. I'm sticking with my current portable rig: iPad Air, Resonessence Herus, and iCan Nano.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

I've heard both, albeit under less than ideal conditions (at the recent Head-Fi meet). I don't think either is remotely worth the money, but I preferred the AK 240, both for sound quality and convenience. I'm sticking with my current portable rig: iPad Air, Resonessence Herus, and iCan Nano.

I am really excited to say that I'll be listening to the HUGO soon, can't wait and will let you know if my experience is different than yours.

I know much of this is subjective but the feedback I had was: "The Chord is Jaw dropping good. It is a game changer. I can not say enough good things about it. Just amazing..."