IGNORED

XLD Ripping format of filename question

aspernpapers

Im trying to rip a official soundtrack cd to flac and have set the file naming in preferences to %A - %y - %T [%f]/%n - %t which produces the flac files in the wrong order (the cd details are not available on freedb.freedb.org and I am having to enter the details manually. When I try %A - %T (%y) [%f]/%n - %a - %t I get three different folder. Please could you let me know what naming format I should use to get the tracks in the correct order and in one file.

Im trying to rip a official soundtrack cd to flac and have set the file naming in preferences to %A - %y - %T [%f]/%n - %t which produces the flac files in the wrong order (the cd details are not available on freedb.freedb.org and I am having to enter the details manually. When I try %A - %T (%y) [%f]/%n - %a - %t I get three different folder. Please could you let me know what naming format I should use to get the tracks in the correct order and in one file.

I use this:

/%A/%T/%n %a - %t

This will first create or put in a folder based on Album Artist, then create folder based on album name, and then provide track number, artist and song title.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Thanks for all your input. I tried mwheelerks recomendation %n/%T/%n%t but it produced separate folders.I had to edit the metadata for the track names etc as the cd isn't listed on freedb.freedb.org and what info it takes from the cd is very basic. I completed the fields for artists etc.

bplexico's recommendation /%A/%T/%n %a - %t wouldn't work in this instance as its a soundtrack with different artists.

Pooger's %n %t - %a %T (%y) worked in flac but when it can to creating a transcode for use in in iTunes it splits the album so not all of the tracks appear under the album title.

What I'm trying to do is get the soundtrack cd in flac format in the correct track sequence, than transcode it in XLD for iTunes so it displays like any other album with all the tracks listed.

Interesting, those settings in XLD when used with an album with various artists, or one tagged as a compilation work with the initial folder being either "Various Artists" or "Compilation" respectively. Under that folder is the album name. The album then has the track number, artist(s), and song title.

Sorry it it did not work for you.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I have entered the Album Artist as "various artists" and its fine with the flac, but with the transcode iTunes just overwrites the names of the individual artists names and gives it a generic artist name/group even though this isn't applicable to all of the album. Thank you for all your help

I have entered the Album Artist as "various artists" and its fine with the flac, but with the transcode iTunes just overwrites the names of the individual artists names and gives it a generic artist name/group even though this isn't applicable to all of the album. Thank you for all your help

Why don't you transcode it in XLD and then add to iTunes? This is how I used to do it when I still used iTunes.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull