IGNORED

Upgrade Weiss DAC202 or buy INT204

Which one can provide more better sound between  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used Weiss DAC202 for a while. But it didn't support DSD.

As you know we can upgrade DAC202 to support DSD file (via USB).

But Weiss already launch INT204.

So, Which one can provide more better sound between

Upgrade DAC202 to support DSD (via USB)

or

Buy INT204 and connect to DAC202 via AES/EBU

I'm still waiting your suggestion, Thank you

I don't understand your question.

My DAC 202 has a Firewire and a SPDIFF Interface and Daniel Weiss is offering an upgrade to connect the 202 via USB and enables it playing DSD.

INT isn't a new DAC but an USB / SPDIF interface. It enables me to interface an USB computer but has nothing to do with DSD.

What do wan't to know?

simplon

Digital Sources: MacBook 8GB / 512GB internal SSD, iTunes 12.0.1.26, OS X 10.10 El Capitan, Amarra Symphony iRC 3.0.3 and Pure Music 2.0, Weiss DAC 202 Firewire, Creek Destiny CD,

Analog Sources: Transrotor FatBob Turntable with SME M2-9 tonearm and Benz ACE-L MC cartridge

Preamplification: McIntosh C500T Tube preamplifier; Clearaudio Balance+ Phono preamplifier (balanced);

Power amplifier: McIntosh MC452 Stereo

Loudspeaker: B&W 802 Diamond

Cables:

AC: Audioplan power conditioning and 5x Audioplan Power Cable, 1 Shunyayta power cable, 1 Audio Pro power cable

Kimber KS 1130 XLR between Phonostage and pre-amplifier, Speakercable Kimber 3033 incl. Kimber BiFocal Bi-wiring- adapter, Audiopro Advanced Listening 3 XLR, 1 digital SPDIF cable CD to DAC, Firewire MacBook to DAC Kubala-Sosna,

Accessories: room treated with accoustic elements from r-t-f-s, Hannl Mera Vinyl Record Cleaner; 5x bFly Audioabsorber, Creative equipment rack