IGNORED

Weiss DAC202 Question

Which one can provide more better sound between  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi

I used Weiss DAC202 for a while. But it didn't support DSD.

As you know we can upgrade DAC202 to support DSD file (via USB).

But Weiss already launch INT204.

So, Which one can provide more better sound between (no budget concern)

- Upgrade DAC202 to support DSD (via USB)

or

- Buy INT204 and connect to DAC202 via AES/EBU

I'm still waiting your suggestion, Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Actually there's also the option to upgrade all Weiss DACs such as DAC202 with the INT204 card to allow conversion of DSD files.

I was quoted CHF 1560 + tax for upgrading a DAC202 (original firewire model) - may be different for other DACs.

I'll be going this route in due course.

I understand that the circuit board that they hook up internally in the DAC202 and MEDUS is the same one from INT204. So upgrading the DACs or using an external INT204, the only changes are the cables, power supply and separate chassis.

Also the INT204 board (internal or external) converts DSD to PCM (16/24 bits and 88/176kHz user selectable in INT204, not sure when it is internal, maybe fixed to 24/176).

BTW, you can do the same DSD=>PCM conversion in software real time during playback (Audirvana, JRiver, etc), so that you can keep using the DAC202 standalone to play DSD converted files.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red