IGNORED

Handcrafted Audiophile Linear Power Supply by Kenneth Lau

Hi Kenneth- please send me cost, specs and shipping cost for power supply compatible with Metric Halo LIO 8 ?

shipping to 32250 Florida USA

Thanks again,

Joe

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Also, some more upgrade of the LPS for Lumin A1

Handsome stainless steel transformer case!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13167[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13168[/ATTACH]

Could you quote to send to Brazil?

Regards

JPezzini

From what I know it is a complete unit, no self-assembly.

EU compliance?

I asked that question some time ago and the simple answer is - no!

(See post 10 in this thread)

You get what you ordered and you have to deal with it.

Same story with this unit or Keces or JS-2 which you can find in other threads here at CA.

Audiophile aspects and sound quality may all be on the "safe" side with all of them, but these DIY units and start-up companies most probably never checked EU regulations IMO. (Just a personal guess, but always open to be proven wrong on this context).

It doesn't mean bad product, but all the (electrical) risk it at your end ...

I saw your post 10 and the answer and that's why I asked the question - what is the diy aspect?

DIY means do it yourself. This appears to be a fully assembled psu without any safety certificate. My understanding is if they don't meet the certification they cannot be sold in the EU. I believe other markets have the same or similar requirements. I would have thought the supplier(s) would have to get certification to cover themselves if the worse happens to avoid prosecution.

I saw your post 10 and the answer and that's why I asked the question - what is the diy aspect?

DIY means do it yourself. This appears to be a fully assembled psu without any safety certificate. My understanding is if they don't meet the certification they cannot be sold in the EU. I believe other markets have the same or similar requirements. I would have thought the supplier(s) would have to get certification to cover themselves if the worse happens to avoid prosecution.

I am not 100% sure ... but as this is not being sold in the EU; but sold in HK and then counted as a personal import then EU certification does not apply.

You may as the end user be hit for import duty.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The problem here is the missing CE marking.

Well no; the problem (if there is one) is that it's not been passed for testing. The CE mark is just an acknowledgement that testing has been completed and the device is compliant.

This was discussed with Kenneth when I bought my Lumin PS.

European Regulatory Requirements - CE Marking

As I commented above; Kenneth isn't marketing a product in the EU. He is marketing a product in HK which as an individual you are importing.

There is a similar situation with other products including (at least original version of) the Berkeley Alpha DAC - this was only available in very limited numbers due to non-compliance with EU regs.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Well no; the problem (if there is one) is that it's not been passed for testing. The CE mark is just an acknowledgement that testing has been completed and the device is compliant.

Eloise

Well, this may still pose a problem with your insurance company if your house burns down and you have deliberatly used a PSU that is not CE marked that was found to cause it, I suppose.

But as you say, this is the buyers problem, not the seller...

• 4 months later...
Due to limited time for DIY work and easier to handle the orders, I am now only build the following LPS for overseas order, sorry about that.

3. Audiophile Linear Power Supply for Wadia 121

Interested parties, please send enquiry to [email protected] for details, thanks!

Are you still building power supplies for the Wadia 121 in the U.S.? I sent an email to the address above, but haven't gotten a response. - Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I am interested in very clean power supply (15V, 3A) for audiophile grade headphone amp Holographic Audio Ear One Products | Holographic Audio - Swedish Hifi

Can you make such in enclosure similar size as amp itself (silver alum color)?

That headphone amp takes an AC supply--not DC as offered here. This means that your HA has the AC>DC rectification, filtering, and regulation inside its chassis. So all you need externally is a power transformer (size maybe 50VA to 100VA) with a 15V secondary. Nothing else is needed (well power inlet jack, switch, fuse, and jack/cord for output). You could go with a toroid transformer, or get fancy and order up a pricey R-core. But don't look for any regulated DC supplies to feel your particular headphone amp.

That headphone amp takes an AC supply--not DC as offered here. This means that your HA has the AC>DC rectification, filtering, and regulation inside its chassis. So all you need externally is a power transformer (size maybe 50VA to 100VA) with a 15V secondary. Nothing else is needed (well power inlet jack, switch, fuse, and jack/cord for output). You could go with a toroid transformer, or get fancy and order up a pricey R-core. But don't look for any regulated DC supplies to feel your particular headphone amp.

Thank you very much for informative respond.

I realize that I wished to improve what doesn't need to be improved, what seems fit quite well into contemporary audioshizophilephrenic trends well.

Point taken and appreciated.