IGNORED

Logitech Transporter (ModWright) continuously looking for server

Good day, all.

I've had a MW Transporter for a number of months now, but am just now really trying to get it "just right". One of my beefs with this thing is that if the server (a MBP) goes to sleep, it wants to continuously look for it (I want to it just turn completely off). Even if I turn it off and then put the server to sleep, it still looks for it. Then, once I turn it back on, I have to manually reconnect to our library. Is there a way around this?

Thanks for your time,

Mick

Apple Mac Pro / SSD / FLAC / Logitech Media Server >> Wi-Fi >> Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w/EDO) >> TOSLINK >> Chord Qute EX >> RG6 >> Goldpoint SA-1 >> RG6 >> James Burgess "Baby Ongaku" (EML 2A3M) >> 12 AWG zip cord >> Omega Speaker Systems Super 8 XRS

Good day, all.

I've had a MW Transporter for a number of months now, but am just now really trying to get it "just right". One of my beefs with this thing is that if the server (a MBP) goes to sleep, it wants to continuously look for it (I want to it just turn completely off). Even if I turn it off and then put the server to sleep, it still looks for it. Then, once I turn it back on, I have to manually reconnect to our library. Is there a way around this?

The only way around this is to have your LMS(erver) always on such as on a NAS or dedicated Linux box (e.g. Vortexbox).

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

That's what I figured. In fact, I've been planning to set up a machine dedicated solely to serving up music, so... Here goes. :)

Thanks for the response, Eloise.

Cheers,

Mick

Apple Mac Pro / SSD / FLAC / Logitech Media Server >> Wi-Fi >> Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w/EDO) >> TOSLINK >> Chord Qute EX >> RG6 >> Goldpoint SA-1 >> RG6 >> James Burgess "Baby Ongaku" (EML 2A3M) >> 12 AWG zip cord >> Omega Speaker Systems Super 8 XRS