IGNORED

Lampizator L5 DAC, Lampizator USB Transport Quandry

Hi,

A bit about my system.

1. Laptop i3, with 8mb RAM running Windows 7, jRiver 19, jPlay 5.2, dbpoweramp and several other pieces of audio software. It resides in my listening room and is connected to my Windows 8.1 Server via CAT 7 Ethernet cable.

2. The Windows 8.1 Server with 8mb RAM and AMD 6 core has jplay installed and Stablebit Drivepool with a 9tb mirrored.

I own a Lampizator L5 DAC with DSD and remote control it uses the Amareno USB driver.

I also purchased the Lampizator USB Transport which is really a USB to SPDIF converter. Both pieces sound incredible. But I have some issues getting the two to work together.

The Problem

I'm using two USB cables from the laptop, one directly into the DAC for DSD playback (It will play PCM as well of course.) This works very well with jplay and jRiver. On the jPlay settings screen the DSD uses KS Amareno driver and works well.

But for PCM I want to use my USB Transport. For this connection the other USB cable runs from the laptop into the USB Transport then out from it via SPDIF into the DAC.

The USB Transport is quite special and provides sound very similar to the Lampizator Transport based on the Squeezebox Duet but with none of the headaches Squeezebox provides. It uses the exD USB drivers that Lukasz provided me. It played Redbook, 24/48, and up to 24/192. Everything was going pretty well and cooperating with each other. JRiver was configured with Jplay and jPlay was set to KS Amerano. Everything was working fine. Then my laptop's harddrive crashed and burned. So I brought my server PC into the listening room to use until the laptop could be repaired.

After this playback has been at best erratic. I have the DSD working well with jplay as configured above. But with the same settings I used before with the USB Transport and exD drivers I can only get the USB Transport to play files from Redbook up to 24/96. Sometimes it will try to play the higher resolutions but then quits after about a second. Most of the time no sound at all.

If anything I would gave guessed it would very easier for the server PC to playback music than the laptop as it is the more powerful the PC but the reverse is happening. The sound seems much better through the Windows 8 Server except playback has become erratic and problematic.

I've tried to tell the whole story and hope you can help me solve the problems. If you have questions for me I will answer as best I can.

Isn't it possible for jplay to work in conjunction with the the Amerano and exD drivers?

Is there another driver I could use for both? This is driving me wild.

Thanks in advance. I'm posting on jplay forum as well.

Steven

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

• 3 weeks later...