IGNORED

DSD Playback Problems w/Audirvana

Need some help here. Recently purchased an Auralic Vega, and like any new toy, couldn't wait to download some DSD files. My playback system consists of a Mac Mini running Audirvana+ linked to iTunes. I downloaded a couple of titles from Acoustic Sounds, loaded them into iTunes via Audirvana. They played back beautifully. Then, I tried a DSD 128 from Opus 3. Loaded it as usual and Audrivana does not recognize it as DSD. In the Audirvana info window, it runs through the titles of the tracks, never playing them, and then skips to start playing the next album in iTunes. Tried re-downloading and did not help. Last night, I downloaded a sampler from Channel Classics. Exact same issue. However, the Acoustic Sounds DSD downloads continue to work great. Since neither I nor my Mac has any European bias, I am stumped at what is going on. I hope this makes sense. If anyone has had a similar experience or suggestions to fix, it will be greatly appreciated.

Auralic Aries/Devialet 200/Analysis Plus Oval 9/Harbeth M30.1

Maybe we have met the similar problem:

I have bought a A+ last week, and the version is 1.5.10. now i have some problem in playing DSD:

1\ When i play the DSF files which is from Blue Coast, the sound is perfect. but when i play SACD ISO files, i can hear the music, but at the same time there are obvious noise. the setting is the same in the preferences.

2\When i put the DSD convert to PCM 352.8, at begining it is perfect, but after 2 or more hours, the music will not be coherent,just a little bit on and off. why?

3\ My DAC is Playback Designs MPD3 , which is perfect.

@bigmusicfan After 2 hours of resampling DSD to PCM your computer is probably running low on RAM. OSX is paging RAM to disk like crazy in order not to run out of memory - hence the dropouts.

Noice when playing DSD ISO: never experienced that, sorry.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

i have the same problem! :( what's the solution that you figured out? thanks

I am a little embarrassed to talk about it, but here goes. I download music on my Macbook and transfer it to my Mini via flash drive. I inserted the flash drive and went through the process of "adding to iTunes" proxy via Audirvana. For some reason I had the misguided impression that that function added the files themselves to iTunes, hence the result that nothing would play. Once I realized this I opened a folder on my desktop marked "DSD" and downloaded the files to that. From there I created the proxy in Audirvana and everything now works smoothly.

Auralic Aries/Devialet 200/Analysis Plus Oval 9/Harbeth M30.1